Ramdom Thoughts Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
So what if we had a thread for our posters who have an impulsive need to share their random thoughts on the Rams?

Isn't that an exact description of what already goes on here every day? :sneaky: Multiple threads on the same topic or player is my pet peeve here at ROD. However, this is the offseason where normally we become much more lenient about this.

During the season when this happens...

giphy.gif

During the offseason...

tldr1.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
View attachment 24160

I was going to start my own thread about Thread counts, but then I thought it would be too confusing, and certainly add unnecessarily to the thread counts on this forum. (What kind of jackass would do that?)

So out of respect for the moderators, and all Ram ROD brethren, I believe I found a home on this thread.

Question: What thread count do you guys prefer on your bed sheets? Of course cotton is a great material, but I prefer a good tight thread count, as well. 260 sounds reasonable to me.

I probably know more about sheets than anyone you've ever met.

260 is OK not great. But anything over 500 is a waste of money, you can't really feel the difference with sheets that have a higher thread count than that. And when you get into the very high counts air doesn't flow, they hold in body heat. Good for cold northern nights though.

There is a lot of discussion among people about "thread count" and a lot of companies scam by using thread that is two or four ply and for a simple explanation that wold mean the label on those 260 counts sheets would say 520, when in fact they aren't. So you have to buy single ply.

If you go to Bed Bath and Beyond they sell a variety of sheets in several counts, buy the eucalyptus product. It's softer and breathes better than cotton. It's marketed under the name Tencel Lyocell. You'll thank me.

I have several sets of sheets including 750's that are single ply and (real) Egyptian cotton (a lot of the Egyptian stuff on the market is not really what they claim) that I don't use since they hold heat. The Lyocells from BB&B are all I use now. In a pinch I'll use the 500 thread real Egyptian sheets but the Lyocell is wonderful.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

260 is OK not great. But anything over 500 is a waste of money, you can't really feel the difference with sheets that have a higher thread count than that. And when you get into the very high counts air doesn't flow, they hold in body heat. Good for cold northern nights though.

There is a lot of discussion among people about "thread count" and a lot of companies scam by using thread that is two or four ply and for a simple explanation that wold mean the label on those 260 counts sheets would say 520, when in fact they aren't. So you have to buy single ply.

If you go to Bed Bath and Beyond they sell a variety of sheets in several counts, buy the eucalyptus product. It's softer and breathes better than cotton. It's marketed under the name Tencel Lyocell. You'll thank me.

I have several sets of sheets including 750's that are single ply and (real) Egyptian cotton (a lot of the Egyptian stuff on the market is not really what they claim) that I don't use since they hold heat. The Lyocells from BB&B are all I use now. In a pinch I'll use the 500 thread real Egyptian sheets but the Lyocell is wonderful.

I'm so bookmarking this...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I'm so bookmarking this...

There are different types of cottons too of course. Even in Egypt there are several, it's not all the same.

It's sneaky what some people do.

Bamboo is good too, but I prefer the eucalyptus myself.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

But how do they feel on my balls?:D

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
...Meanwhile, in Rams Talk, 4 new threads about the Browns.... ;)

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There are different types of cottons too of course. Even in Egypt there are several, it's not all the same.

It's sneaky what some people do.

Bamboo is good too, but I prefer the eucalyptus myself.
Yeah, I really don’t give a sheet about this....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I had some 800 thread count single ply sheets.

I moved fast because I had a cramp... and I got a fabric burn. The sheets felt like silk, yes...they did retain heat, but the damn things would take skin if I moved too fast. Got my knee pretty bad during one sexy time.

After that...never again. Don't want silk sheets nor anything higher than 600.

Had some flannel sheets for the winter when we lived in PA and I've never liked a set of sheets more.

Then it warmed up and I lost 10lbs sweating out every toxin I ever ingested... RIP flannel sheets...

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
I don’t like when the fitted sheet pops off. I suppose I could clip them together like those shirt tail clips.

Used to have to wear those clips all the time in the Honor Guard to keep a tuck. Don’t want the President to see you with a sloppy tuck.

Bet the Presidents fitted sheets don’t pop off. If so, well, there’s probably a guy to handle that.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Fuck fitted sheets. I had to fold them all the time when I volunteered at a nursing home, and it really sucked. It's fucking impossible to fold them...

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Have you seen them????

MY NUTS!!!!

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I don’t like when the fitted sheet pops off. I suppose I could clip them together like those shirt tail clips.

Used to have to wear those clips all the time in the Honor Guard to keep a tuck. Don’t want the President to see you with a sloppy tuck.

Bet the Presidents fitted sheets don’t pop off. If so, well, there’s probably a guy to handle that.

If that's happening the sheets aren't deep enough for your mattress or they don't have good pockets.

Go get the eucalyptus sheets, trust me.

freak fitted sheets. I had to fold them all the time when I volunteered at a nursing home, and it really sucked. It's freaking impossible to fold them...

There are a couple of ways to do it.........this is one.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
If that's happening the sheets aren't deep enough for your mattress or they don't have good pockets.

I do trust you Les.

But I DON’T trust that lady in the video! That folding of the fitted sheet is a wholly unsatisfying process! There’s no symmetry. There is no peace without symmetry dammit!!

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen

WHAT? I then won't know it is a fitted sheet. She doesn't give the "mash" factor enough credit! Ain't nobody got time for that!