Rams at Dolphins vent thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellard80

Legend
Really? That's the only time we got away from it? Not on the 2nd and 2 where Goff threw the interception? Not when we were in the red zone early in the second quarter? I'm going to go ahead and end this back and forth with you as we clearly saw two different football games. Take care.

Yes yes we must always run on 2nd and 2... what am i thinking.

You should go hang out with Jeff Fisher

TXRams86

The Infamous
Yes yes we must always run on 2nd and 2... what am i thinking.

You should go hang out with Jeff Fisher
Why you're taking my opinion so personal is beyond me. Maybe you should spend some time building up your self esteem if you feel the need to attack a poster who has a differing opinion.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
But he didnt fucking abandon the run.... not until 6 min left in the game.

We ran the ball nearly 20 times in the first half... there was one time when he burned his time out that i thought we should have ran it... besides that it was a non factor really... we were running down by 3 scores in the 2nd half.

But that would never pacify the run to pass ratio football police that inhabit every football forum.
It's not about ratios it's about timing. He abandons the run when its obviously working then we punt. Prime example is the 49er game when goff threw the pick in the redzone. Rand the ball all the way to the redzone then mcvay abandoned it for no reason. That's what I'm saying.

Ellard80

Legend
Why you're taking my opinion so personal is beyond me. Maybe you should spend some time building up your self esteem if you feel the need to attack a poster who has a differing opinion.

Because I have to see the same dumb shit posted after every loss...

And don't take it too personal because its not just you.

Every joe football fan in the world thinks they understand the game because of how many times people run or pass the ball

It's the same with every joe joe announcer also... just repeat the same junk.

Like people look at pass attempts or run attempts and think that had shit do with the game plan.

nighttrain

Legend
on this day Rams shot themselves in the foot

over

and

over

and

over

glad this game is done, and on to the seachickens

train

Ellard80

Legend
It's not about ratios it's about timing. He abandons the run when its obviously working then we punt. Prime example is the 49er game when goff threw the pick in the redzone. Rand the ball all the way to the redzone then mcvay abandoned it for no reason. That's what I'm saying.

The red zone against the 49ners when mcvay called a pass play and kupp dropped an easy touch down? yeah i do remember that one.

I'm not totally defending mcvay either... because he got his ass handed to him by the zero blitz.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
This is horse caca.... in the first half we had close to even pass to run ratio- until the clock got low.

Down by 18 when we got the ball in the 3rd quarter - we ran the ball TWICE in a row... ended up punting.

Still down by 18 we get the ball back again in the 3rd quater - TWO of our first THREE plays were running plays.

Our TD drive down by 18 in the 4th quarter. OUR FIRST THREE plays were running plays.

We didn't really stop running until there was 6 min left in the game.

This post is fake news.
I'm not disagreeing with you or your numbers but WHEN you decide to run(down & distance) plays a factor here too.

I recall a few 2nd and short/medium downs where the Rams 4.5/carry all day rushing numbers would have been the way to go rather than going empty set.

A ton of 3rd and longs today. Miami D'd up today but i'd have to agree with the consensus that the run was underutilized today.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Maybe these guys were looking forward to the bye? Still, no excuse. Defense came to play. Even without Jalen. McVay needs to get his head out. Goff needs some fire in his belly.

Where's the leadership?
Need to get in some people faces and demand accountability.

We should be 7-1.
*Sigh

yeah maybe set goff for a game to light the fire cause there is something wrong going on

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Staley needs to go.....

Ellard80

Legend
I'm not disagreeing with you or your numbers but WHEN you decide to run(down & distance) plays a factor here too.

I recall a few 2nd and short/medium downs where the Rams 4.5/carry all day rushing numbers would have been the way to go rather than going empty set.

A ton of 3rd and longs today. Miami D'd up today but i'd have to agree with the consensus that the run was underutilized today.

I mentioned a time when i thought they should have ran ... but then again do i know what the defense was in? ect ect no.

But typically the defense is playing a run defense or crowding the line on 2nd and short situations... it really depends on a lot of things.

What play to run really depends a lot on what the defense is showing.

Squidhead

UDFA
Name
J
That hurt.

The defense played well (w/o JR) and Miami's offense was bad (they had a lot of drops too).

Our Offense was, well offensive. Pass pro was bad, but both McVay & Goff had just horrible games. The first possession of the 2nd half was exceptionally disappointing for me. We got hit in the face, but had time to collect ourselves with plenty of time... plus our D that was playing great (today consistently dominant in every 2nd half this year). We got the ball back right away and needed to establish control of the game. We simply did not respond.

Our special teams play has been awful (even worse than last year) ... poor / inconsistent (other that our all-world punter). The punt return and another missed FG are obvious, but what about the kick off/coverage giving them the ball at midfield? What about the towering punt that drew a fair catch signal at the 10... and our coverage guy (was it VJ?) just stood there flat-footed at the 13 as the returner let it hit the ground ... the ball lands at the 10 takes like 4 bounces and rolls into the end zone. It would have easy to down that inside the 5 if the coverage team had just gone past the returner (poor coaching/execution).

There is a lot of season left and it's actually good that we have so many division games left... we need them to make up ground to have a shot at the post season.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Also, wtf with it being 140* on our sideline???

MachS

Hall of Fame
I dont think it's fair to put this loss on McVay. Yes he got outcoached by Flores... 100%. But does that mean we should automatically lose if we dont out scheme our opponent? Hell no, we should still be able to compete and win any game thats closely matched in terms of game plan. How many throws did Goff miss? How many open WRs did he not see? Why are we assuming McVay didn't have an answer built into those plays and Goff didnt execute? How about instead of all the turnovers he takes a sack, makes a different read, throws the ball away, etc. Then how does our offense look? We win that game if Goff doesn't shit the bed. The defense played amazing 2day.

We are so damn spoiled because of McVay that we think we should automatically have the better gameplan and scheme every single game. On the rare occasion he get's outcoached, Goff folds like a lawn chair and cant make any plays. Even after all the bad turnovers and missed throws, there were STILL plays to be made, TDs on the field he continued to miss. At some point when you've been getting punched in the face you have to have pride and find a way to battle back and make a FEW plays. You dont get back into a game down 20+ by running the ball, especially after Henderson went down.

Yes we should have had more answers for the zero 6+ man blitzes. But to act like Goff in year 5 cant audible, change protection, or deal with that is hilarious. He clearly was confused, rattled, happy feet Goff sailing passes over people's heads like we've seen far too many times for someone this far into their career.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The issue is that McVay and Goff had no answer for the zero blitz.
Agreed wholeheartedly but those are separate issues. There appears to be no hot routes in the playbook which is mind boggling at this point.

A couple times today i was waiting for the (run)draw play on 3rd down. Rams rarely run it(usually only in give up situations) but IMO they could have created a big play vs the jail break today.

McV just kept dropping Goff back. Not even a whole lotta 2 step stuff either to get it out quick. There was some of that but even the 2 step stuff was ALWAYS horizontal it seemed.

Where are the hot routes? I see bad teams find them every week. I'm stupified.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like this is the same team that took the field last year. That’s unfortunate as a fan, and my expectations are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.