Rams Coaching Staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
His name is Giff Smith; and he was the Chargers' Interim Head Coach for three games after Brandon Staley was fired.
IMO a solid hire for a rookie DC to have with him,especially since Staley’s defense was part of the foundation of what The Rams have been running the last 4 seasons.

Sometimes change isn’t bad, and the way AD99 has taken over the leadership role bigger(more) than he ever has.Kobie Turner added a little youth back into his play were its not about the pressure of being The Best Ever than it is of having fun & letting loose.

Thanks for the Giff Smith,wish The Rams would have got Goff there last game.We could be talking about another Rams Superbowl.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Ah shit, I couldn't quite remember the words.

We need more anthology shows with smoking hot guest stars.
I thought You were referencing the Love Boat theme song when you posted
... 'exciting and new ... so come aboard'

That's from the song. So I just added the next line ... 'we're expecting you'

oldnotdead

Legend
This season like last season will be impacted to a large degree by the quality of the coaching staff. Last year I said the season would show how good or not the coaching staff was. Well the NFL agreed and poached the hell out of the staff once the season was completed. The Rams have become a coveted team for an aspiring coach to showcase themselves. In that regard, it makes it easier for McVay to recruit new coaches.

How well Snead drafts and the quality of the new coaches will be on full display this coming season. I like the hiring of Shula and Streicher and the retention of Pleasant. I'm not overly familiar with the others so they are TBD but trust McVay's judgement.

Wendell did an excellent job with the OL last year. I'm anxious to see the results of that unit this year. Contrary to what PFF says about the OL who declared the Ram OL as one of the worst last December. That said most evaluators know what they are looking at and see this unit on the rise.

It remains to be seen what they will do on the OL's right side but I have confidence in Wendell's ability as a coach.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
One concern I have with the OL is how much of that was Munchak coming in late in the week and giving them tendencies and analysis or whatever. Wendell certainly deserves cred but I find myself hoping that McVay brings Munchak in with some sort of OL or quality control role.

Basically why change what worked so well last season.

WestCoastRam

Legend
One concern I have with the OL is how much of that was Munchak coming in late in the week and giving them tendencies and analysis or whatever. Wendell certainly deserves cred but I find myself hoping that McVay brings Munchak in with some sort of OL or quality control role.

Basically why change what worked so well last season.
Yup. Munchack was in charge of third down protections every week (him and Kromer) so, uhhh, he was pretty important.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Yup. Munchack was in charge of third down protections every week (him and Kromer) so, uhhh, he was pretty important.
Munchak was also given credit for the Rams screen game being so successful.

I’d definitely try to add him. But he expressed an interest in being the offensive line coach for the Titans at the end of the season. I don’t know if anything became of that however.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Munchak ...

... he expressed an interest in being the offensive line coach for the Titans at the end of the season. I don’t know if anything became of that however.

Well, Munchak is certainly not going to be the O-Line coach in Tennessee this season. That's for sure.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Zak Kromer is the longest tenure Rams coach w/ Yarber & Shula working with Munchak. He does Wednesday’s teaching with him.
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China or what you quoted but yeah thanks for that :)

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not sure what that has to do with the price of tea in China or what you quoted but yeah thanks for that :)
Yeah Bill Callahan is great? Aaron Kromer was an excellent O’Line coach for The Rams.

Zak Kromer has been a big part of the O’ Line.

oldnotdead

Legend
BTW Jerry Schuplinsky could be a very interesting addition. He's primarily a QB coach, highly regarded one at that. Just in case they are able to draft their future franchise QB this year? I think that is why they signed him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
His name keeps song bombing me. "Haaaang on Schuppy, Schuppy hang on" doo doo, doo doo, doo doo dooo dooo.