Rams at 49’ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
IT’S GAME DAY!

The GDT is a live thread tradition here at ROD.

While we all get fired up watching the game, please remember our core principles; we always show respect for our team and each other.

Despite the emotional highs and lows watching a game, we will moderate this thread with that in mind, however please refrain from name calling. This applies to players, the Rams organization, and others.

This is the core rule of the GDT. Moderators are tasked to issue thread bans, at a minimum, to maintain this standard.

This is our team. Win or lose. Good days and bad.

Go Rams!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Tune In: Rams vs. 49ers in Week 7

The Rams (6-0) will take on the 49ers (1-5) on Sunday, October 21st at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California. The game will be broadcast live on CBS, with a kickoff time set for 1:25 p.m. PDT. Check below for all the information you need to tune in to Sunday’s game:

BROADCAST INFO

TELEVISION: Sunday’s game will be broadcast live on CBS. Play-by-play commentator Kevin Harlan will be joined by color-commentator Rich Gannon. Steve Tasker will be reporting from the sidelines.

RADIO: Sunday’s contest will be broadcast on ESPNLA 710 AM and simulcast on 93.1 JACK FM. The English broadcast will feature Voice of the Rams J.B. Long on play-by-play, with Maurice Jones-Drew as color analyst, and D’Marco Farr on the sidelines. Plus, tune into 1330 AM for ESPN Deportes' live Spanish broadcast of the game with Troy Santiago and Ricardo Lopez on the call.

SOCIAL MEDIA: Follow the Rams on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and Snapchat for live updates and behind-the-scenes content before, during, and after the game.

NFL APP: You can also watch live local games on the NFL App on all phones and tablets, regardless of your mobile provider.

Domestic fans can watch games after they air with NFL Game Pass*. Click here to sign up for your FREE 7-day trial and start getting unprecedented access to every game, all year long.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Well I hate to kick the niners while they're down so......hahaha, I can't say it with a straight face. Lets pick up the where green bay left off and push these guys into the ground face first then kick em in the nuts from behind

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i'm so pissed kupp isn't playing in this game. i so want the rams to put 50 on them.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After the win if Fisher was still coach..."7 wins? Lets rest our starters for the next 9..."

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I'll be missing the game live as my family is throwing me a birthday party (it's actually tomorrow) at 3pm eastern.

Hopefully, the recorded stuff is up by Monday or Tuesday and I'll be able to watch it (or maybe I'll find it on NFL Network)

Drink a beer for me, eat something really tasty and bring home a Rams WIN!!!

OH, and no injuries allowed, players or ROD members.

Horns up and GO RAMS!!!

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Watching ROD game feed on pos phone hooked to gas filled generator here in Panama City FL. Where 11 days ago Hurricane Michael tore my sun room off and crashed my neighbors Ham radio tower on my roof before his giant tree then landed on that.Got my lucky Ram shirt washed & ready to wear as we have never lost last season or all games this season when I wear it. I wore my Mob Squad shirt for falcon game before I realized which shirt had the power. We may get power back next month. GO RAMS!!! Pray for us survivors we are killing looters regular now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/19/nfl-rams-49ers-week-7-concerns/

Rams' 3 biggest causes for concern vs. 49ers
By: Cameron DaSilva

Prior to Monday night’s shootout between the 49ers and Packers, it looked like the Rams would have a fairly easy win over San Francisco in Week 7. However, the 49ers nearly pulled off the upset before blowing a fourth-quarter lead, which caused the spread to shift one point in San Francisco’s direction.

The Niners showed they have dangerous playmakers on offense and Richard Sherman is still an above-average cornerback, which makes this far from a “gimme” for L.A.

Here are the Rams’ three biggest causes for concern heading into Week 7.

Cooper Kupp’s absence
The Rams have played the second half of each of their last two games without Kupp, so this isn’t exactly uncharted territory. However, his absence from the lineup changes things a bit. Robert Woods will probably move inside to the slot while Brandin Cooks will maintain his position as the X receiver.

Kupp has been Jared Goff’s safety valve the past two seasons but he won’t have that on Sunday. Josh Reynolds should see more playing time on the outside, likely against Richard Sherman – a matchup that doesn’t favor the Rams. Nick Williams is also a candidate to play, potentially getting some snaps in the slot.

Regardless of who replaces Kupp, it’ll be difficult to make up for his consistent production.

DeForest Buckner wreaking havoc up front
The 49ers have sunk assets into their defensive line like no other team in recent years, spending three first-round picks on Buckner, Arik Armstead and Solomon Thomas. Only Buckner has been a consistent player for them with Thomas falling out of favor and barely playing more than 50 percent of the snaps.

Buckner switches between left and right defensive tackle, which means both Rodger Saffold and Austin Blythe will be asked to block him. He opens things up for Reuben Foster and Fred Warner at linebacker, eating up blocks and allowing them to run free at times.

Buckner leads the team in sacks (4.5), tackles for loss (6) and quarterback hits (9), so stopping him is priority No. 1 along the defensive front.

Containing 49ers’ explosive playmakers
The 49ers don’t look the same without Jimmy Garoppolo back there, but both Matt Breida and Marquise Goodwin are dangerous players regardless of who’s at quarterback. Goodwin finally got going on Monday night against the Packers, catching four passes for 126 ayrds, scoring two touchdowns.

Breida, on the other hand, has been the 49ers’ most reliable playmaker, averaging a ridiculous 6.8 yards per carry to lead the league. He has the ability to take a carry to the house from anywhere on the field, as evidenced by his long rush of 66 yards.

Although he’s not a workhorse back by title – he doesn’t have a game with more than 14 carries – he’s a dangerous player who the Rams have to be mindful of when San Francisco has the ball.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/18/nfl-los-angeles-rams-49ers-matchups-week-7/

Rams vs. 49ers: 4 key matchups to watch in Week 7

The Los Angeles Rams will renew their rivalry with the San Francisco 49ers on Sunday afternoon at Levi’s Stadium as they seek a stellar 7-0 start. This was supposed to be a primetime matchup, but the loss of Jimmy Garoppolo changed that, shifting it back to 4:25 p.m. ET.

The 49ers are better than their 1-5 record indicates, as evidenced by their near-win over the Packers on Monday night. In turn, the Rams can’t take them lightly and must focus on winning these four matchups.

Brandin Cooks vs. Jimmie Ward
Richard Sherman exclusively plays left cornerback for the 49ers, as he did in Seattle, which means we probably won’t see Cooks lined up across from him much on Sunday. That’ll either be Josh Reynolds or Robert Woods, depending on how Sean McVay handles Cooper Kupp’s injury. Instead, Cooks will draw Ward throughout the game, which is a favorable matchup for the Rams.

Ward has struggled to catch on in the NFL, bouncing between cornerback and safety in San Francisco. Covering Cooks is no easy task, especially when you’re the 100th-ranked CB by PFF’s metrics. This is a matchup the Rams have to take advantage of, especially with Kupp sidelined. Cooks should have a big game, just as Davante Adams did.

Todd Gurley vs. 49ers LBs
The strength of the 49ers defense is up the middle where they have a good interior player in DeForest Buckner, who’s backed by Reuben Foster and rookie Fred Warner at linebacker. Foster and Warner have a chance to become a really good duo for the 49ers, one that could slow down Gurley. This season, the 49ers rank 13th in rushing yards allowed (98.2 per game), while the Rams are first with 154.3 yards per game on the ground.

Priority No. 1 for each team facing the Rams has to be slowing Gurley and the Rams’ rushing attack. Linebackers are also required to cover him in the passing game, be it on screen passes, routes out of the backfield or simple checkdowns when Goff can’t find anyone.

John Johnson vs. George Kittle
Kittle has been the 49ers’ best receiver regardless of position this season, leading the team with 429 yards – 102 more than any other player on the roster. He can line up in a variety of spots as both an inline tight end or a slot receiver, which gets him matched up with different players throughout the game. Expect Johnson to be the one primarily covering Kittle on Sunday, which is no easy task.

Johnson has been much better of late after struggling against Jared Cook in Week 1, but he’ll need to be exceptional this weekend if the Rams want to take away the 49ers’ top receiving threat. Johnson has the size and athleticism to match up with Kittle one-on-one, which has to make Wade Phillips and Sean McVay feel good. This will be a fun individual battle to watch.

Rodger Saffold/Austin Blythe vs. DeForest Buckner
The 49ers will have their hands full trying to block Aaron Donald, which is never easy. However, the Rams have a difficult assignment on offense, too. Buckner is the 49ers’ best defensive lineman and can line up pretty much anywhere up front. He moves between right and left defensive tackle, which pits him against Saffold and Blythe.

Buckner has a team-high 4.5 sacks and 23 tackles to go along with nine quarterback hits and six tackles for loss, all of which lead the team (except for tackles). The Rams boast the best offensive line in football, so keeping Buckner in check shouldn’t be too difficult. It’ll just take a complete team effort with Sullivan and the tackles likely giving the guards help every now and then.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2018/10/17/nfl-los-angeles-rams-49ers-stats-facts-week-7/

5 things to know about Rams-49ers in Week 7

49ers only have three takeaways this season
The Rams do a great job taking care of the ball on offense, turning it over just six times all season. Only four teams have fewer giveaways than Los Angeles, which is part of the reason it scores so many points. The 49ers, on the other hand, have had some serious trouble taking the ball away.

They rank last in the NFL with three takeaways this season – one interception, two fumble recoveries. Needless to say, the Rams should be able to avoid back-breaking turnovers in San Francisco on Sunday with the 49ers’ inability to create them.

San Francisco has worst turnover differential in the league
Speaking of turnovers – the 49ers don’t exactly take care of the ball themselves, either. No team in the NFL has given it away more than San Francisco, which has committed 14 turnovers in six games. Pair that with their three takeaways and that gives the 49ers a turnover differential of minus-11, also the worst in the league.

The only other team with a differential worse than minus-6 is Jacksonville, which sits at minus-9. The Rams are only plus-2, but that ranks ninth in the NFL. Expect to see some takeaways from Los Angeles’ defense this weekend.

Rams are losing all-time series with 49ers
The Rams and 49ers have met 136 times in their storied histories, but it’s been San Francisco on top in that span. The all-time series sits at 68-65-3 in favor of the 49ers, who won the last meeting in Week 17 of 2017. In that game, the Rams obviously rested their starters as they prepared for the postseason, while Jimmy Garoppolo and San Francisco’s top players were out there playing to win.

The Rams have lost four of their last five against the 49ers and seven of their last 10, so San Francisco has had their number of late.

Matt Breida is averaging 2 yards per carry more than Todd Gurley
Gurley leads the NFL in rushing with 623 yards and nine touchdowns, but he isn’t the most efficient back in the league. Breida, who began the year behind Jerick McKinnon on the depth chart, has risen to the starting role in San Francisco. He has 63 rushing attempts on the year and has gained 430 yards, good for an average of 6.8 yards per carry.

Gurley’s mark is excellent at 4.8 per clip, but Breida’s is somehow 2 full yards more. It’s mostly because Gurley’s longest run is just 29 yards compared to Breida’s 66-yard scamper.

49ers’ leading receivers are a TE and FB
In Kyle Shanahan’s offense, the ball doesn’t always go to the No. 1 receiver. It’s similar to Sean McVay’s scheme: Whoever’s open gets the ball. As a result, George Kittle and Kyle Juszczyk are the 49ers’ leading receivers with 429 yards and 227 yards, respectively. Their top wide receiver is Pierre Garcon, who has 225 yards on 20 catches.

For comparison, the Rams’ leading pass catchers are all wide receivers. Robert Woods leads the way with 524 yards, followed by Brandin Cooks with 505 yards and Cooper Kupp at 438 yards. Todd Gurley is fourth with 247 yards.

At tight end, Gerald Everett and Tyler Higbee have combined for just 145 yards receiving – 284 fewer yards than Kittle.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Niners have never faced a deep threat from the Rams since maybe Tory Holt..We did not not have Brandin Cooks last year, and Sammy Watkins isn’t in his league. Not in route running or in general dependability for Goff to throw the ball to him. I expect the Rams to score early with Cooks and Woods, opening the way for a Gurley explosion. Rams cover the spread, and Old School and Prime Time eat my dust in terms of ROD dollars earned. (Oh no he dint!)

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I'll be missing the game live as my family is throwing me a birthday party (it's actually tomorrow) at 3pm eastern.

Hopefully, the recorded stuff is up by Monday or Tuesday and I'll be able to watch it (or maybe I'll find it on NFL Network)

Horns up and GO RAMS!!!

Happy B-Day

Is this 5-0 for you?

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
For some reason I’m a little apprehensive about this game

Just escape healthhy with a narrow W and I’ll be delighted

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Attention all ram receivers! Attention all ram receivers! Be on the look out for "an above average" defensive back named Richard Sherman. You are encouraged to engage for as long as he can keep up with you.

fearsomefour

Legend
"Run Gurley more"
"Stop being predictable with running Gurley"
"Our kicker sucks"
"CUT (fill in the blank) for missing a tackle"
"The refs are screwing becasue the league hates the Rams for some murky reason I can't explain"

Thought I'd get those weekly gamday classics out of the way.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"Run Gurley more"
"Stop being predictable with running Gurley"
"Our kicker sucks"
"CUT (fill in the blank) for missing a tackle"
"The refs are screwing becasue the league hates the Rams for some murky reason I can't explain"

Thought I'd get those weekly gamday classics out of the way.
You forgot “ When will they ever call holding on that guard draped all over Donald!”

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave

Horns up and GO RAMS!!!

Happy birthday. The Rams have been giving us wins for our birthdays this year, so they owe you a win also.