Ramdom Thoughts Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
So what if we had a thread for our posters who have an impulsive need to share their random thoughts on the Rams?
Now I wont pretend to know when an idea deserves its own thread, but it seems like we have multiple threads on each topic and a never ending stream of new threads of the "What if", "What I think" and "Would you?" variety.

Dont get me wrong, I love lots of topics. The more conversation the better.... unless that conversation is already being had in other threads, or if the thread is just random thoughts and opinions that might not need their own thread, espescially when there is so much relevant Rams news breaking.

I dont know, just a thought...
(This post totally belongs in the Ramdom Thoughts thread)

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Ok. Here's one.

Les " The Savant" needs to stop looking at "Sneads Balls".

Keep your eyes up Les.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
So what if we had a thread for our posters who have an impulsive need to share their random thoughts on the Rams?
Now I wont pretend to know when an idea deserves its own thread, but it seems like we have multiple threads on each topic and a never ending stream of new threads of the "What if", "What I think" and "Would you?" variety.

Dont get me wrong, I love lots of topics. The more conversation the better.... unless that conversation is already being had in other threads, or if the thread is just random thoughts and opinions that might not need their own thread, espescially when there is so much relevant Rams news breaking.

I dont know, just a thought...
(This post totally belongs in the Ramdom Thoughts thread)
Because its endless and it has no basis in fact. It just generates posts and back and forth questions and opinions and people trying to prove something that can't be proven. IMO, all these what if threads are a waste of time.

mikedlo23

UDFA
Name
mike
whats your thoughts on sammy watkins.....i kinda think we need him back....i like how he takes the defenses number one corner which allows kupp and woods 1 on 1...idk just popped in my head that i think we really need him back for the offense to be on the same level

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
IMO, all these what if threads are a waste of time.

Yeah I agree. Thats why I suggested 1 thread for all of that rather than a new one every 10 minutes...

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Wait, so a moderator goes off topic, so the thread does to?

The topic is/was RAMS random thoughts, so ideally if someone wanted to share a RAMS related RAMdom thought, but realized it probably does not really need its own thread, maybe there could be a sticky...?

I guess you all can explain to me how this works again.... or hey, maybe I will hypothesize about the Rams to the tune of 10 threads a day...

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Wait, so a moderator goes off topic, so the thread does to?

The topic is/was RAMS random thoughts, so ideally if someone wanted to share a RAMS related RAMdom thought, but realized it probably does not really need its own thread, maybe there could be a sticky...?

I guess you all can explain to me how this works again.... or hey, maybe I will hypothesize about the Rams to the tune of 10 threads a day...
Sorry man but a thread trying to limit how people offer up ideas is kind of random in itself. We encourage people to use the search function to see if there is already a thread on a given subject before posting a new one, but I personally don’t see the merits of this kind of thread.

We try to get to redundant threads and merge them. And we try to not have many stickied threads as it pushes other threads down the page, clutters it up, and aside from the introduce yourself thread, we generally only put ones up that are current, major topics. Even those are very temporary.

We want members to post their ideas even if they seem somewhat random. Those that are interesting to other members will generate more talk. Those that are not tend to quickly get replaced on the page.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame

Dont get me wrong, I love lots of topics. The more conversation the better....

Sorry man but a thread trying to limit how people offer up ideas is kind of random in itself. We encourage people to use the search function to see if there is already a thread on a given subject before posting a new one, but I personally don’t see the merits of this kind of thread.

Before you gave Badnews, the bad news, I bet he thought he was delivering good news on the Rams forum, but as he stated you and others hijacked his idea, and kicked him off topic. .....(n)so random,.....perfect!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
10009.gif

I was going to start my own thread about Thread counts, but then I thought it would be too confusing, and certainly add unnecessarily to the thread counts on this forum. (What kind of jackass would do that?)

So out of respect for the moderators, and all Ram ROD brethren, I believe I found a home on this thread.

Question: What thread count do you guys prefer on your bed sheets? Of course cotton is a great material, but I prefer a good tight thread count, as well. 260 sounds reasonable to me.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Before you gave Badnews, the bad news, I bet he thought he was delivering good news on the Rams forum, but as he stated you and others hijacked his idea, and kicked him off topic. .....(n)so random,.....perfect!
And I don’t want others to think I don’t appreciate his concerns. As moderators we don’t like having to merge threads or police what we may consider redundant or even silly at times.

But we are fans and most of us just want to talk about what is on our minds. We really want members to feel free to do so and if we have to step in, we really do so reluctantly.

I don’t think the idea is necessarily a bad one, just not probably a direction we want to go.

But then another moderator could step in and enact @badnews ’s idea and I’d be fine with it.

We all just try to do what we think is best for the board and often we disagree on how to do that but we know as a group that we are all just trying to maintain what we feel has made this board so much fun for everyone.

I have been on lots of forums and boards and this one is IMO by far the best and has the most members that actually get that. It’s cool to be a part of.

Cheers all you miscreents. We all know something is wrong with you. You stuck around in probably the worst times to be a Rams fan and you’re still here ready for the great times to return.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
View attachment 24160

I was going to start my own thread about Thread counts, but then I thought it would be too confusing, and certainly add unnecessarily to the thread counts on this forum. (What kind of jackass would do that?)

So out of respect for the moderators, and all Ram ROD brethren, I believe I found a home on this thread.

Question: What thread count do you guys prefer on your bed sheets? Of course cotton is a great material, but I prefer a good tight thread count, as well. 260 sounds reasonable to me.
Hmmmmm. It really depends on the material that is cozying up to my balls at night. Let that mental picture keep you up at night. I mean..... we talking silk? Cotton? Linen?

Always be careful of the questions you ask. Well - the ones you ask ME anyway.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
View attachment 24160

Egyptian cotton all the way. And the higher thread counts start being less comfortable in the higher counts, so yeah, 260 is very reasonable