Rams finalizing trade for mark barron

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Fisher has decided to load up on QB-seeking missiles and plans to field a defense consisting of nothing but pass rushers and in-the-box safeties. Laurinaitis has been demoted to gunner on ST's, and Brockers was last seen taking snaps at LG.

Not sure i like this trade, a 4th rounder is steep for a team that is 2-5 and sliding, and is going to need a QB in the draft. I get that McLeod isn't the answer(and is hurt) but we've got TJMac back there.

On the other hand maybe Barron is the missing piece in our secondary who can ignite our front seven.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
AB is currently looking for employment on another NFL team so he can continue false starting his way to the Hall of Shame.
Throw in all those personal fouls and he was heading there on a fast track.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
I like who we got but not to crazy about giving up a 4th & 6th in the same draft. Maybe 4th and a swap if 6ths if were ahead of them if not a 6th or 7th the following year,would have been a little better than giving up 2 of 7 in the same draft.

tbux

Rookie
A former TB Te does a local show where he breaks down film each week. He was asked about this trade and Barron recently and replied "nothing good on tape, but nothing bad either" so he he hasn't stood out one way or another. Don't think cover 2 was a good fit for him and this change may wake him up to play better and more aggressively under Williams. Worth a shot.

jjab360

Legend
I like who we got but not to crazy about giving up a 4th & 6th in the same draft. Maybe 4th and a swap if 6ths if were ahead of them if not a 6th or 7th the following year,would have been a little better than giving up 2 of 7 in the same draft.
Let's be for real, we got lucky with Gaines in the 6th this year, but most of the time a 6th round pick is nothing but a glorified UDFA.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think hes our fs. Wagoner said on twitter that hes only played 25% of his snaps in the box

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Let's be for real, we got lucky with Gaines in the 6th this year, but most of the time a 6th round pick is nothing but a glorified UDFA.
We've got Zuerlein and Gaines in the 6th these past few years. There's plenty of value to be had. If we can get Barron to play to his potential, he's definitely worth it, but you can find some damn good players in the lower rounds, and our GM seems to do a nice job of doing it.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Watched the news on "Around the NFl" on the NFL Network.... He's going to be the Roman Harper guy (SS) in our defense. Box Safety who will blitz lots. Highlights they showed was him being a good tackler/ thumper along the LOS..
So saying that I will assume TJ McDonald will move to FS and handle the TE coverage, which Fisher liked but needed him in the box do to lack of talent their

Alan

Legend
What did we really give up?
4th round picks in last 6 years:

2014 Mo Alexander
2013 Barrett Jones
2012 Chris Givens
2011 Greg Salas
2010 Mardy Gilyard
2009 Darell Scott

6th round picks in last 6 years:
2014 E.J. Gaines & Garrett Gilbert
2013 None
2012 Greg Zuerlein
2011 None
2010 Fendi Onobun
2009 Keith Null

Last edited:

lockdnram21

Legend
Watched the news on "Around the NFl" on the NFL Network.... He's going to be the Roman Harper guy (SS) in our defense. Box Safety who will blitz lots. Highlights they showed was him being a good tackler/ thumper along the LOS..
So saying that I will assume TJ McDonald will move to FS and handle the TE coverage, which Fisher liked but needed him in the box do to lack of talent their
guarding TE is one of Barrons strong points. Hopefully he can shut Davis down

Alan

Legend
PressureD41 forgetting his history:
So saying that I will assume TJ McDonald will move to FS and handle the TE coverage, which Fisher liked but needed him in the box do to lack of talent there.
That's probably how it will play out but McDonald was a major fail at FS (or at least in doing things that an NFL FS does) in college.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What did we really give up?
4th round picks in last 5 years:
2014 Mo Alexander
2013 Barrett Jones
2012 Chris Givens
2011 Greg Salas
2010 Mardy Gilyard
2009 Darell Scott

6th round piks in last 5 years:
2014 E.J. Gaines & Garrett Gilbert
2013 None
2012 Greg Zuerlein
2011 None
2010 Fendi Onobun
2009 Keith Null
Good point and i'm glad i could look at all that. My thinking is that Snead is a guy who is willing to maneuver around the draft, package picks etc...and we're going to need a QB. I'd just prefer to have all four of our top picks in hand next spring. I probably would have gone the other direction and gained a pick rather than lose one. Who knows, maybe Fish/Snead aren't done.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Well looks like I can take Landon Collins off my Rams big board.

Not sure how I feel about this, gonna have to watch a few games.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe he can help out Ogeltree when he isn't making plays on his own.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Well looks like I can take Landon Collins off my Rams big board.

Not sure how I feel about this, gonna have to watch a few games.

I'm disappointed, I like Landon Collins more than Mark Barron from what I've seen.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Sure looks like we need a true starter opposite of Johnson, and we need a another OLB badly

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Well... I like the trade. He was out of place in the Tampa system.

Let's hope ours brings out his first round talent.

PressureD41

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
I still don't think our CB's are good enough(TJohnson excluded). Not for today's pass happy NFL.

The Rams actually coveted this guy when he came out in 2012, and were thinking of taking him at 6. Were hoping to trade back to 14 to get him, but he was taken at 7... then we took Brockers. So Fish / Snead have liked him since he came out. I look for Gregg Williams to use him in a similar way that he used Roman Harper in NO.

Thats what around the NFL said on the NFL Network re: Harper Role

Athos

Legend
One thing to think about is that he's pretty good against running QBs.

I remember in his rookie season (RG3s amazing year) he basically shut RG3 down in the ground game. Picked him up, body slammed him, stopped him cold quite a few times, Bucs finished only giving up 30-40 yards to RG3 on runs that day which was fantastic at the time, and a lot of that was Barron.

I don't know exact numbers but he's played well against mobile QBs for his career from what I remember. That's very very important in the division we are in.

Trade will be worth its weight in gold if he goes on Hulk-Smash on Kraperdick and manhandles pipsqueak Wilson if he tries to run.

I think this trade is intended to take pressure off Ogletree. Maybe he'll be the spy against the running QBs.