Rams Announce Practice Facility in Woodland Hills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
No mention of fans. Cal Lutheran has stands for maybe 200 people on just one side of one field. Sure they can put more up. Long drive for me, I would only be able go to one or two practices. The heat out there is comparable to Death Valley. End of July--1st week of Aug. temps normally well over 100.

I'm not a happy fan they are moving from Irvine, a very fan friendly facility. Players are not going to like living and practicing out of mobile trailers.

road trip love GIF
Hey Bubba! Let's take a look at going to where ever camp is this year together. I can drive.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Howdy bro! Heck ya we gotta do at least a couple of TC's together. I'm toying with the idea o taking the RV and towing the car behind it and finding somewhere close to park. Got AC and mobile WI-FI, good fridge for cold beer so heat not a problem.

I'm at Bass Lake right now, doing Memorial weekend with family, then on to Black Hills SD. Be back end of July. Got the same #? I'll call you then. Looking forward to a great season!

fr

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Rams conclude minicamp and time in Thousand Oaks, moving practice headquarters to Woodland Hills next​

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. – Since 2016, the Rams have called Thousands Oaks and the campus of California Lutheran University its football operations home.

On Tuesday, that chapter officially closed with one day of minicamp. Up next: Getting moved into and set up within their temporary arrangement in Woodland Hills.

"When I first got here you know, you thought it would be a temporary facility, and here we are going into year eight, and it's been great," McVay said after Tuesday's OTA walkthrough. "I love the privacy out here. The only downside is really when it gets windy. The facility, I think it's great, you're in close quarters to people. That stuff doesn't bother me. As long as the film works, as long as the players have enough space in the locker room, in the weight room. My office, I'm more worried about the film. And then it is a great setting out here, but later on in the year the Santa Ana winds can inhibit your ability to get better. So that's the one thing I will not miss. But Cal-Lu has been great, it's been awesome being here, and we'll probably just pick this facility up and go plant it at Woodland Hills and then we'll see when the real thing's ready."

The Rams officially announced their move to Woodland Hills back on Nov. 14 with an event featuring local community leaders at The Village outdoor mall, which, along with the facility, is part of the nearly part of the nearly 100-acres in Woodland Hills acquired last year by Owner/Chairman E. Stanley Kroenke.
The facility will be located at the corner of West Oxnard Street and Canoga Avenue on that land, and consist of modular trailers including office space and meeting rooms for coaches, players, scouts and staff, a weight room and training room, locker room, media room and meal room. Next to the trailers will be two football fields where the team will train and practice.

In the meantime, the team will have some time off before 2024 Training Camp presented by UNIFY Financial Credit Union gets underway at Loyola Marymount University.

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale
Howdy bro! Heck ya we gotta do at least a couple of TC's together. I'm toying with the idea o taking the RV and towing the car behind it and finding somewhere close to park. Got AC and mobile WI-FI, good fridge for cold beer so heat not a problem.

I'm at Bass Lake right now, doing Memorial weekend with family, then on to Black Hills SD. Be back end of July. Got the same #? I'll call you then. Looking forward to a great season!

fr
Just now saw this! Yes, same phone number. Love the idea of taking the RV. Had a few good times after practice in Irvine enjoying the suds!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Guessing TC will start around the last week of July. I should be home by then. On my way to Jackson Hole with cousins from Elko Nv to go white water rafting and kyaking the Snake river for a week, then on to Flaming Gorge for some serious fishing.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
Guessing TC will start around the last week of July. I should be home by then. On my way to Jackson Hole with cousins from Elko Nv to go white water rafting and kyaking the Snake river for a week, then on to Flaming Gorge for some serious fishing.
Good lord, you must be retired or something!!!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, as a matter of fact, we are!
Actually I’m jealous BubbaRam is enjoying retirement & not sitting home.
—I did have the perfect setup during training camps for years imo.I know now as good as you guys though.You guys always rolled VIP.
I can picture BubbaRam now like a John Candy Vacation.Never forget his Oxnard Trip in LA traffic.I made that trip when EVERY RAM FAN should have seen Demoff getting Fisher ready to move out of Muzzu.
-Anyway however long training camp has been at UCI.It’s been FUN.
Looking Forward to checking out LMU.Don’t think I’ve been on that campus,but might be A great Venue ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Never did the Moutain or viewed Cal Lu.Had that crazy GF that way.
It was those times.
—Dave 56 or The Classic Poster Legend lived out that way.Would have found a way to have at least visited.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Yes, as a matter of fact, we are!
VeteranRam I have so many good memories at UCI- I’ve seen you a far.The first few years I use to & be able to run around both fields. Get to every station Beat the gate guy.
It has gotten so much bigger & probably more so now at this new venue ? I still got see a lot these last years running around.Always had to make the choice of beer or not ? My system was good though.
—A carry over & a take from last season to. Coming seasons. Mcvay always brings in good coaches.He promotes them & continues to get excellent ideas from that.

AD99 & Eric Henderson were excellent together.AD99 & E.Hend going to USC. Is a perfect ending as well.I REALLY wish Henderson well & that he can get a HC job from all the hard work ,relationship & teaching he does.
—AC Carter though really took over last year as more of the Raw Raw guy Henderson use to be.