Rams averaging 10.1 points per game.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bluecoconuts said:
I don't care if we fail to score a point the rest of the season.

It'll just make our Super Bowl run next year all the more impressive.
True. Now let's see what we have in Brandstater. It's his 5th team now.

Someone's gotta give him a shot. :idk:

joeybittick

Rookie
squeaky wheel said:
No I'm not upset since I picked them to lose 30-3. They were not cheated by the refs today either. Doesn't look like any serious injuries either. So why given the above would anyone truly be upset? at this point in the season I'm no longer upset....I'm reticent.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
One of the most poorly built teams I've seen .....

Very disheartening
Eh. You'll get over it I'm sure.

bluecoconuts

Legend
X said:
bluecoconuts said:
I don't care if we fail to score a point the rest of the season.

It'll just make our Super Bowl run next year all the more impressive.
True. Now let's see what we have in Brandstater. It's his 5th team now.

Someone's gotta give him a shot. :idk:

Why not, the season is a wash might as well have fun with it. The goal of every team is to win a Super Bowl. By the end of February 5th there will be 31 other teams sitting in the same spot as we are. Next year when we have a full offseason and a healthy roster we'll open it up and take every team by surprise and laugh as we secure a playoff spot.

joeybittick

Rookie
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:
I just don't understand the point of these type of threads.

To shine a light on an impending epic stat. Still in the running for single digit production too.
To prove what point?

So it might FINALLY sink in to the Spagsvaney supporters that they need to receive their pink slips ASAP.

I don't care what mess you inherited, if your team is producing 1 more point per game than the '76 Bucs' 8.9-point output after THREE years, you're not cut out to coach/manage a professional football team. Discussion over.

The bolded part violates the ROD rules. I understand being frustrated, but this is not the PD Rams Talk, we will not be breaking up into factions.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To shine a light on an impending epic stat. Still in the running for single digit production too.
To prove what point?

So it might FINALLY sink in to the Spagsvaney supporters that they need to receive their pink slips ASAP.

I don't care what mess you inherited, if your team is producing 1 more point per game than the '76 Bucs' 8.9-point output after THREE years, you're not cut out to coach/manage a professional football team. Discussion over.
Nothing is over until WE decide it is!

6a00d8341c506253ef01156fbcd3b7970c-250wi

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

Everyone already knows what a mess it is, what the hell can anyone (fans) do about it, supporters or not? Bitching about it doesn't help the problem. Bitching at each other doesn't help the problem, it only causes dissent among fans. What good does that do anybody? Write a letter to Kroenke is you want change so bad, start a petition, go on strike.

joeybittick

Rookie
Horns of Gold said:
I hope you're kidding about the rules violation. Why pretend a situation (Devaney/Spags supporters vs. the firing squad) doesn't exist when we all know it does? A question was asked...I answered it.

Not kidding. We have this rule in place to avoid the sorta stuff that goes on at the PD (i.e. "Suh Supporters vs. Bradford Backers" or "Koolaid guzzlers vs. Realists").

The issue is not with you "answering the question", the problem is with the inflammatory way (towards other posters) in which you went about answering it.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

The bolded part violates the ROD rules. I understand being frustrated, but this is not the PD Rams Talk, we will not be breaking up into factions.

So how is that any different from:

"Sam will make some (alleged) Ram's fans eat their words." ?

One was posted in the aftermath of a debacle....the other is in a sig after every post.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
Sometimes fans, which Is short for fanatics, lose sight of reality. It was Linehan supporters at one time too. Sometimes we need to realize that helping the Rams may include cutting our losses with coaches staff and players that's underachieving
Yeah, and it was Vermeil bashers too. So there's no losing sight of reality. There's only speculation and opinion. At this point, it doesn't matter. The fate of the coaches and GM lies with the owner. Let him make that call, and we'll all deal with the decision.

Until then....

Everybody wang chung tonight.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
RealRamsFan said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

At the end of the day, everyone who watch this team play over the last three years knows that this production and team building is unacceptable.

Sometimes fans, which Is short for fanatics, lose sight of reality. It was Linehan supporters at one time too. Sometimes we need to realize that helping the Rams may include cutting our losses with coaches staff and players that's underachieving
Some of you act like we have control over what the team does. We don't. We do have control over how we think, or feel. It may or may not coincide with how you think or feel, but I don't tell you that you have lost sight of reality. You have no idea what my reality or insight is.

joeybittick

Rookie
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

One was posted in the aftermath of a debacle....the other is in a sig after every post.

Well, as far as I know, that sig is not directed at any specific poster. It is a statement about how that poster believes that Sam Bradford will prove doubters wrong. Shouldn't we all feel that way? Or at least hope that way?

The connotation of that post was that "SPagsvaney supporters" are fans who need someone to lead them by the hand to an "obvious conclusion" because they cannot see what is "real" because they are too busy slurping a GM/HC. That is stupid and does not belong here.

Just because someone else believes that Spags and Devaney deserve another year does not make them any less smart then you. They do not need to be enlightened. Just like if my favorite color is red and yours is blue... I do not need you proving to me that blue is better.

It is not a matter of being uninformed, it is a matter of each person viewing a set of data and both drawing different conclusions from it. It is not for you (or anyone) to decide which conclusion is best for anyone but yourself.

Anonymous

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
joeybittick said:
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

Well, as far as I know, that sig is not directed at any specific poster. It is a statement about how that poster believes that Sam Bradford will prove doubters wrong. Shouldn't we all feel that way? Or at least hope that way?

The connotation of that post was that "SPagsvaney supporters" are fans who need someone to lead them by the hand to an "obvious conclusion" because they cannot see what is "real" because they are too busy slurping a GM/HC. That is stupid and does not belong here.

Just because someone else believes that Spags and Devaney deserve another year does not make them any less smart then you. They do not need to be enlightened. Just like if my favorite color is red and yours is blue... I do not need you proving to me that blue is better.

It is not a matter of being uninformed, it is a matter of each person viewing a set of data and both drawing different conclusions from it. It is not for you (or anyone) to decide which conclusion is best for anyone but yourself.

Nice tap dance but no sale.

bluecoconuts

Legend
squeaky wheel said:

Because one alludes to Bradford doing well and overcoming all the fans trying to throw him under the bus.

The other is trying to throw other people under the bus.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
joeybittick said:
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:
DR RAM said:

To prove what point?

That's exactly what it meant Joey, not brain surgery, but some people will never get it, so I just deleted it.

joeybittick

Rookie
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
[quote="DR

Honestly, I do not have to tap dance around anything. You seem to think that just because we have allowed you to step over the line of what we deem acceptable means that you somehow above being shown the door (so to speak). You are not owed any explanation, I do it as a courtesy to you. If you would prefer, I could just issue a ban and quit playing your bullshit games.

You keep trying to push people's buttons and they are going to push back. You should be thankful that X has stuck up for you and ignored the calls for you to be banned.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:
Yeah, and it was Vermeil bashers too. So there's no losing sight of reality. There's only speculation and opinion. At this point, it doesn't matter. The fate of the coaches and GM lies with the owner. Let him make that call, and we'll all deal with the decision.

Until then....

To compare Vermeil regime first 44 games to this regime first 44 games is a little weird .........

Of course the owner is the only one with power to do the deed.....but fans, writers, and reporters have the right to discuss and debate the possibility of the ,much needed, termination
Well, good thing I didn't compare them then. Herp. :boing:

I said, there were bashers of Vermeil. It happens with nearly every coach in the league at some point. That was the point. Had the "fans, writers, and reporters" had their way, then that would have been a mistake. I hope that clears it up.

And of course people have the right to offer their opinions. Go right ahead. Is it new?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:
X said:
RealRamsFan said:

Until then....

To compare Vermeil regime first 44 games to this regime first 44 games is a little weird .........

Of course the owner is the only one with power to do the deed.....but fans, writers, and reporters have the right to discuss and debate the possibility of the ,much needed, termination
Well, good thing I didn't compare them then. Herp. :boing:

I said, there were bashers of Vermeil. It happens with nearly every coach in the league at some point. That was the point. Had the "fans, writers, and reporters" had their way, then that would have been a mistake. I hope that clears it up.

And of course people have the right to offer their opinions. Go right ahead. Is it new?

OK, to mention Vermeil regime, 44 games in, in the same light as Spags regime, 44 games in, is weird ......
lol. I'm not sure where the disconnect is, so I'm going to say it one last time in the hopes that you dig where I'm coming from.

I said. Fans wanted Vermeil gone too. IF the owners gave in to what fans, reporters and writers were calling for, then it would have turned out bad. That doesn't in any way compare the two coaches. It only compares the fan reaction to bad records. That's all. No more than that. It doesn't mean that fans are making a mistake calling for Spagnuolo's head right now. It's to be expected. Capiche?

joeybittick

Rookie
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
squeaky wheel said:
joeybittick said:
Horns of Gold said:
DR RAM said:
squeaky wheel said:

I apologize for getting snippy in my reply. Let me try to put it this way.

I personally believe Spags and Devaney deserve one more season, so what if I were to say:

"What all of the anti-Spagsvaney people fail to understand is blah blah..." See the issue there? It is condescending and it also promotes discord among the board. If you want to argue the merits of Spags getting another season, that is fine, but lets not let things devolve into an "us vs. them" situation.