Rams Claim Cody Schrader, RB, Missouri

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
The thing about Schrader is that he's a fantastic receiver and blocker. Really did everything for Mizzou last year and was the engine.

I still am pining for Luther Burden III, but he's going top five.
I’m pulling for him. KR? ST?
He’s a long shot but then there’s this: Schrader runs for 128 yards and a TD as No. 9 Missouri beats No. 7 Ohio State 14-3 in Cotton Bowl.
Even if he had 25+ carries to get there.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
If Schrader can stick long enough to get comfortable in the offense to where he can play fast, I believe that he will surprise a lot of people.

Merlin

Damn the torpedoes
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Didn't he have a couple good returns in preseason. If he can help there he is worth that roster spot.

Rams need to be on the good side of the returns ledger this year.

BC Ramfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
BC Ramfan
If Schrader can stick long enough to get comfortable in the offense to where he can play fast, I believe that he will surprise a lot of people.
I saw him a bit in a 49ers preseason game. He ran like a battering ram.
I did not like the idea of him inside Shanahan's run game.
Perhaps this is further foreshadowing of McVay's plan of the 2024 Rams: Power Run Game.
Coupled with Staffordian surgery, could be interesting. Shades of the Al Davis Raiders of yore . .
McVay at the leading edge of another NFL cycle?

BC

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
According to those reports he has good hands. That said, it’s not an easy job and takes practice. I am still surprised Smith didn’t make the 53
Watch his highlights...he was catching 30 years passes down field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think may be one of those moves where they kick the tires and he is cut later and put on the PS as a long term developmental player.
Thomas played too well in the preseason to not land somewhere.
Bummed he is leaving after the Rams developed him, but, he deserves to be on a 53.
You don’t like Bruss & Limmer ?
Did you see Zach Thomas at LT ?
I get your point though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
He was not good at all looked slow and just bad as an RB in preseason. Not excited at all.
Rachel Dratch Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live