GAME DAY Rams at Lions - Wild Card Sunday - GDT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Boy, were the Cowboys overrated or what? Caught the Rams early when we were struggling. Seahawks and Eagles were reeling at the time. Especially the Eagles. They shoulda lost to the Lions. The rest of the Cowboy wins were against weak teams.

The way the Packers and Jordan Love are playing, the 49ers are in for a tough game next week. This makes our game even more enticing. If we win we avoid the 49ers next round. And play someone we can beat.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Inactives

LOS ANGELES RAMS
DB Jordan Fuller
So ... wonder who starts... Yeast? Or Lake? Lake could play safety in base defense and then move to star in nickel with Yeast playing safety in nickel.

Or, probably more likely, Yeast just playing safety in all situations and Lake just playing star --- i.e. not changing his role. But that means Lake playing all snaps ... and do they trust him to do that?

Or Lake could play safety all day and Durant plays star and Yeast remains the money backer ... like he has been since he got benched.

A few ways it could go.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Its Happening The Office GIF by NBC

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
So ... wonder who starts... Yeast? Or Lake? Lake could play safety in base defense and then move to star in nickel with Yeast playing safety in nickel.

Or, probably more likely, Yeast just playing safety in all situations and Lake just playing star --- i.e. not changing his role. But that means Lake playing all snaps ... and do they trust him to do that?

Or Lake could play safety all day and Durant plays star and Yeast remains the money backer ... like he has been since he got benched.

A few ways it could go.
no idea. Can’t wait to find out.

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Lions fans booing Stafford, WOW, ok stay classy Detroit

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
With all the storylines in this game the most overlooked is Aubrey Pleasant. He was fired by DC Glenn as a scapegoat for his failed defense. So you know this game can be sweet revenge as he will know Glenn's tendencies over and above just watching film. You got to know it would feel real good if the Ram defense can play lights out. Glenn claimed the marginal play of the secondary was all on Aubrey. Yet their secondary has improved because of better players, but is still the biggest weakness of the Lions.

Glenn IMO has never been an aggressive or creative DC. So it begs the question is it the player talent or once again a matter of how that talent is used? It will be interesting if Glenn pulls out the stops for this game. But then again I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't. One of the Lion's DBs a rookie I believe is actually pretty good.

If the Lions lose and if the defense remains suspect then I would expect Campbell to cut Glenn loose. Maybe they would want to trade for Morris. Who knows maybe the Rams could get a 5th or 6th round pick for Raheem. Hell the Rams could throw in DK as a bonus.
Yeah I would have fired Glenn instead of Pleasant. Nice guy and all judging from their Hard Knocks episodes, but not a fan of Glenn.

Would be nice to see our offense run that score up on his shitty defense tonight too. I want to put those fuckers down hard tonight.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
no idea. Can’t wait to find out.
me either. If I were to guess it will be Yeast in Fuller's position. Lake remains in his regular role ... but then we have dime (Yeast as money backer) so if they run that then Taylor, I guess would play safety.

Also, Yeast can play either safety and so can Johnson. Both have shared the RS this year ... which one is most comfortable going to LS.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Run defense has to be on point tonight. Safeties and CB's have to tackle well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yeah if Goff has a run game I have to think it's gonna be tough for us to win. Gotta do put it all on him, make him drive the field, and sit back in zone and pick his ass when he rushes throws.

Hoping for big games by Durant & Yeast. Those two younguns showing out would be real nice.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yeah if Goff has a run game I have to think it's gonna be tough for us to win. Gotta do put it all on him, make him drive the field, and sit back in zone and pick his ass when he rushes throws.
Yep. Their run game scares me. I'm hoping Ben the OC feels some pressure to try to light us up downfield with the chunk stuff.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
I posted some graphics earlier in the week in this thread...

When Lions go 12 personnel Rams will play 34 (Reader in game)
When Lions go 11 Rams will play either 5-1-5 or 4-2-5

Rams will want to limit passing but run their scheme ... and try and make Lions run the ball. Running the ball is less efficient (moe plays per point) so in the nickel --- Rams have to do what you say, stop the run as much as possible with 6-man box ... which is not easy to do.

Rams will try and make Lions earn the points ...

And Lions will match Rams 11 with 2 different looks ... 4-2-5 and a 3-3-5 with that Pro Bowl special teamer playing linebacker. I see that on third downs.

Personnel is a little different than when Lions played Ravens ... current group has a guy who just played last week for first time in a long while.

Rams won't move ball at will vs Lions D ... Rams will have to take what they give because they are going to try to limit explosives by playing back.