Rams could bring back Scott Wells

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
If true, what does that tell us about how they feel about our present in-house options? :eek:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If true, what does that tell us about how they feel about our present in-house options? :eek:
1] Who knows if this has actual legs
2] It would probably be to "teach" all the yungin's
3] If he is on the roster and starts, Fisher needs to have his head examined by a professional... he may be concussed from his playing days

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd rather have Tim Barnes start than have Scott Wells anywhere near this team.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

If true, then they need to be put in straitjackets. Anyone on this team is better than Wells. You could put Michael Brockers or Aaron Donald at center, and they'd be Hall of Famers compared to Wells.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
He's a good player when healthy. Having him in camp couldn't hurt.
I don't want him starting, though

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Per Jim Thomas.

Don't kill the messenger.

Is this from that article he wrote about the Rams Oline? That was his idea because he feels the Rams line is in shambles. Sure they did not draft a Center. Maybe the think they can get by with what they have. Maybe they wanted to draft a Center and the right pick was not there, or maybe they feel like Andrew Donnal would nake a good center.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
If they do, I think he will be there to mentor the young guys, as well as, be a backup. Garrett Reynolds is currently our elder statesman on the O-Line with Saffold entering his 5th year. I do not see Wells playing unless we have no other option. I think either Jones / Rhaney / Barnes will be our starting center this year.

Wells = Player/Coach (with a higher emphasis on Coach)

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
It's Barrett Jones' time to start. He's had 2 years now to learn behind Scott Wells. Either he takes the Reins this year, or it's time to find someone new.

No no no to Scott Wells.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
The intense dislike for Wells is really over the top. Bad snaps when he played hurt (Bad elbow iirc), and for all we know, the RB missed the count on that fumble.
Lighten up on the guy - he really was not that bad. Don't want him to start, but more a function of hoping we have other capable starters than his play. JMO.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
This coming from a guy we already know isn't getting any information from the Rams coaches and FO. If it was from practically anyone else, I'd give it some credence.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
The intense dislike for Wells is really over the top. Bad snaps when he played hurt (Bad elbow iirc), and for all we know, the RB missed the count on that fumble.
Lighten up on the guy - he really was not that bad. Don't want him to start, but more a function of hoping we have other capable starters than his play. JMO.

No he really was that bad.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I agree with 503.

JT needs some new Tea Leaves. Maybe Siri can direct him to the nearest Teavana... I hear that Oprah Chai Tea is something special...

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
This coming from a guy we already know isn't getting any information from the Rams coaches and FO. If it was from practically anyone else, I'd give it some credence.

OK, I'll admit it - I didn't have a source. :cautious:

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Personally, I don't think this has a premise. I just saw it on social media and thought I would share because well, free country. I think Fishers house would be burned to the ground if he started Wells this year.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Much rather throw one of our young guys into the fire than Wells. I like the idea of getting our young guys on the field together and letting them grow together, especially if we are going to run it a bunch.