Quick look at our LB corps

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Neither would I. He's not good enough. Down the road if he improves he might become a guy you rush vs the best OT as a rule, but until that time he is definitely not.

Rams will go with matchups and the hot hand this year on the edges, and I suspect Matthews is going to play a lot more edge than most here think he will; having an older guy like him hammering on the interior in the run game when you consider the relative inexperience and lack of quality we have outside means he will most likely play a lot of edge by necessity.

Which is why I believe I am being fair to him calling Fowler average. Because he is our most talented rusher, and if you compare the most talented rusher for every team there will be a lot of guys better than him. He's probably somewhere in the middle. Honestly many of you need to simmer down on this one holy crap. :D
CM will rush the passer from everywhere & anytime! I love the run setting edge that DF has shown us in limited last half of the 2018 season. Last time we had a run supporting edge setter here was Wm Hayes 2015/2016 seasons

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CM will rush the passer from everywhere & anytime! I love the run setting edge that DF has shown us in limited last half of the 2018 season. Last time we had a run supporting edge setter here was Wm Hayes 2015/2016 seasons

Right on lol. Just note that Fowler has looked good in the playoffs before, only to not be able to sustain things.

Rams played this pretty good though with the one year deal. And the way they paid him makes me think they expect him to play well and I hope that's the case.

swmizzou83

Starter
I wonder how Ebukam would do playing inside? He has the size and he is listed at his pro day as running a 4.45 40. He seems to struggle rushing the passer consistently but is much better pursuing the ball. Seems to me like he would thrive inside

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I wonder how Ebukam would do playing inside? He has the size and he is listed at his pro day as running a 4.45 40. He seems to struggle rushing the passer consistently but is much better pursuing the ball. Seems to me like he would thrive inside

I think he'd be good vs the run. Vs the pass, though, he probably needs a long look and chance to work on it in camp.

But we certainly have some flexibility in the group. Plus undoubtedly a couple more added to the room in this draft and UDFA class. Competition at LB is going to be outstanding this year in camp.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I liked the Fowler re-up, I'm lukewarm about Mathews.
Neither is seen as a long term solution though. With the Donald, Gurley, and Havs re-ups and the impending Goff mega deal just around the corner, I believe the Rams are just trying to "buy" time until they acquire and develop youth at LB.

The Rams really need to develop one of these young guys under their rookie deal as a legit (feared) pass rusher. If they feel their isn't anybody on the roster right now who can be that guy, they're gonna have to spend another pick on one.

Here's hoping O-O works out. Fowler will be gone after this year.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I liked the Fowler re-up, I'm lukewarm about Mathews.
Neither is seen as a long term solution though. With the Donald, Gurley, and Havs re-ups and the impending Goff mega deal just around the corner, I believe the Rams are just trying to "buy" time until they acquire and develop youth at LB.

The Rams really need to develop one of these young guys under their rookie deal as a legit (feared) pass rusher. If they feel their isn't anybody on the roster right now who can be that guy, they're gonna have to spend another pick on one.

Here's hoping O-O works out. Fowler will be gone after this year.

Agree with everything you said, and the reasoning. Think they will draft an ER this year, and one of the 5 they are grooming should hit, but they needed to be better than last year, so DF's here for a year.

I do like the Matthews signing though, and don't think Goff and Donald's contracts are going to keep us from ever getting another great player. Who know, Snead and Demoff may sign Goff to a 10 year deal for $200M, (assuming they feel it's warranted). They do tend to think outside the box.