Rams at 49'ers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rainram

Starter
I think the call at the end was terrible.

However, there were a few calls that hosed us during the course of the game. So if the one that goes for us comes in the last :30 seconds, so be it.

The overall play of the defense/ST and the lack of discipline (!!!) is what made the game what it was.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
All I have to sat is 107 Points scored, in our 1st 3 games is a Fantastic start!! At this rate we'll break 500!!

RedRam

Pro Bowler
yeah, i too was wondering if we have the personnel to run this 34 dffense
train
We don't have the personnel for this defense. We don't have a true NT. We don't have the LBs. We're very weak at safety.
What was once our strength, is now our weakness.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
Just saw this gem...

21617612_1633941986652483_1741101543320170668_n.jpg

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
Where were you?

Haha I saw it just couldn't believe what suddenly changed. And then, and then haha movie quote stoner movie, and then more and then happened. Wow might be the game of the season in the NFL. You can't dismiss that, anyone for that matter. Wow! Props to the Niners players and staff too. That's what we all want as fans.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Rams are 2-1(1-0) The offense is rolling and SonOfBum gets 10 days to stop the bleeding on defense.
This O is for real. I figure if the defense stays this bad at least we'll be treated to a replay of that 2000 squad, go 10-6 and get bounced in the wild card game when Tavon muffs a punt.
200w.webp

BadCompany

Rookie
That was way more exciting than it needed to be. With the offense rolling, and a 15 point lead, I figured it was in the bag. Sheesh. We got lucky on that PI call, but then they got lucky on that roughing the passer call. You hate to get into a "yeah but the call against us was worse" battle, but that's what happens when refs make blatantly bad calls.

Goff looked great, and thank god for that clean pocket. Amazing what a half-ways decent offensive line performance can do for you, eh? I was glad to see Gurley finally break a couple of half-decent runs too, as the three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust approach is tough.

Watkins and Woods... nice. Real nice. Is Sammy going to get better, the longer he's in this offense? I know he said it would only take him a couple of weeks to pick it up, but that might have been hyperbole. If he's only going to get better...

Austin though... Come on man. Two muffed punts, and a muffed pitch. Which is too bad, because he had a couple of nice runs, which shows you just how valuable he can be in this offense, as a change of pace kind of guy. And by change of pace I mean, like every fourth play. Can't sit back on the wide receivers, can't sit up on Gurley... throw in a guy who can make magic in open space... Wow. But dammit, you can't trust him to hold onto the ball!! If he could do that, and pick up 6-8 yards on some neat running plays, or catch the ball on some quick slants or easy screens... Sigh.

Take the wins, and enjoy the 10 days off. Hopefully that's enough time to get all the banged up guys healed up, and shore up some defensive issues. If we can pull off a good performance in Dallas - even if we don't win - that will go a long way towards respectability.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Rams - offensive juggernaut!? Since when?! Is McVay a genius? Or was Fisher that dumb?!

Defensive - worries. We can't stop the run. A pet hate of mine and I've said it over and over again - Barron and Ogletree, athletic freaks that they are, are just too 'light' to play as inside backers in a 3-4. We need some beef in there - they get manhandled by guards and centers. Also, I think it was just a bit of bad luck. Wade's blitzes just seemed to go to the wrong hole occasionally and they happened to have called a counter run to the other side and that blew a few big plays.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams - offensive juggernaut!? Since when?! Is McVay a genius? Or was Fisher that dumb?!

both.

but more importantly mcvay got snead to get good players. he fixed the oline, he improved the wrs exponentially. how did snead and mcvay do that in one offseason and fisher couldn't do it in 5 years? because mcvay is an offensive genius that knows exactly what he wants and fisher is an offensive dinosaur that has no clue how to put together a competent offense in this day and age.

Psycho_X

Legend
Rams are 2-1(1-0) The offense is rolling and SonOfBum gets 10 days to stop the bleeding on defense.
This O is for real. I figure if the defense stays this bad at least we'll be treated to a replay of that 2000 squad, go 10-6 and get bounced in the wild card game when Tavon muffs a punt.
200w.webp

Exactly what I was thinking last night... it's like watching the 2000 Rams. Except Tavon isn't half the receiver Hakim was unfortunately. But he makes me as nervous on punt returns.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
The whiners scored 39 points. They made hoyer look like Montana. Nothing to crow about.

Thats what I'm worried about with the D. What will Prescott & Elliott look like if we play like that against the Cowboys? We have time, lets fix it!!!

Psycho_X

Legend
Probably too early but was there any discussion about Joyner's injury post game? I didn't stay up and watch. Hopefully Watkins concussion was cautionary... 10 days rest should be enough I'd think for him to be gtg.