Raise your hand..

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
we are not going to a super bowl this year people. it will be a fun ride but we don't have enough to get us there. there is a reason besides a bad team that Stafford has not won a big game or playoff game. we have a coach who still cant make changes when needed and gets away from the run game. hands down. go rams

you must have missed the 2018-2019 post season where mostly all we did was run the ball - plus the question was ever... not just this year.

sdakotaram

Rookie
Name
sdakotaram
the sandlot agree GIF

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
You say stubborn, I say impatient

I say those are two different descriptions of the same coin.

And tying that to the original question, I think eventually McVay will lead the Rams to the promised land (and is certainly capable) ... but it might take another bitter playoff loss or two, for those reasons, before he starts to figure out what he needs to do to get there.

dang

Legend
we are not going to a super bowl this year people. it will be a fun ride but we don't have enough to get us there. there is a reason besides a bad team that Stafford has not won a big game or playoff game. we have a coach who still cant make changes when needed and gets away from the run game. hands down. go rams
AZ (if Murray stays healthy) and GB (if Rogers stays unpunished for lying) have the inside track for home field advantage but I’d say Rams have as good a chance as anyone in the NFC right now.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
We had 273 rushing yards in the playoff win over the Cowboys so yes I think he will pound the ball
Blythe admitted to a reporter after that game that we had figured out tells in the d lineman's stances to know what they were doing on a given play. We used that knowledge up crush them in the running game. It was an atypical situation that hasn't really been repeated since. It's an outlier and shouldn't be expected regularly.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
How many playoff teams have D lines like Tennessee in the NFC? The O line was top 5 before this game. If we didn't turn the ball over twice in our territory, this would have been a closer game.

You don't have to be the best team to go to or win the Superbowl. Only hot at the right time.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Blythe admitted to a reporter after that game that we had figured out tells in the d lineman's stances to know what they were doing on a given play. We used that knowledge up crush them in the running game. It was an atypical situation that hasn't really been repeated since. It's an outlier and shouldn't be expected regularly.

That's true, but at the same time, there have been games where McVay got away from the run when we were able to do so effectively. Giving Hendo only 11 carries against the Titans when he was averaging 5.5 a pop (without any huge runs) is a prime example, as is his going away from the run last year against Miami at a time when it was working and when our OL was getting beat bad in pass pro and our QB was shitting the bed. The offensive approach by McVay in both Sunday night's game against the Titans and the Miami game last year (as well as the overall flow of those games) look remarkably similar, and that failure to adjust and take what the defense is giving is what leads to losses like those we incurred in both of those games.

The Dallas playoff example is the flip side of that, where McVay repeatedly took what the defense was giving him and inflicted on the Cowboys a soul-crushing beatdown that was more decisive than the final score indicated.

McVay right now is a very good playcaller. When he learns to consistently take what the defense is giving him and can show that he's quicker and more decisive in his adjustments ... that's when he will become a truly great playcaller. And that's when he'll start having to take time out of his offseason to get fitted for rings.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
2 games before that against Arizona we rushed it 41 times for 269 yards

TXRams86

The Infamous
Knee jerk reactions after only losing a second game against a really good team. Stafford didn’t do us many favors and McVay took a bit to adjust, but he did. Am I out of the loop here, because these doom and gloom posts with plenty of season left are a bit mind boggling.

I too raise my hand that I believe McVay gets us a super bowl win. It’s amazing to think of how successful he’s been at such an early age and that’s with a super bowl appearance already. He’s only tried to get better every year - sometimes making tough decisions a lot of coaches wouldn’t have the balls to do.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
You say stubborn, I say impatient

I don’t disagree. I think once the game starts to get a bit out of his grasp he panics, regardless of how much time is left. It’s like he gets tunnel vision and only passes which decimates the whole purpose of the offensive system we run.

Not to say I’m unhappy with McVay, I’m thankful for him, he’s a fantastic coach, but he’s gotta grow. That’s all.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
BS in O-Line play ask Bug Whit. Say as you want,but if you talk about stubborn run calling & then protections your wrong imo.Mcvay went deep & Stafford had all day to pass. Then he went again & the protection was there. Stafford was not making the best reads or decisions.
Drew Brees at halftime said you can’t turn the ball over period.Just got to throw it away or get rid of it . Drew Brees is fresh out of the game & a HOF QB.Stafford hasn’t won anything so I’ll take Drew Brees word on it.
Tony Dungy is low class in my book.I could talk all kinds of madness,but the was basically LOL about The Rams & probably didn’t hear a word Brees said.As much as Tony Dungy Hates The Rams ,I’d just say I’m not a fan of his.He is a AFC guy.I respect Ton Brady even more now that he won one in Tampa which TonybDungy couldn’t do in the NFC or Tampa.Go back & talk about a coach that couldn’t win.
Tampa Bay traded for John Gruden to win as SuperBowl because Dungy couldn’t. Talk about — well I’ll stop & couldn’t help myself bet there is so much there.
Like I said. I’m a believer & Rams Kool-Aide drinker & always have.I can take lossing.I can go back to The Rams & the 90’s lossing 19 in a row to you guest it ? Well I can’t say the bye week can’t get here fast enough. I will take my lumps if Monday Night isn’t right.
My hope is 8-2 & regather as a group of Ram Men.Bobby Brown I still think can be a big part of The Rams run especially with SJD69.It elevates him on the depth chart.As a 21!year old 310 plus DT. He couldn’t be in a better place to grow as a player.
Ram Fans have talked about Jacob Harris.Ben Sko & JJ Koski are better WR’s at this point anyway.

You call Bs on the line not playing well? I watched linemen get bull rushed and stunted all night. In Pass protection, the line was bad. Our offense is not predicated on the short passing game. It’s predicated on running, play action, misdirection, screen passes and mid range passing, with the occasional deep shot.

McVay didn’t do any favors in helping the line in the first half. But he did make adjustments by moving the pocket consistently in the second half and stafford was still being crushed.
Not to forget to at Stafford has quite a bit to say in his protections as well, as he’s usually adjusting them himself.

Mcvay got away from the run too early (again), and I stick to what I said, a couple bad decisions by Stafford, and bad O-line pass protection lost that game.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
My point is no shit he has a much worse record while losing at half...all coaches do. We compare his losing at half and winning at half record as if they should be the same or even close to the same in which case the rams will almost literally be undefeated overall under McVay.

He never loses with a lead at half and loses a lot more trailing at half. What is the premise of what people are asking for when they complain about that as if it is indicative of his ability to coach? Are we asking for overall perfection? Are we asking for more balance which means more losses while leading at half and more victories while trailing at half? what is the point of that?

Hes a great coach not a perfect one and that bugs some people apparently
"great coach not a perfect one"... yup.
And.. I'm not gonna like, that can still bug me sometimes. I know it's unrealistic.

I do get a little frustrated by some recurring issues.
The over-reliance on 11 personnel, or, said in another way, the odd lack of creativity with personnel groupings. I just think that part is weird.
I get *a little* concerned when I see they came out flat in two of the three biggest home games this year. What's that all about?

He's young and can learn.. I'm just curious about the thought process that leads to a game where they only run plays out of 11.. I think that's odd.

But he's damn good.

ramsplaya16

The One and Only
Hes a great coach not a perfect one and that bugs some people apparently

Speaking the truth bro… I feel like fans forget what it’s like to have horrible coaches for 15+ years sometimes… I’m so thankful for Mcvay, this team is fun, and that’s all
I can really ask. Because I went so
Long supporting a horrible team, I just have so much fun and
Enjoying watching them now.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
"great coach not a perfect one"... yup.
And.. I'm not gonna like, that can still bug me sometimes. I know it's unrealistic.

I do get a little frustrated by some recurring issues.
The over-reliance on 11 personnel, or, said in another way, the odd lack of creativity with personnel groupings. I just think that part is weird.
I get *a little* concerned when I see they came out flat in two of the three biggest home games this year. What's that all about?

He's young and can learn.. I'm just curious about the thought process that leads to a game where they only run plays out of 11.. I think that's odd.

But he's damn good.
I mean we all get frustrated in the moment but making statements like he “can’t win a super bowl” is ridiculous.

I’ll put it this way I wouldn’t trade our coach for anyone else’s

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Speaking the truth bro… I feel like fans forget what it’s like to have horrible coaches for 15+ years sometimes… I’m so thankful for Mcvay, this team is fun, and that’s all
I can really ask. Because I went so
Long supporting a horrible team, I just have so much fun and
Enjoying watching them now.
It does consistently amaze me how quickly we went from fans that would be happy to have a high draft pic or a single pro bowler to thinking McVay is not good enough…