“Purported Victim Apologizes to Aaron Donald for Falsely Accusing Him.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fearsomefour

Legend
Frankly I'm not. I think it was simply a money grab setup bar fight. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if it comes out the plaintiff provoked it.

But more than that I honestly think the Rams already have an AD "clone" on the roster. I've been making noise about Michael Hoecht for a long time and it's because this guy can play. What stands out is his style of play is very reminiscent of AD. He can play inside or outside. He's got speed, strength, good length and he plays with a motor. His Pro day is very reminiscent of Donald's numbers as a rookie.

Between Hoecht and Jonah Williams, they made Brockers expendable. With Gaines and Hoecht in rotational roles on the D-line I feel very good about the interior of that unit for the long term regardless of how it goes with AD (which again I think it won't amount to much).

Some highlights (warning most might want to mute the sound track)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRULOUyhFs

Hoecht is such a diamond and ready to go the Rams left him on the practice squad.
He is a terror on the DL to the point not only did he not dress for any games he was left available for any other team to sign if they wanted to.
He has some great measurables but who knows if that will amount to anything.
We don’t know what he will end up being.
One thing we do know is last year he was not one of the top 6 DL on the Rams.
I hope he works out and can contribute as a play maker but saying he is the next anything is a major reach.
This coming year will likely determine whether he sticks or is cut loose.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
“Lawyer Says”....enough said lol
raw.png

Psycho_X

Legend
I usually would worry about these things, but I don’t know about this one.

Everything sounds like a desire for payoff.

Agreed, everything that has come out so far sounds like the guy was being an asshole and deserved an ass beating. Having said that, it is still illegal so will have to wait and see what happens. The part that worries me slightly is that several things happened inside of a club/bar, the situation ended and this guy left, and people followed him out of the building and beat him down in the parking lot. It's the "followed him outside" part that might be an issue as it shows specific intent to assault. Laws vary from state to state so no idea how that is relevant in Pennsylvania but that is the part that might become an issue.

Of course, the idiot may have told them to step outside in which case he is lucky AD didn't kill him challenging him to a fight. But I'm going to assume there are plenty of eye witnesses that weren't with either party (staff in particular) who will be able to clearly describe what happened.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to unnamed sources, 36 current and former NFL Quarterbacks have added their names to the list of charges of assault by Aaron Donald

Ramit

ROD GRUNT
What's happened to fighting with honor? Everything I've read so far inclines me to believe two groups fought one guy took the brunt of the beat down and is being completely dishonorable to the point of cowardice. You don't want your ass kicked, don't start a fight.

Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot get by without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, if I live i will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven. Such is the rule of honor.
Omerta—Lamb of God

Good song

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Allegation- an assertion unsupported and by implication regarded as unsupportable.

Thus far nothing more than breath vapor coming out from the mouth of a tool.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
Right?

You were expecting fingernail scratches possibly? We're talking Aaron Freaking Donald. Or maybe one of his buddies. I'm going to guess Aaron doesn't exactly hang out with wimps.

If this beating was simply because he "bumped into" AD, yeah, the results aren't justified.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I had an old SGT that always said play stupid games win stupid prizes. Of course there are always exceptions to anything but a lot of the bad stuff that happens in life is usually because you put yourself in a bad situation by making bad choices. It’s really that simple.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seeing as there isn't a fist sized hole in this guys head, I have to think he wasn't punched by AD.

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Why AD was even out at a crowded club with likely no facemasks or social distancing happening....is another question. We are still in a pandemic right now....I'm sure there will be some repercussions here if any of this is true.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why AD was even out at a crowded club with likely no facemasks or social distancing happening....is another question. We are still in a pandemic right now....I'm sure there will be some repercussions here if any of this is true.
What, you mean acting like an American with civil rights vs a "pandemic" in which his age group has about a 99.9 survival rate? Why did you even bring this up?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
What, you mean acting like an American with civil rights vs a "pandemic" in which his age group has about a 99.9 survival rate? Why did you even bring this up?
Stick to the topic fellas. No derailing of this thread.