Rams final cuts

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Yeah I don't know why that one went that way. I'm sure the Rams have a good reason I just have no idea what it is. Maybe special teams. Didn't really focus on them because they were so shitty it would just piss me off.

From everything I saw, Robinson didn't do teams, and if he did - like you said - he did an incredibly shitty job at it. I'm kinda pissed that they dumped Kier Thomas because he was easily our best outside pass-rush threat. But Tyler Johnson getting the axe is just inexcusable because he outperformed Robinson in every possible concievable way.

It makes me wish we had more roster spots than fifty-three; with the way injuries are in the NFL nowadays, it just makes so much sense, and it gives jobs to more players.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I am really stewing over Tyler Johnson and Kier Thomas being cut over Robinson and Mathis. Thomas was our best pass rusher this preseason, and Mathis has been hurt. I've already made my thoughts about Robinson clear, but Tyler Johnson is younger, a better route runner, just a better receiver.

Bruss, I can handle. Rochell is fine. But I'm kinda pissed about some of the other decisions.
I doubt any are claimed to another team's 53, so watch this space as all might soon return, Tyler, Kier and Logan especially

TexasRam

Legend
From everything I saw, Robinson didn't do teams, and if he did - like you said - he did an incredibly shitty job at it. I'm kinda pissed that they dumped Kier Thomas because he was easily our best outside pass-rush threat. But Tyler Johnson getting the axe is just inexcusable because he outperformed Robinson in every possible concievable way.

It makes me wish we had more roster spots than fifty-three; with the way injuries are in the NFL nowadays, it just makes so much sense, and it gives jobs to more players.
Yea I’m with you on these two moves.

Every year some preseason top performers get axed and it’s a little
Annoying.

But I am sure there was a lot of stuff they were evaluating besides the preseason game production/stats.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I forgot Logan Bruss was a 3rd round...and a second to last 3rd round as a comp. So whatever. I don't see that many guys the team missed out on or anything.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A smart team will pick up Bruss and stash him on their PS. He was hurt his rookie year which halted his development and was coming back his second year from that injury and moving positions for the second year in a row. A smart OC/HC/OL coach picks him up based off his college tape and coaches him up.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
So they don't have a place kicker now. They're gonna have to find one. The roster shows 53. Someone's gonna have to go to make room for a new kicker.
Maybe not.

Snead may have a new T-Shirt that reads ... "Fuck those field goals and extra points!"

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
A smart team will pick up Bruss and stash him on their PS. He was hurt his rookie year which halted his development and was coming back his second year from that injury and moving positions for the second year in a row. A smart OC/HC/OL coach picks him up based off his college tape and coaches him up.
Agreed. I just think it will be our coaches

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If our coaches rated him that highly, I doubt we would have run the risk of losing him through waivers.
Interesting hypothetical. Though we do it with players every year, you have to waive somebody on your roster to get them on the PS. There are always injury concerns. Just because a player is waived today doesn't mean the coaches dislike the guy, we've seen the exact opposite sentiment from McVay and staff many times already over the years.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Interesting hypothetical. Though we do it with players every year, you have to waive somebody on your roster to get them on the PS. There are always injury concerns. Just because a player is waived today doesn't mean the coaches dislike the guy, we've seen the exact opposite sentiment from McVay and staff many times already over the years.
Oh, I agree that we’ve done it before. But if we were really set on him, he’d have made the 53.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Van Valkenburg
Need a good nickname for him.

People like to talk about Snead's T-Shirt from a couple years ago that read: "Fuck Them Picks?"

But no one ever mentions the back of that T-Shirt, which read:
"Fuck them because I have no idea what the fuck I am doing with those draft picks!!!"
Our Scouts are really lacking in some areas.
Rochelle never developed and Bruss never showed anything.
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

These are all relatively high picks that totally flopped or didn't produce anywhere near where they should/could have.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh, I agree that we’ve done it before. But if we were really set on him, he’d have made the 53.
In your opinion, but again we've seen the opposite of what you're saying. Hell one of the guys on the 53 right now won't be on for long we know that as a fact since we don't have a kicker. The initial cuts aren't final and the players on the 53 right now aren't guaranteed to be on it week 1. He could still make the 53. He could be close to being healthy and they want him on the PS to practice and rehab. You're making some serious assumptions on McVay's behalf here and they don't jive with what we've seen in the past at all.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Our Scouts are really lacking in some areas.
Rochelle never developed and Bruss never showed anything.
Taylor Rapp
Daryl Henderson
David Long
Terrell Lewis
Jacob Harris

Need I say more?

These are all relatively high picks that totally flopped or didn't produce anywhere near where they should/could have.
Ummmm ok not sure why you quoted me???