PREGAME Rams at Packers NFC Divisional round matchup

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
NFC QB's remaining in the fold...

Rodgers
Brady
Brees/Taysom Hill
Goff/Wolford

Career playoff Win/Loss record

Rodgers 10-8
Brady 31-11
Brees 8-8
Goff 3-2

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
Hope we can keep them recievers covered tight when rogers starts bombing passes.That dude has a big arm but if we can break through that line quick enough old rogers is gonna be eating grass all day

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
This worked last time

giphy.gif

Zodi

Hall of Fame
1 vs 6 eh?

YOLO give em everything you got!!!

Exactly how I feel! I didn't think we'd make it this far, much less dominate the Seahawks. I wouldn't know what to do if this team beat the Packers on Saturday.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The one (big) thing the Pack have going for them that you didn't account for in your post is the scheme. Its basically the most talented qb to ever play playing in the McVay/Shanahan outside zone/play action scheme. Man, just look at the Aaron Rodgers highlights from this year. 48 TD's and only 5 ints.

They are, however, without the services of LT David Backtieri.

This game will test the eye discipline of our defense. If they play disciplined football then we have a legitimate chance to win.

The good news is that McVay and Staley know this scheme very well.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I pick Sean Peyton and nawlins fans over beating Brady again. Its always nice to make butthole face and the aints go home.

I'd rather play NO too. Both games will be tough, but NO doesn't have as many weapons.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Green bay is going to so sell out on stopping the run. We will need defense and throws to be made. Mcvay needs to make the right call and dress Bortles as well. But if the rams could beat Rodgers that would be special. The defense can shutdown almost anyone but what makes Rodgers special is he can take any scrubs and tear you apart. So our coverage and pressure will have to be spot on.

Little ace in the hole for me would be if Henderson would come back. Anybody know what his status is?

Last edited:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
To those of you that remember watching our playoff run of the 1989 season.
Something about this season's playoffs feels similar to me. I just get the feeling.

(1989 we were a wild card team, playing ALL playoff games on the road, and toughing it out until 2nd half of championship game)

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Packers defense ranked out better than I thought. Preliminary thought is that were sort of playing with house money but unless Goff's thumb is somehow 100% by Saturday doesn't seem possible

JRobinson

MiLB
I actually prefer this matchup to TB. Why? First, GB has a problem stopping the run which plays into our QB situation nicely. If our offensive line can play physical at the point of attack, I feel like we will move the ball and eat up clock. There’s not much you can say about this defense being the best in the league. However, make no mistake, Rodgers is as lethal as anyone behind center. He can beat you in various ways, but I expect GB to try and run the ball.

At any rate, this is the matchup I wanted.

…..

Legend
Reduce the Rogers impact by executing time of possesion, ball control offense. I Expect the Rams to practice practice practice the run game all week.

TexasRam

Legend
If Donald is healthy we can shut down Green Bay and shock the world.

The Packers have an incredible QB and Oline but they haven't faced a defense like ours which makes it interesting.

If our offense plays a sharp game we can definitely win.

Punch them in the mouth early and force turnovers. Ride Akers to the win.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
So with 6 days to go, its going to be see your breath cold weather in Green Bay Wisconsin.

(projected) Sat January 16 | Day

25° High around 25F. Winds WNW at 5 to 10 mph.

Can the Rams win in this type of cold weather with their ailing injuries, bumps and bruises to key players?

According to the lips of Morgan Freeman.....

"We Can"!
FixedPolishedBird-max-1mb.gif

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT
I am glad we get GB now and not later...our Defense on a good day can absolutely shut anyone in the league down and it sometimes is detrimental for teams that were on a roll like GB to have such a long break. We have some momentum after a big win in Seattle.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
The one (big) thing the Pack have going for them that you didn't account for in your post is the scheme. Its basically the most talented qb to ever play playing in the McVay/Shanahan outside zone/play action scheme. Man, just look at the Aaron Rodgers highlights from this year. 48 TD's and only 5 ints.

They are, however, without the services of LT David Backtieri.

This game will test the eye discipline of our defense. If they play disciplined football then we have a legitimate chance to win.

Missing your 105.5 million dollar starting left tackle is not really a good thing if you are Aaron Rodgers:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...cess-lt-david-bakhtiari-knee-confirmed-season

This is especially the case if you're about to play against Aaron Donald and the best defense in the NFL in the playoffs.

However, Green Bay fans can take solace in realizing that the Packers still have great depth at the inactive quarterback position:

Rams fans may also appreciate that Green Bay did not instead waste its first round pick on another offensive player, for instance Chase Claypool or Jonathan Taylor. When you have Aaron Rodgers, why bother to give him any weapons?

Great job drafting Green Bay!!!