Puka Nacua

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Tumak61

Pro Bowler
Name
Tumak61
Can't see the Rams starting more than one rookie on Offense. Avila at Guard. Nacua could have a role but I think it will be limited to special teams for this season anyway.

Tano

Legend
Wasn't it Puka's injury history the main reason he dropped from a 3rd round pick to a 5th round pick or am I remembering things wrong - honest question

Tano

Legend
The hype of a wide receiver on a Jeff Fisher team is not the same as the hype of a wide receiver on a Sean McVay team.
We were just hoping for any receiver to be decent on a Fisher team

I mean - our starters a couple years were Dumb and Dumber for gawd sake.

Psycho_X

Legend
All of this talk of Spruce had to go look him up as I didn't know what happened to him. Can't believe he's 30 already... times flies I tell ya. Also the FAQ pro football reference puts up are funny. How is the last question frequently asked lol...
1691587125175.png

Tano

Legend
All of this talk of Spruce had to go look him up as I didn't know what happened to him. Can't believe he's 30 already... times flies I tell ya. Also the FAQ pro football reference puts up are funny. How is the last question frequently asked lol...
View attachment 60782
Must be Spruce's family asking that question a 1000 times

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Must be Spruce's family asking that question a 1000 times
Time to fess up, Tano. You and your accounting Bros were Charter Members of the Spruuuuuuce fan club! Wear that Spruce jersey proudly!

dang

Legend
I was calling Kupp a poor-man's Edelman back then.

Wonder if Puka could become the poor-man's Kupp...
We would be blessed if he warrants any comparison to Kupp. I’d be the first to praise him and thank the football gods. I’d be satisfied if he progresses a little quicker than Jefferson so the Rams have better WR options next year.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
Puka is different from Spruce. I didn't have expectations for Spruce because his skillset was nothing unique to our WR group. We already had enough intermediate possession guys.

Puka is a big guy that track a high ball and go up and get it, and he's comfortable doing that in traffic. That's something we've wanted Jefferson to do that's missing with this WR core.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I did see at least one guy from the Athletic has Puka having the best year of any rookie WR. Not that that crowns him but he is getting attention.

With Kupp out and Puka getting more Stafford reps allng with the other guys, it can’t be a bad thing.

If he could hit 40 catches 350 yards and 4 TDs that would be a great start.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I hope so but Kupp was a high 3rd round pick (#69), while Nacua was the final pick in the 5th round (#177).
Yeah, I hate to be that guy who has to rain on the parade. But there's usually a reason someone isn't drafted till then. Hopefully things were just overlooked in the draft and he turns out to be the guy some think he is. Some 3rd day picks turn out nicely.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I hate to be that guy who has to rain on the parade. But there's usually a reason someone isn't drafted till then. Hopefully things were just overlooked in the draft and he turns out to be the guy some think he is. Some 3rd day picks turn out nicely.
No one hates like a wiener dog!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I’m trying to hold myself together with Puka and Kobie Turner. I have a good feeling both are going to be above average players , maybe slightly better.
Yeah even understanding it is silly to grade picks in their first camp, it is fun to see rooks show well early. Best ones tend to do that.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Agree with everything you wrote; and I will watch every single snap of 2023 and be hopeful for good results.

Objectively and experience tell me that for the Rams to be good in 2023, a lot of young, mostly inexperienced mid-to-late round picks will have to perform well. Unfortunately, I don’t think the Rams mid-to-late round drafting has been good in recent years.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Puka is different from Spruce. I didn't have expectations for Spruce because his skillset was nothing unique to our WR group. We already had enough intermediate possession guys.

Puka is a big guy that track a high ball and go up and get it, and he's comfortable doing that in traffic. That's something we've wanted Jefferson to do that's missing with this WR core.

Yeah, Spruce was an underwhelming lumber-er on a team devoid of talent who couldn't even make the squad. The two have nothing in common with each other.