R.Foster Released and signed by Skins

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Debacled

Starter
The Deadskins are scumbags for signing Foster. Unfortunately, the NFL's culture around violence towards women and children seems to always ignore the victims.

Look at Tyreek Hill, who assaulted his pregnant girlfriend in college and is in line to receive a massive contract extension from the Chiefs.

Look at Frank Clark, who was kicked off of Michigan's team for domestic violence and somehow got drafted because of football talent and will likely get a huge payday from someone after this offseason.

Look at Taylor Lewan, who threatened to rape a rape victim of his roommate's while at Michigan, and he hit the jackpot this season.

Look at Adrian Peterson, who beat his four-year-old son with a switch until his genitals bled and is somehow still playing.

Hell, let's look at Greg Hardy and the undeserved second chance he got from the Cowgirls.

This needs to stop, and it won't stop until the NFL implements harsher methods towards players like Reuben Foster.

I can at least see what the Skins are thinking here. Let the legal process play out and if he is indeed at fault cut him loose. Its going to be a very unpopular move, but at least they are letting things play out and not picking him up after he has been convicted of something.

Do I think he is innocent? Of course not, nor do I think he was the first time either. Bottom line though is that its still up in the air. The Skins are just ready to waste a roster spot on him in the meantime.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Deadskins are scumbags for signing Foster. Unfortunately, the NFL's culture around violence towards women and children seems to always ignore the victims.

Look at Tyreek Hill, who assaulted his pregnant girlfriend in college and is in line to receive a massive contract extension from the Chiefs.

Look at Frank Clark, who was kicked off of Michigan's team for domestic violence and somehow got drafted because of football talent and will likely get a huge payday from someone after this offseason.

Look at Taylor Lewan, who threatened to rape a rape victim of his roommate's while at Michigan, and he hit the jackpot this season.

Look at Adrian Peterson, who beat his four-year-old son with a switch until his genitals bled and is somehow still playing.

Hell, let's look at Greg Hardy and the undeserved second chance he got from the Cowgirls.

This needs to stop, and it won't stop until the NFL implements harsher methods towards players like Reuben Foster.
Yes and no.
It's a privilege to play in the NFL....just as it is a privilege to work any job.
To think guys should be subject to a whole separate standard of behavior SOLELY because it's the NFL seems strange to me. It's a discussion worth having but will end up being hypocritical and likely just virtue signaling.
The difference between NFL players and the plumbers, CPAs, bartenders, teachers, deli workers, mechanics and every other profession in everyone's town is there are a very small number of people that can do the NFL job up to standard. The crime rates are actually less in the NFL (they should be, no surprise there). To single out one profession and say someone should not be able to earn a living based on accusation (at this point) is silly as hell and will always end up being hypocritical. No amount of grand standing (probably faux) moral outrage is going to change anything.
Would I sign Foster now? No.
If it is proven this new accusation is nonsense would I sign him? It depends.

fearsomefour

Legend
I can at least see what the Skins are thinking here. Let the legal process play out and if he is indeed at fault cut him loose. Its going to be a very unpopular move, but at least they are letting things play out and not picking him up after he has been convicted of something.

Do I think he is innocent? Of course not, nor do I think he was the first time either. Bottom line though is that its still up in the air. The Skins are just ready to waste a roster spot on him in the meantime.
The Skins aren't risking anything really by signing him. They are trying to make the playoffs after losing their QB and are looking to improve short term if they can in any way.
I get it.
Will he make a difference? Who knows.

Kevin

Pro Bowler
It's a privilege to play in the NFL....just as it is a privilege to work any job.

Yeah, I don't look at it that way. Every employee should not feel subservient to his/her employer, just feeling lucky to have a job. My employer recruited me, hired me and we mutually feels good about our working relationship.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

What's sad is that's the short list...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Do he count on the roster if he's on the nfl exempt list?

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
The difference between NFL players and the plumbers, CPAs, bartenders, teachers, deli workers, mechanics and every other profession in everyone's town is there are a very small number of people that can do the NFL job up to standard. The crime rates are actually less in the NFL (they should be, no surprise there). To single out one profession and say someone should not be able to earn a living based on accusation (at this point) is silly as hell and will always end up being hypocritical. No amount of grand standing (probably faux) moral outrage is going to change anything.

When you look at his past history of legal problems and this new charge, I refer to the old saying where there is smoke there is fire. The profession I was in for 30 years, before retiring, would have let me go long ago after the first arrest.