Rams chat with Jim Thomas: 3/3/15

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Every player is different and has a different scenario. If you can't stay on the field and do your job then expect to get paid less. That's the nature of the beast.

How many NFL players get paid every penny of their contract? I'm guessing there are very few. This is why they're always trying to renegotiate long before their contract is finished.

Look, I want Bradford to take a cut in pay, not to punish him for being injured, but to free up money so we can sign some good players.

Sam already renegotiated a couple of years back to leave the last 2 years of his contract with no guaranteed money. This gave the rams the flexibility to cut him if it didn't work out. And believe me if they had a viable option he would already be out the door. Alas they don't and will have to pay the price.

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
It's not like Stan-the-man will miss any meals or private jet rides if Sam stays at his current salary. Everyone says Sam should sacrifice for the good of the team, but really isn't it for the good of our Billionare owner?
This has nothing to do with Stan and his billions. Football has something known as a salary cap. I'm all for the general principle of "sticking it to the man". In this case though it's not sticking it to the man but sticking it to the team. Stan is going to spend the same money either way.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Nah, I doubt that a multi-billionaire is interested in screwing a player out of a few million. Then again, with the anti-Kroenke feeling in the Rams fanbase lately, there might be many who disagree with that.
I'm cool with Stan's persona. He's got his own way of doing biz. It's not my style, but I'm not going to rail against him for it.