Rams at Raiders

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamWoodie

Legend
I think too many folks in here have "doomsday thinking". Stop and think...the Rams are in the game. All it takes is some adjustments. The Raiders have yet to see this team play their best.

The main thing on offense is to run Gurley more...let the Raiders feel that Ram OLine for a while...then hit em with the play action.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
O looks basically fine to me, same as always, maybe a tad rusty.

ST is fine.

D is worrisome.

I think our coaches didn't have much to go on with the Oakland offense.

Interesting to see the adjustments.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Is it just me or does McVay struggle a little bit against coaches from his coaching tree?

Mick

Pro Bowler
I can see why some Rodders stay away from this game thread...reading some of these comments is laughable.

TexasRam

Legend
Rams defense needs to man up an tackle.

Lots of third downs were stopped if we man up and bring the guy down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Halftime Adjustments coming up! They did well with them last season!

Let's see what Wade has up his sleeve. He was feeling out Gruden in the first half. We were a good 3rd quarter team last year. Let's see if we still have that magic.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
That was a depressing first half. Is the rust off? Do we have an answer to Cook? Can we stop the run?

I'm not that impressed with the multiple jet sweeps..How about featuring Todd Motherfreakin Gurley? How about that?
I don't mind the sweeps, I mean, they've been working. I'd imagine trying to soften up the middle of the D. Either way though, definitely need to focus on asserting that run game.

Kentuckyrams

Pro Bowler
Yeah, not exactly an offensive juggernaut so far. I understand protecting your players in the preseason, but I think you risk losing a game or two early that way. I also think if McVay has a weakness it's getting away from the run too soon, especially if we get down a score. Gurley's too good to be so one dimensional.

On D, get used to this strategy - going to be a lot of quick passes, TE looks, RB out of the backfield, to exploit our LBs. Hopefully they'll get more in sync as season goes along. Definitely the way to attack us, at least so far.

Hawaii Ram

Rookie
Carr is 20-24. Granted they are all quick passes but we really need to play press more often. There’s no chance for the d-line to get any pressure. Maybe blitz more too. Getting nickel and dimed is pretty frustrating

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gruden is baiting Sean into throwing, and even if we score, our defense doesn’t get enough rest. Atlanta playoff game anyone? You think Gruden looked at any of that film? Of course our defense is gassed, they’ve been on the field for most of the first half.

We have been fairly poor but only three back and about to get the ball. No time to panic. O will be fine.

D just appears to be sloppy. So many times just not set quick enough leaving space for all this underneath stuff.

Still confident.

Feed Gurley!

RamWoodie

Legend
Is it just me or does McVay struggle a little bit against coaches from his coaching tree?
He's not struggling....he's not using Gurley enough. He's right to go after the Raider secondary...but he needs to set them up with a balanced attack.

The main fault of the defense is tackling high...go low and take the legs out.