Rams 2012 NFL Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:
Damn. I can't get into chat while I'm at work ...

Wolfe was a big reach.
You can sit out here and chill with me. I can't get in either. :(
Rams traded 45 to Bears. They're now at 50. What other pick did they get?

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:

Wolfe was a big reach.
5th round 150 overall.
Yeah. That was the round they didn't have a pick yet.

steferfootball

Starter
Ram Quixote said:
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:

Wolfe was a big reach.
5th round 150 overall.
I wanted Rueben Randle, so meh on the trade. Maybe he was drafted somewhere in the backlog.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:
steferfootball said:
Ram Quixote said:

Wolfe was a big reach.
5th round 150 overall.
I wanted Rueben Randle, so meh on the trade. Maybe he was drafted somewhere in the backlog.
Randle hasn't been picked yet. That's a shocker. Jeffery has been picked before him.

steferfootball

Starter
Did we draft a cornerback with a 4.61 40? Does he play faster than that? Just a bad time? Is he a saftey?

I passed out shortly after #45, and woke up at the end of the thrid.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
steferfootball said:
Did we draft a cornerback with a 4.61 40? Does he play faster than that? Just a bad time? Is he a saftey?

Fisher says so. I don't see it. Johnson has stiff hips, and his forty-time is pretty much his game speed. He'll be a safety at the next level. The only question is whether he takes the place of Mikell or Stewart.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memento said:
steferfootball said:

Fisher says so. I don't see it. Johnson has stiff hips, and his forty-time is pretty much his game speed. He'll be a safety at the next level. The only question is whether he takes the place of Mikell or Stewart.
Well, you really need 3 safeties, but I'm with you, he's a safety in my eyes. I just watched him again during the combine, he doesn't have the best movement skills, but he was productive in college. He may be our secret weapon cover guy against tight ends...the only thing I can think of.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
steferfootball said:

Well, you really need 3 safeties, but I'm with you, he's a safety in my eyes. I just watched him again during the combine, he doesn't have the best movement skills, but he was productive in college. He may be our secret weapon cover guy against tight ends...the only thing I can think of.

Alright. I feel that with Finnegan, Fletcher, Jenkins, Murphy, and Gordy, our cornerbacks are stacked. If Johnson adds depth at safety after Stewart and Mikell, I'm fine with that as well.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
Memento said:
steferfootball said:

If so, he is significantly slower than Vernon Davis.

I donno, the pick kinda puzzles me.

steferfootball

Starter
I just noticed we picked Chris Givens WR from Wake Forest. He was rated as a second rounder....is he any good?

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
I just noticed we picked Chris Givens WR from Wake Forest. He was rated as a second rounder....is he any good?
He's very fast, had good production, was a junior I think. He should take the top off the defense. Not a big guy, think Issac Bruce. Solid pick.

steferfootball

Starter
DR RAM said:
steferfootball said:
He's very fast, had good production, was a junior I think. He should take the top off the defense. Not a big guy, think Issac Bruce. Solid pick.
Yeah, his speed and size reminds me of Holt/Bruce.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
steferfootball said:
From the NFL site.
Overview

Givens is an early-entry junior out of Wake Forest where he was a first-team All-ACC selection this past year. He has adequate size and is a blazing straight-line runner who looks similar to Philadelphia's Jeremy Maclin with his movements in-route. He relies heavily on his speed in all he does and is the type of receiver capable of taking a speed-out and cutting up field to daylight. [hil]He is a polished player who could be selected late in the first round[/hil]; he has all the traits to be a productive NFL receiver and an immediate No. 2 option.
Analysis
Strengths
[hil]Givens is an elite deep threat receiver who is fluid and quick off the ball[/hil]. He can eat up a defensive backs cushion in a few steps to get them on their heels, and then accelerates in a very controlled, explosive motion. He adjusts well to balls in front or behind him, and he can make all the catches necessary at full speed. Givens has obvious field awareness and routinely would get behind corners in Cover 2 before throttling down for a quick back-shoulder throw before a safety can get there. He can get jammed on occasion at the line but usually wins with a jab step and speed. He has excellent footwork at full speed to change directions or drag his feet along the sideline.
Weaknesses
Givens can get jammed at the line of scrimmage when he doesn't ignite a quick jab step or if an explosive corner shock jams him quick enough. He often gets caught looking over his shoulder and gets alligator arms going across the middle. He is a tough player but far from physical. Givens gives little effort as a blocker in the run game and is only capable of being a decoy or running off his man.