Rams center Scott Wells playing through pain ... but why?/Wagoner

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I've had a growing suspicion for a while now that the answer is #2. Otherwise, it doesn't make sense to keep playing him and Joseph.

There's also an option #3 though... Wells IS worse than Barnes or Jones and Fisher DOESN'T know it. Thankfully, that seems less likely. It just logically exists.

#3 would require the OL coach to be the problem then since he'd be telling Fisher something that isn't true.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
It has to be because Wells is able to make the lines calls better than the backups because his blocking is an embarrassment and his fucked up snaps have cost us multiple games this season.

Hey Scott,,, I'm playing through pain while I've watched you all year.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
My GF asked me during the game after a high snap " Don't they have anyone better?"
Me: Guess not.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I think it must have something to do with Wells' contract. Wells restructured to help the Rams cap situation back in June and I think some of that money is tied into him being on the active roster for every game. Seems odd if it has anything to do with him starting or playing the entire game over B.Jones, but I think Fisher is definitely the type of coach that would believe in getting a vet all the last dollars he was promised. Maybe Fisher figures if he's gotta be active, might as well let him play. Dunno, I'm reaching here..!

I wanted the Rams to just cut him in June (if not two years ago), but oh well. Fisher is definitely a coach that gets rid of veterans too late rather than too early. Maybe it earns him more loyalty from the guys in the locker room putting their health and paychecks on the line for him.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm taking #1. I've seen Barnes and Jones play. Both of them can snap the football. If Wells were playing well besides the snapping, that would be one thing. But he's been an ineffective blocker and snapper. Jones and Barnes both can do better. I don't know what Fisher is thinking.

I've been an advocate for Wells, but I concur. Can Barnes or Jones be any worse? Please let us Coach Fisher, let us see!

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Baffling....seriously....WHY NOT PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS, AND SEE? DIDN'T BARNES PLAY LAST YEAR IN SEATTLE? LETS SEE JONES...PERSON....ANYBODY BUT THOSE TWO CHARACTERS...AND I'M TALKING ABOUT JOSEPH & WELLS....THE SAME ELBOW IS HURT THAT HE USES TO SNAP?!? AND WE'RE WONDERING WHATS GOING ON?!? PLEASE.....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Baffling....seriously....WHY NOT PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS, AND SEE? DIDN'T BARNES PLAY LAST YEAR IN SEATTLE? LETS SEE JONES...PERSON....ANYBODY BUT THOSE TWO CHARACTERS...AND I'M TALKING ABOUT JOSEPH & WELLS....THE SAME ELBOW IS HURT THAT HE USES TO SNAP?!? AND WE'RE WONDERING WHATS GOING ON?!? PLEASE.....

Agreed. Get Joseph and Wells off the field.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg

Bingo. Fisher has always been loyal albeit a player, a coach, etc. I really think he needs to take a very hard look at player/coach loyalty, during the offseason, to determine what kind of changes need to be made. Some of these guys may have great personalities, and be of good character, but in the end are they helping this team win games. It's all about wins and Fisher better start putting more in the left column vs. the right or his a$$ is going to really heat up next year. Wells, Joseph need to go and we need to get some help at RT because we are weak there too. G-Rob will be a stud, Saffold needs to get his should fixed too.

By the way, anyone watch the Memphis-BYU game today. I was impressed with Paxton Lynch, QB for Memphis. 6'7" and a cannon of an arm. He can also run too. Only a Soph. though, but I would take him.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I already said that the other day, and it was resoundingly rejected. Seems it doesn't matter if he does, because he doesn't do that right either.
I'm in agreement with you X that Wells has to be better at the line calls. I can't be positive but it makes the most logical sense as to why he is still in the game.

Athos

Legend
Both make me extremely critical of the Snisher regime then.

Well's play wasn't the greatest even in his first year and has steadily and dramatically decreased each passing year. Not getting a quality backup is an indictment. Sticking with Wells for w/e reason if Jones/Barnes are better is an indictment. Barnes/Jones being worse is an indictment because if they are worse, they shouldn't even be on the team, they should be on the PS.

This sticks and it pisses me off. If they really cared about Bradford/Sam being the reason for coming here, they'd have been far more intelligent about addressing the offensive line first. Long was a mistake. A let-go pro-bowl C was a mistake.

Build thru the fucking draft for fucks sake.