Rams - Hard Knocks 2020

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Wish it wasn’t so primarily focused on the Chargers but overall good episode. McVay is just the man.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
Shouldve called it the Chargers show. Maybe a total of 5 minutes of Rams material. Oh well Anthony Lynn seems pretty cool and I'm a fan of Bosa so I'll keep watching.

I want to see more of McVay and our coaches to see how they do things behind closed doors. Also Donte Deayon is nuttier than squirrel shit but atleast he doesn't seem to have a fascination with tank tops.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The Jalen Ramsey highlights were cool.

And Deayon must be the locker room clown, in a good way. I think it's funny how his locker is in another room, right next to the bathroom door.

RamsFanCK

HAIL ME
Fun to watch. Feels good man. So glad the Rams Head seems to be getting the nod as the primary.

Don’t shit in the porta potty!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Hard Knocks takeaways “Lets stay with 12 personnel”

As the LA Rams debuted on HBO Hard Knocks: LA, there were a lot of hopes of seeing the ins-and-outs of the Rams at training camp. What are the Rams up against? What big drama is playing out this year?

First and foremost, the Rams defensive back Dante Deayon was hilarious. He was the main featured player, simply because he knows how to turn it on in front of the camera. He showed up when the Rams were working out, as he walked up to Aaron Donald’s workout routine and hinted at a “pose off” by calling out that he is doing a full-body workout as well. In another segment of the first episode, Deayon had a mini-protest by pointing out that he was in a “makeshift” section of the locker room. He referred to his locker area as the “project” and hopeful that he would be promoted to the suburbs section of the locker room.

Terrell Lewis there and back again

The majority of the HBO Hard Knocks: LA episode 1 focused on pandemic protocols, COVID-19 testing, and the like. If you haven’t followed along, the debut did confirm that Rams rookie OLB Terrell Lewis did test positive for COVID-19, and was assigned to the COVID-19/reserve list. Even while his status was broadcast on HBO Hard Knocks: LA, Lewis tweeted an update:

View: https://twitter.com/_real24_/status/1293384568079179781?s=21

Look for the Rams to reactivate him tomorrow. The team has already cleared roster space by waving DB Levonta Taylor earlier today. That takes us to the final summary of episode one – three takeaways.

Takeaway III – The first-team offensive line appears to be Andrew Whitworth, Austin Corbett, Austin Blythe, David Edwards, and Rob Havenstein. The Rams’ offensive line was on the field when the Rams were running their starters. These five starters on the offensive line were confirmed later in the evening on the Rams Hard Knocks: The After Show online streaming broadcast.

Takeaway II – The LA Rams defense flirting with DB Jalen Ramsey all over the secondary. While difficult to make out without more reference points, he appeared to be defending the outside receiver, a slot receiver, and in deep zone coverage. So far, the defense is not sharing a single thing about the coverage scheme. This will be fun to watch in the opener.

Takeaway I – “Let’s stay with 12 personnel” was heard during the offensive walkthroughs. If there was any thought that the Rams would abandon the two tight-end formations in 2020, that seems to be temporarily nixed. In fact, I expect that with four solid tight ends, the Rams will likely stay with the heavier blocking formations until the defenses adjust to bigger linebacker heavy schemes. Then, the Rams can go three wideouts and burn defenses via the passing game.

The first episode was a mixed bag. I get it that televised broadcasts like this are designed for a national audience and that the unique design of this year’s programming was already intended to split between the Chargers and the Rams. If you were looking to satisfy your football fix, this program may actually have made it worse. It gave a taste of football, but not much more.

Give me more! I suppose that was the idea, right? I’m hooked now and am eager to view next week’s episode.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Takeaway I – “Let’s stay with 12 personnel” was heard during the offensive walkthroughs. If there was any thought that the Rams would abandon the two tight-end formations in 2020, that seems to be temporarily nixed. In fact, I expect that with four solid tight ends, the Rams will likely stay with the heavier blocking formations until the defenses adjust to bigger linebacker heavy schemes. Then, the Rams can go three wideouts and burn defenses via the passing game.

Jizz Come GIF - Jizz Come Tired GIFs

although if the defense sees the rams sub in 11 personnel they too will sub in their 11 personnel d package.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
My only take away was, who in the hell really every goes #2 in a porta potty? My God!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
This is fucking bullshit. 2 of the rules for being a team picked on Hard Knocks 1) You can't be a team that's made the playoffs in the last two years. 2) You can't be a team that's been on Hard Knocks in the last 10 seasons.
I've always felt that all these London games and the Hard Knocks appearances, excetera, were due to an inside deal Kroenke made to get support for the move to LA.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Are they supposed to go in their pants?

IDK, players can go in the building so maybe it was one of the hard knocks crew because they couldn't go in the building, however, there has to be some better places, but that's just me.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
IDK, players can go in the building so maybe it was one of the hard knocks crew because they couldn't go in the building, however, there has to be some better places, but that's just me.
I thought you were saying who goes in a porta potty in GENERAL.
Every Porta-Potty I've ever seen has a toilet seat built in.

But I definitely put down a layer of toilet paper first. :)

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
My only take away was, who in the hell really every goes #2 in a porta potty? My God!
Well lemme tell you, honestly I spent 1979 thru 2013 on construction sites, so of course I’m gonna plead guilty more than once, but thee very worst part of #2 in A porta potty, is, it ain’t the smell, or even the sight, no it’s the backsplash when dumping a log :censored::shock:

lol, hope that wasn’t TMI

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just curious, but is there a delay in watching on HBO Max like there was back in 2017?
Timing my free week...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did anybody else notice Nantes Patrick out there with what looks like the 1st team?