Rams at Bears vent thread part deux

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just bad coaching and McVay said as much.

My main concern is that this isn't the first time that he's made the mistake of not utilizing Gurley enough to make play action effective.

He said he learned. Now, he has to prove it.

The only way to keep a great defense honest is to stay committed to balance.

He didn't, Bears jumped on that and they lost.

No hard to learn from that.

Just do it next time.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
5 years of playing LB has caught up to Mark Barron. He looks like he’s done.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/10/nfl-rams-bears-week-14-studs-duds-best-worst/

Mark Barron
It’s time for the Rams to consider benching Barron for either Ramik Wilson or Micah Kiser. The run defense was better early in the season with Wilson starting next to Cory Littleton and the Rams’ latest stretch of games shows that Barron simply hasn’t played well enough to warrant as many snaps as he’s playing. Los Angeles’ biggest weakness is stopping the run, which is where Barron has struggled most this season.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/10/nfl-rams-bears-todd-gurley-sean-mcvay-touches/

After the loss, McVay explained why he went away from the ground game so quickly in favor of the aerial attack, which saw Jared Goff attempt 44 passes and get sacked three times.

“They were playing a lot of base defense to 11 [personnel] and then got into some structures where they were basically playing six guys at the line of scrimmage,” McVay said in his press conference. “We felt like the best way to be able to move the football was going to be throwing it. clearly, we’ll go back, look at the tape, I’ll look at myself critically and make sure that I learn from a lot of the bad decisions that I did make for us. Whatever I was deciding on tonight clearly wasn’t putting our players in good spots.”

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

if i was a bears fan i'd be much more concerned than rams fans. we know the rams can play much better. the bears? they were all over the rams like a cheap suit yet couldn't pull away from them. if gz didn't miss that fg the rams would have been driving for the winning score at the end there.

…..

Legend
Well at least McVay owned up to it, so kudos to him.

True...but Mcvay would own up to road kill and claim he did not put the deer in the right spot to cross the road.

I think as a result of this game, enough things went wrong and enough discussion is going to take pace through out the week, that he certainly is going to look in the mirror.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This is a stupid post.

Where the hell did you get ANY of this crap?

Big boy football time???

That actually happens on every snap.

Big Boy Football Time?????

Stupid post.

Apologies to @jrry32 and everyone else. This wasn't appropriate.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
The one play that still bothers me is the 1st down INT after we had just gotten an INT and had the ball at their 26 YD line. I run that ball all day!!!!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Wade Phillips has been through this before. 2015 Broncos lost 20-0 in week 14 to the Raiders.

2008 Cardinals lost 47-7 week 16

2012 Ravens lost 34-17 week 15

2006 Colts lost 44-17 week 14

It happens guys. We’re still the best team in the NFL.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Even if Gurley rand the ball 25 times we still likely would have lost anyway.

I still would have run it more though.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
Even if Gurley rand the ball 25 times we still likely would have lost anyway.

I still would have run it more though.

Gurley is a 2nd half RB, and more specifically a 4th Quarter back. He was starting to break more runs at the end.

I have to think with 20 carries he would've worn their defense down some and probably would've broken at least one run. If nothing else it would've established some balance to our offense.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
Just popped in my head, but Pharoh Cooper is hurting the team. He loves to take the ball out 2-4 yards deep and get dumped at the 15-20 yard line. Exposing guys to injury so he can satisfy his need to touch the ball. That is one of the things I noticed about JoJo right away. He has that situational awareness. Cooper not so much IMO. He's very replaceable with his pedestrian speed.

kmramsfan

Old School Ram Fan
Name
Keith

if i was a bears fan i'd be much more concerned than rams fans. we know the rams can play much better. the bears? they were all over the rams like a cheap suit yet couldn't pull away from them. if gz didn't miss that fg the rams would have been driving for the winning score at the end there.

Exactly. The world isn't ending. It took a trick play for them to put the game away.
Bears played their best game of the season.

Trubisky isn't all that, either.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
People have said "McVay did Goff no favors with the playcall". Can Goff not call audibles? Is the play calling all on Mcvay or is it both of them? The oline wasn't holding up and a short passing attack would've remedied it but the play calls were usually for deep and intermediate stuff. The past two weeks Goff has tried to force the deep ball even when the underneath stuff has been open. The same thing happened last season against Philly and Minn.

After watching the Lions game I wonder if Goff is trying to do to much sometimes.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People have said "McVay did Goff no favors with the playcall". Can Goff not call audibles? Is the play calling all on Mcvay or is it both of them? The oline wasn't holding up and a short passing attack would've remedied it but the play calls were usually for deep and intermediate stuff. The past two weeks Goff has tried to force the deep ball even when the underneath stuff has been open. The same thing happened last season against Philly and Minn.

After watching the Lions game I wonder if Goff is trying to do to much sometimes.

Everyone needs to do some soul searching after that game. When they look at the tape they'll know exactly what they did wrong.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/10/nfl-rams-bears-week-14-studs-duds-best-worst/

Mark Barron
It’s time for the Rams to consider benching Barron for either Ramik Wilson or Micah Kiser. The run defense was better early in the season with Wilson starting next to Cory Littleton and the Rams’ latest stretch of games shows that Barron simply hasn’t played well enough to warrant as many snaps as he’s playing. Los Angeles’ biggest weakness is stopping the run, which is where Barron has struggled most this season.

Has Mark Barron made a play this entire season? I can think of one... the safety against the Packers.

Last year he made plays, picked off a few passes, forced fumble, etc... He has done next to nothing this year.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/10/nfl-rams-bears-todd-gurley-sean-mcvay-touches/

After the loss, McVay explained why he went away from the ground game so quickly in favor of the aerial attack, which saw Jared Goff attempt 44 passes and get sacked three times.

“They were playing a lot of base defense to 11 [personnel] and then got into some structures where they were basically playing six guys at the line of scrimmage,” McVay said in his press conference. “We felt like the best way to be able to move the football was going to be throwing it. clearly, we’ll go back, look at the tape, I’ll look at myself critically and make sure that I learn from a lot of the bad decisions that I did make for us. Whatever I was deciding on tonight clearly wasn’t putting our players in good spots.”

Much better than "shoot, we'll fix that" or "I should have passed even more" as Martz would have said.

Status
Not open for further replies.