Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 5/5/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
He sounds so bitter and I chuckled reading what he had to say about the draft. Seems even more bitter the Rams drafted Gurley. Maybe they forgot to tell him.

Best thing is the Scherff comment that he liked him because of his highlight tape. Why would anyone care about your draft grade when your "analysis" comes from rankings done by other media members and highlight tapes?

You nailed it, jrry32.

I felt EXACTLY the same way upon reading that JT comment.

The man is soooo out of touch...

Sad to see, really.

Alan

Legend
So my wife interrupted my nap because she wanted to remind me to call me son tomorrow to invite him to my daughter's Bat Mitzva in June. Apparently telling me after my nap was insufficient. :rolleyes: I'm still mad as hell and thinking about moving to Australia.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHE9qPqKl2A

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Alan continuing to crack me up today. :snicker:

So my wife interrupted my nap because she wanted me to remind me to call me son tomorrow to invte him to my daughter's Bat Mitzva in June. Apparently telling me after my nap was insufficient. :rolleyes: I'm still mad as hell and thinking about moving to Australia.

Maybe JT should do his own 'Mad As Hell' video. Btw I took a nap once and didn't like it. Go back to sleep. Nothing to see here. :sleep:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I believe most fans who frequent Rams message boards could do a better job answering those questions than JT. The advantage of having a reporter do a chat is they usually have some inside information or feel for the team, but in JT's case that is missing. I honestly don't know why I still read them, it's a complete waste of time.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I wanted them to go OL in the 1st round as well. I agree that Gurley was a luxury pick. Doesn't mean I don't think he can help the team. But if anyone would ask me a straight question like that it's how I would have answered.

That wasn't my point bro. You can have your opinions all the live long day. I'm just tired of the same labeling of draft picks and the eventual 2nd guessing. They can't do anything without being questioned, even if they do what the media screams for. Which is dumb.

Instead, why can't the focus be on how the Rams pick can help, or at least give us some back stories on them? What are their strengths and weaknesses, their playing style, their college careers, etc?

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So my wife interrupted my nap because she wanted to remind me to call me son tomorrow to invite him to my daughter's Bat Mitzva in June. Apparently telling me after my nap was insufficient. :rolleyes: I'm still mad as hell and thinking about moving to Australia.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHE9qPqKl2A

ahhh, great show. even better when you know what they're talking baout.

Alan

Legend
kurtfaulk telling it like it is:
ahhh, great show. even better when you know what they're talking baout.
I just watched another one and I'm thinking about doing some binge watching of other episodes later on tonight when I'm in a better condition (wink wink nod nod) and not Mad As Hell!

Last edited:

Alan

Legend
Angry Ram forgetting about the five stages of grief:
That wasn't my point bro. You can have your opinions all the live long day. I'm just tired of the same labeling of draft picks and the eventual 2nd guessing. They can't do anything without being questioned, even if they do what the media screams for. Which is dumb.

Instead, why can't the focus be on how the Rams pick can help, or at least give us some back stories on them? What are their strengths and weaknesses, their playing style, their college careers, etc?
1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Depression
4) Bitching
5) Acceptance
I think it's pretty darn good that we're already at stage 4. (y)

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4

1. The editorial staff decides what goes into the PDs coverage when you're a beat writer. Bernie can decide somewhat, but he covers three major sports with the occasional local or other minor sport thrown in.

2. I mean this in a nice way. No one really cares about these athletes back story. Sure a feel good story is nice sometimes, but that background stuff is July and August fodder.

3. We haven't played a game with playoff implications for ourselves in 10 years. This is kid glove treatment. If they succeed in moving to LA and have a historic streak of futility, the media will savage them like a lion on a wounded antelope. Point is, some second guessing is to be expected. Particularly after drafting an injury prone QB, spending years watching him get injured, and then drafting a RB with injury history with the same knee problem already before he takes a snap. I'm not saying he's a bad pick, but expecting no second guessing is extremely unrealistic.

4. How many decades of light treatment does a team get before they're expected to produce a winning season? I think that's a fair question, and I think if Jeff Fisher were to answer honestly he'd agree it's a fair question.

ram007

Starter
Not that anyone cares or noticed, I haven't posted in a while but frequent this forum to get my Rams fill. Of late I have noticed resentment in JT's chats which can come across as a little personal/depressive and responses for JT's talk from fellow posters on this site. Despite this I am going to side with JT. Here is why:

Post Dispatch is the only media outlet where line of questioning appears to make Fisher and Snead uncomfortable and naturally a divide between this Rams staff and JT/PD appears to have developed. Outside of PD, there is no neutral line of reporters covering Rams.

It is clear, Fisher wants to puts out his agenda by inviting Mike Silvers and Peter Kings (2013 draft) inside draft room and providing them information to portray him as doing a heck of a job and on cusp of unbeatable from this year onwards and well into the future (i hope this really happens). So essentially Fisher has NFL in left pocket and SI in right pocket. And PD decided (it appears) is going to report like it sees it not cater to Fisher's requirements. So here we are..

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Maybe I should have said he could sit out "and re-enter the draft in 2016", by going un-drafted he can't. The only thing you'd do by drafting him in the 7th is to waste your 7th round draft pick and prevent any other team from signing him. Maybe preventing all other teams from getting him this year is worth that 7th round pick to you.

That's the key point a lot of folks miss. Collins' people didn't say he'd sign with anyone until after the draft and he didn't really have a choice, but on day 3, he was clear... draft me and I'm gonna be training for the 2016 draft.

iced

That's the key point a lot of folks miss. Collins' people didn't say he'd sign with anyone until after the draft and he didn't really have a choice, but on day 3, he was clear... draft me and I'm gonna be training for the 2016 draft.

this is the sticking point i think some people are failing to realize.

You draft him day 3? he gets what he wants and re-enters next years draft. teams only hold the rights for a year
goes UDFA? vet minimum 1 year, 2 years RFA - gets that contract quicker

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems like the Jags got Wiz CHEAP considering the slim options at C. Did the Rams make a legitimate pursuit or was that just a smokescreen for draft plans?

There's more to the Wiz situation than meets the eye. That's all I can say to make it look like I know something that I don't.

Fixed it for him. What a bitter little man he's become. Not digging it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
So, mods (or anyone who knows)... I need some help...

How do you put a thread on ignore?

Not that I agree or disagree with many of the comments here... but it's really getting old every week to hear the same 'ol, same 'ol...

Can I ignore these JT threads? If so, how?

Much appreciated!!
When you see the term JT - just put your finger horizontally over the thread title. Well that was easy.

Alan

Legend
ram007 just now making it to his computer:
Not that anyone cares or noticed, I haven't posted in a while but frequent this forum to get my Rams fill.
That, my friend, is totally untrue. Just last week we sent Natalia, one of RODs crack enforcers, to your house to use any means necessary to convince you to start posting more often. You didn't get distracted somehow and lose sight of her message did you? :cautious: :eek:
Natalia
images

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
1. The editorial staff decides what goes into the PDs coverage when you're a beat writer. Bernie can decide somewhat, but he covers three major sports with the occasional local or other minor sport thrown in.

2. I mean this in a nice way. No one really cares about these athletes back story. Sure a feel good story is nice sometimes, but that background stuff is July and August fodder.

3. We haven't played a game with playoff implications for ourselves in 10 years. This is kid glove treatment. If they succeed in moving to LA and have a historic streak of futility, the media will savage them like a lion on a wounded antelope. Point is, some second guessing is to be expected. Particularly after drafting an injury prone QB, spending years watching him get injured, and then drafting a RB with injury history with the same knee problem already before he takes a snap. I'm not saying he's a bad pick, but expecting no second guessing is extremely unrealistic.

4. How many decades of light treatment does a team get before they're expected to produce a winning season? I think that's a fair question, and I think if Jeff Fisher were to answer honestly he'd agree it's a fair question.

Again, not my point. Just b/c they took someone you or a writer disagreed with, doesn't mean it's a pick that should automatically be questioned.

1) Denial
2) Anger
3) Depression
4) Bitching
5) Acceptance
I think it's pretty darn good that we're already at stage 4. (y)

Nah, I think stage 2 suits me better.