“Purported Victim Apologizes to Aaron Donald for Falsely Accusing Him.”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
340M.gif

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would you expect "social justice takes" on it? Nobody feels bad for a dude who fucked around and found out. :ROFLMAO:
Oh there's plenty who will feel sorry for the guy or even outraged lol. But either way I really like the board take. (y)

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Looks like AD took it easy on him to me..... I mean, he lived.

In all seriousness, I pray this was in self defense or in defense of another. That dude took a pretty good beat down....

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Yea the attorney sounds like such a money grabbing dickwad (sorry). I'm going to refrain from complete judgement because we don't have all the facts but this sounds so sketchy. I don't care if I/we don't know AD personally the guy has been nothing but class a family guy a hard worker and yes maybe he lost his cool we shall see but I want the whole story not just the ambulance chasers story. As of now I for one second do not believe this dude didn't provoke or do or say something stupid to AD. I also understand that just saying something stupid shouldn't get you punched in the eye however does anyone on this board think AD is that type of dude? A Dumb dude who would just sucker punch someone just because he can? No way man. I will choose the innocent til proven guilty road here til all the facts come in.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
I just read somewhere that after watching last season's game footage that Russell Wilson is also filing suit against AD!

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Too early to tell of course but if there is video or enough eye witnesses backing up this story, I'm going to be sick to my stomach.

If it's proven that this actually happened and Donald reacted the same way Tyler Higbee did some years back, I'm going to be set back by Donald's actions.

I hope this is an exaggerated event and Donald is proven innocent.

The problem is that until all the facts are unveiled, Aaron is guilty until proven innocent.

What a SHIT show story to read about two weeks before the 2021 NFL draft :poop: :woozy:

video-271365.jpg
I am assuming you mean beyond the 1 eyed witness pictured

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If I had money settlements from the ass kickings I received as a kid I'd be rolling in money lol. But anyway. Fuck this dude. He'll get a settlement but he'll always be a fucking pussy for suing Aaron MFing Donald.
Right?
Those were heavy injuries none the less....
You were expecting fingernail scratches possibly? We're talking Aaron Freaking Donald. Or maybe one of his buddies. I'm going to guess Aaron doesn't exactly hang out with wimps.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Oh there's plenty who will feel sorry for the guy or even outraged lol. But either way I really like the board take. (y)

Apparently the "complainant" (that's the legal term for the guy who is asking the police to press charges) admitted that he "bumped into another male at the bar" and then to "throwing a bottle of alcohol, but didn't know if he had hit anyone."

From the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:

"Responding to inquiries about the incident, Pittsburgh police released a statement that said they were dispatched to Mercy Hospital just before 1 p.m. on April 11 for a man who wished to report an assault.

Neither Mr. Spriggs nor Mr. Donald are named in the statement, and Pittsburgh police do not name alleged victims or people who are accused unless charges are filed.

“The male told police it happened in a bar somewhere on the South Side,” police spokeswoman Cara Cruz wrote in the statement. “He did not know the exact location or time of day it occurred. He told police he accidentally bumped into another male at the bar who confronted him verbally.

“He says that male and another ended up punching and kicking him. The complainant admits to throwing a bottle of alcohol, but didn’t know if he had hit anyone.”

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But more than that I honestly think the Rams already have an AD "clone" on the roster. I've been making noise about Michael Hoecht for a long time and it's because this guy can play. What stands out is his style of play is very reminiscent of AD. He can play inside or outside. He's got speed, strength, good length and he plays with a motor. His Pro day is very reminiscent of Donald's numbers as a rookie.

Between Hoecht and Jonah Williams, they made Brockers expendable. With Gaines and Hoecht in rotational roles on the D-line I feel very good about the interior of that unit for the long term regardless of how it goes with AD (which again I think it won't amount to much).
Wait.... You're serious about this. Yeah... You can pick Aaron Donalds out of any neighborhood cherry tree. Hoecth is just misunderstood. He's a clone and you know the main thing about clones.... they're as good without the flaws. WTF are we doing playing AD over Hoecth8! He has HOF written all over him. Hell..an undrafted second year lineman can easily just slide in and we won't miss AD a bit.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
Its a set up...this guy is reported as saying he "bumped" into AD...I bet he did more than bump and deserved what he got....the dude is looking for a pay day...that's all....and in today's messed up world he just might get it...

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Too soon to tell...

Im sure AD's gonna get an excellent lawyer to help him out. For AD's sake, I hope this leads to a settlement so he can just pay off the dude and move on.

From the initial report it sounds like two big drunk guys acting stupid over nothing, and one dude messed with the wrong guy. Will be interested to hear what AD's lawyer has to say.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
An attorney filed a criminal complaint against Los Angeles Rams pass-rusher Aaron Donald with Pittsburgh police on Wednesday, saying the defensive tackle and others assaulted his 26-year-old client at an after-hours club last weekend.

I usually would worry about these things, but I don’t know about this one.

Everything sounds like a desire for payoff.