Raheem Morris discussion thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tano

Legend
I'm not focused on Kendrick. Little more concerned with our failing Education System here.

To suggest 1/2 a second equates to 1/2 a yard is ridiculous. At least for pro football CBs and WRs.

Now for Me, it would make sense. I can run a Forty in about 40 seconds. So 1/2 a second would be 1/2 a yard.

By-the-Way, I am also NOT an outside-cornerback.
track running GIF by RunnerSpace.com

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You guys need to quit picking on Derion. This is a "shit on Morris" thread.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
I a

I agree - Param's math is wrong

It is more like 3 to 4 yards difference in a 40 yard dash

So let's say - it takes the receiver 20 yards to catch up to a CB 8 yards off and back pedaling at first and then goes full bore after that

That is a 2 yard advantage after 40 yards.

Kendrick should not be an outside CB.

He should be slot or safety at best.
40 yards / 4.5 seconds = 8.89 Yards per second (Average Speed) for 40 yard dash
A player will actually running faster than that at full sprint.
So his math isn't that far off. A slow player even 8 yard cushion ain't catching a guy that runs faster then him.

So even 4.4 yards is over 13 feet (1/2 second of average speed)
That's pretty open.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Yes… Morris is living rent free in the heads of multiple posters and it impacts their ability to discuss facets of the Rams’ activities in a sane way.

Good observation.
I think trading Ramsey is proof the "Bend Don't Break" will be seen again. You don't need talent to play that defense, just good tacklers.
Build the offense up so that this defense is actually useful is the plan I think.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
40 yards / 4.5 seconds = 8.89 Yards per second (Average Speed) for 40 yard dash
A player will actually running faster than that at full sprint.
So his math isn't that far off. A slow player even 8 yard cushion ain't catching a guy that runs faster then him.

So even 4.4 yards is over 13 feet (1/2 second of average speed)
That's pretty open.
4.5 is 8.88 yards per second
4.75 is 8.42 yards per second
The difference is .46 yds per second...X 4.5 seconds (for 40 yards) is a 2.07 yd difference
In a race, when the faster guy would reach 40 yards, the 4.75 guy would be at just shy of 38 yards. A tick over 2 yards (6 ft +)
But it ain't a race. There's a cushion and if it's a go route and they're even at about 10 yards, 30 more yards downfield the difference would be a yard and a third....4 feet. That ain't much if the DB can jump. And if the DB can jam the WR, it would take even more time to seperate. By then AD has the QB. :biggrin:
What I'm getting at is it's football, not track. And theoretically you can say it's a 6 ft difference but it ain't theoretics. It's football.

And in the last season, who are the guys who had Kendricks beat by 6 feet? Some samples maybe? Or just memory? "I saw him get beat a few times". Well good job. I saw Ramsey get beat a few times. It's really much ado about nothing.

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
4.5 is 8.88 yards per second
4.75 is 8.42 yards per second
The difference is .46 yds per second...X 4.5 seconds (for 40 yards) is a 2.07 yd difference
In a race, when the faster guy would reach 40 yards, the 4.75 guy would be at just shy of 38 yards. A tick over 2 yards (6 ft +)
But it ain't a race. There's a cushion and if it's a go route and they're even at about 10 yards, 30 more yards downfield the difference would be a yard and a third....4 feet. That ain't much if the DB can jump. And if the DB can jam the WR, it would take even more time to seperate. By then AD has the QB. :biggrin:
What I'm getting at is it's football, not track. And theoretically you can say it's a 6 ft difference but it ain't theoretics. It's football.

And in the last season, who are the guys who had Kendricks beat by 6 feet? Some samples maybe? Or just memory? "I saw him get beat a few times". Well good job. I saw Ramsey get beat a few times. It's really much ado about nothing.

Kendrick ran a 4.79 so 8.35 yards per second
4.5 Guy at 40 yards Kendrick at 2.42 yards behind is over 7 feet,
But regardless, his cushion should help, since he plays 10 to 12 yards from LOS.

Speed is almost useless against the Morris defense, unless the players make a mistake with safety help over the top.
Unless it's elite speed.

I still believe the scheme was the reason they let Ramsey go. Plan is to build the offense. Score enough points so that the defense is a successful one.

If the O can score on almost every drive and get TDs, then the plan will work.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kendrick ran a 4.79 so 8.35 yards per second
4.5 Guy at 40 yards Kendrick at 2.42 yards behind is over 7 feet,
But regardless, his cushion should help, since he plays 10 to 12 yards from LOS.

Speed is almost useless against the Morris defense, unless the players make a mistake with safety help over the top.
Unless it's elite speed.

I still believe the scheme was the reason they let Ramsey go. Plan is to build the offense. Score enough points so that the defense is a successful one.

If the O can score on almost every drive and get TDs, then the plan will work.
SILLINESS !! 40’s ? Do you smoke a BLUNT with those ?

Snaz

Pro Bowler
Name
Shawn
Soooo....
Hoecht needs to be a DL not an OL LB, can't cover.
Kendrick needs to be benched or cut, too slow, too many mistakes.

I really really hope Raheem Morris gets a HC offer. He is not a good DC but maybe a better HC.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Funny how Morris is only good because of the players but with the offense having an all madden team but that doesn't apply to McVay :D

I don't blame Morris this season. Our pass rush isn't getting home or putting much pressure on the opposing QBs. Our defensive personnel needs a few upgrades. I'm more surprised that our offense isn't better, especially now that Puka Nacua has emerged as a competent and really good wide out to go with Kupp. Of course we could upgrade 1 or 2 OL as well.

oldnotdead

Legend
If you play a gap and a half with your DL they aren't pressure in 2.5 seconds. You aren't getting home when you put their 2nd best pass rusher in coverage which they do with Young. So tell me again how much they value a pass rush? They only value it situationally not on every down. OCs know they will play the run on first downs. Thats a huge advantage.

You guys have been hating on Hoecht but they turned him loose and he got home. If you watched replays you would see him in the mix whenever they came after the QB in other games as well. When you expect your DL to read / react they aren't going to get a whole lot of pressure on the QB. You guys should realize by now it's how the players are played which is the primary reason for the apparent inconsistencies in the defensive play.

People were complaining Hoecht wasn't setting a hard edge but how do you do that if you are playing a gap and a half read /react? They would see him pinch inside not understanding that is what he's supposed to do playing that gap and a half scheme. Thats why they need to play a WIL behind him. They play their JACK in wide 9 so that doesn't apply to him.

Mock me all you want but I understand what is happening while those who mock me don't.

Tano

Legend
If you play a gap and a half with your DL they aren't pressure in 2.5 seconds. You aren't getting home when you put their 2nd best pass rusher in coverage which they do with Young. So tell me again how much they value a pass rush? They only value it situationally not on every down. OCs know they will play the run on first downs. Thats a huge advantage.

You guys have been hating on Hoecht but they turned him loose and he got home. If you watched replays you would see him in the mix whenever they came after the QB in other games as well. When you expect your DL to read / react they aren't going to get a whole lot of pressure on the QB. You guys should realize by now it's how the players are played which is the primary reason for the apparent inconsistencies in the defensive play.

People were complaining Hoecht wasn't setting a hard edge but how do you do that if you are playing a gap and a half read /react? They would see him pinch inside not understanding that is what he's supposed to do playing that gap and a half scheme. Thats why they need to play a WIL behind him. They play their JACK in wide 9 so that doesn't apply to him.

Mock me all you want but I understand what is happening while those who mock me don't.
I still say Hoecht should be a DE not an OLB

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't totally blame Raheem here, some of it was failed execution and the bounce of the ball in the Steelers' favor plus a few fucked up ref calls, but it doesn't look good at all being bested by a shitty Canada offense the whole 2nd half. A shitty OC made adjustments on his D and I'm super pissed about that.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Hoecht had some nice plays but playing him at OLBer puts him at a disadvantage when he has to drop in to pass coverage.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I'm not blaming Morris for the defensive failures. What does he have to work with? Donald is great. Jones is a little better than average. Young and Turner might be good enough at some point. The rest are day 3 JAGS. When given lemons you can't make lemonade if too many are rotten.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Offense & special teams blow/give up 13 points in a 7 point loss and we’re here again.

Good times.