Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Maybe I'm misremembering, but didn't we have the same conversations about Ramsey not being on their best player last year too on critical downs?

I am starting to wonder if there is maybe something wrong with Ramsey and they are hiding it by playing him in the Star and not forcing him on the best the other team has to offer. I might be in the minority here...but I think he gives up a lot of catches for a guy who is supposed to be this lock down corner. I think of Revis Island when I think of lockdown corners and you never threw his way if you didn't want to get burned. Ramsey to me is a good player...but not the best cover guy....I don't care what anyone says.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Morris and McVay are both under scrutiny during their bye week.

I imagine Sean and Raheem will be spending a good amount of time locked in a basement together looking at film and critiquing each others flaws.

When they come out of the bunker, I expect changes to be made by both of these leaders.

After their next game in Green Bay, we will have a better idea if they listened to each other and make some adjustments to get this 2021 Rams team back on the track.

1637370266418.jpeg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Well what I do know for sure. Is that Morris didn’t cause interceptions or turnovers on Offense. So I don’t know why this is even a conversation…Kind of bizarre that he is the scapegoat for full blame. Is Morris also to blame for the poor Special Team squad?

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Well what I do know for sure. Is that Morris didn’t cause interceptions or turnovers on Offense. So I don’t know why this is even a conversation…Kind of bizarre that he is the scapegoat for full blame. Is Morris also to blame for the poor Special Team squad?

No doubt Steezy.

As I and many have stated, McVay and the special teams have a big hand in their 3 losses.

I'm sure McVay behind the scenes has viewed all 10 games several times.

If coach doesn't see the pattern of his mistakes along with Morris and the special teams, then it will be more of the same when they play the better teams left on their schedule over the last 7 games of the season.

I'm not expecting a major turnaround but I will be very perplexed if McVay doesn't get all three phases playing better over the last 7 games.

I know it's a common NFL cliché, but this team needs to be peaking in December and January or they will be labeled another dream team failure.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
No doubt Steezy.

As I and many have stated, McVay and the special teams have a big hand in their 3 losses.

I'm sure McVay behind the scenes has viewed all 10 games several times.

If coach doesn't see the pattern of his mistakes along with Morris and the special teams, then it will be more of the same when they play the better teams left on their schedule over the last 7 games of the season.

I'm not expecting a major turnaround but I will be very perplexed if McVay doesn't get all three phases playing better over the last 7 games.

I know it's a common NFL cliché, but this team needs to be peaking in December and January or they will be labeled another dream team failure.
Look I am not one to jettison McVay. Though the intensity, and everything he brought when he first came to the Rams has died down. It isn’t the same feel. We have lost good specialty coaches in his tenure. A lot of wiseness has left. We need to get it back. Wisdom needs to be wispering in McVays ear like are you sure about this or that? He definitely needs it right about now. He is still a young coach that can soak it up like a sponge.

Name
SparkleStick
We don't insult Rams personnel on this site. Ever. Constructively critique, sure. Say that they could be fired, sure. But we don't flat out insult our team here.
....what? I don't hold hands. Raheem is trash and always has been. Hes never been anything good. It's FACTS. Not insults. Sorry, just being honest.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
....what? I don't hold hands. Raheem is trash and always has been. Hes never been anything good. It's FACTS. Not insults. Sorry, just being honest.

This is not the forum for insults, even if they may or may not be true. Honestly, this forum prides itself on being welcoming to our team. Like, basically, if we're shooting the shit at a bar over a beer. Players are known to look at this forum; Kevin Demoff himself has an account.

It's not the forum to say that Rams players, coaches, front office people or anyone associated with the team are "trash". Period. There are other forums that do that, true, but I prefer this forum because we don't.

Name
SparkleStick
....what? I don't hold hands. Raheem is trash and always has been. Hes never been anything good. It's FACTS. Not insults. Sorry, just being

This is not the forum for insults, even if they may or may not be true. Honestly, this forum prides itself on being welcoming to our team. Like, basically, if we're shooting the shit at a bar over a beer. Players are known to look at this forum; Kevin Demoff himself has an account.

It's not the forum to say that Rams players, coaches, front office people or anyone associated with the team are "trash". Period. There are other forums that do that, true, but I prefer this forum because we don't.
Do I care about them having an account? No, I definitely don't. I'm sorry dude, but saying he's trash isn't an insult. Especially when it's true. I love my Rams too but I'm not gonna hold their hand and say everything's ok when they lose. To hell with all that BS. If they want a coach to hold their hand, call Steve spags. I'm an honest person. Don't care about feelings. He's doing badly. He deserves to get called out. I'm sorry, but If I was being terrible at my job, either my boss will tell me or he'd fire me. I'm done with this subject, because no matter what you say, I'm gonna disagree. He needs to coach better. PERIOD.

Name
SparkleStick
You forgot “edgy”.
Why am I getting insulted for being honest about him being trash? That's what his career has always been. I mean if y'all wanna dance around a circle and hold each other's hands when things turn to shit, by all means go head.

Name
SparkleStick
I guess I have to kiss ass and hold hands on here since criticism isn't allowed. Anyway, Morris is what he is. Not very good. And hes trash as a Coach. Might be a good person but he can't coach a defense to save his life.

Name
SparkleStick
I am starting to wonder if there is maybe something wrong with Ramsey and they are hiding it by playing him in the Star and not forcing him on the best the other team has to offer. I might be in the minority here...but I think he gives up a lot of catches for a guy who is supposed to be this lock down corner. I think of Revis Island when I think of lockdown corners and you never threw his way if you didn't want to get burned. Ramsey to me is a good player...but not the best cover guy....I don't care what anyone says.
He is the best cover guy. IDGAF what YOU say. He's more than shown what he is.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I know everyone's ticked off about the losses and surely Morris and McVay share some of that responsibility.

But on the bottom line, if you look closely at our losses, it sucked but let me explain briefly.

We had Arizona where we could have beaten them but to their credit, they convert 5 or 6 3rd down and 16 on our defense. That's inexcusable of course, but it happens sometimes.

Then we start out with 2 turnovers that lead to 14-0 deficits against teams that were playing close to the vest. That was the worst case scenario. The Titans had no Derrick Henry and our two turnovers gave them the perfect best case scenario to beat us. I don't usually complain about the refs, but the refs in this game were awful and snuffed out any chance we had to come back.

Then the whiners play us. Shanahan wasn't going to let Garapolo lose the game for them so he ran and ran and dinked and dunked. We turned the ball over twice and got down 14-0 again. Shanahan was able to take the air out of the ball. And for whatever freaking reason, nobody laid a hand on Kittle or Deebo Samuel, allow them free releases down the field and in the zone were were playing, the whiners just played pitch and catch and easily converted 3rd downs because you can't prevent Kittle and Samuel from getting 5-7 yards when you play a soft zone and nobody jamming the receiver. Even on 3rd and 6 or 7, Kimmy G string has tons of pressure on him but it was easy to convert when his two main targets get free releases from the line of scrimmage in a soft zone.

The fake FG was also a bad idea in my opinion because a FG by the whiners in the 2nd half makes it a 3 score game.

I think the problems that were mentioned are fixable. I am hoping that Von Miller will help the defense to gel. If we lose to Green Bay, then it's very likely we wind up as the 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs and unless something unusual happen, I see a playoff run similar to last year.

Bottom line, the turnovers need to stop and we need to get points on the board first. The key to beating the whiners is to score first so Shanahan can't take the air out of the ball and actually has to pass the ball down the field once in a while.

"end of rant"

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Don
Most all around here are not to thrilled with Morris either.
We see that the defense is wildly inconsistent and often underperforming. Right now Morris is what we have, He has been called out all over this place in this group all we can do is hope for the best whether the F.O makes an unlikely change or not.
@FelixTheStone hangout you may or may not grow to like this place
Hand In Hand Holding Hands GIF by Cuco

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
P
I guess I have to kiss ass and hold hands on here since criticism isn't allowed. Anyway, Morris is what he is. Not very good. And hes trash as a Coach. Might be a good person but he can't coach a defense to save his life.
He is the best cover guy. IDGAF what YOU say. He's more than shown what he is.

That is for sure,but he wants & likes playing the star position & does it well.Mcvay talks about another CB to step up.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
McVay needs to step up and act like a head coach not just an offensive coordinator. He needs to call out Morris and have him run everything through him. Morris can not be trusted to turn this defense around. Also, this special teams coach, sucks!

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
McVay needs to step up and act like a head coach not just an offensive coordinator. He needs to call out Morris and have him run everything through him. Morris can not be trusted to turn this defense around. Also, this special teams coach, sucks!
How do you he doesn’t already?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Comedy hour,can’t wait for The SuperBowl act.