Professional Boxing

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Most top fighters dodge guys.
Pac-Man was also custom made for Floyd’s style.
I don’t think he ever had a chance of beating Floyd other than landing a punchers shot.
Basically no chance once he was older.
It's me growing up and until around 06 or 2007 every top boxer I saw knew of ,would fight the top guy.

Ali vs Frazier vs Foreman vs Norton vs Shavers vs Lyle, all the fighters from the heavyweight fought.

Then the 80s all the top 140 147 154 would fight each other and that went on till the 2000s.

Nowadays fighters know off the health/brain injuries that can cause long term damage.

Btw Floyd is looking for another fight with a MMA guy .

fearsomefour

Legend
It's me growing up and until around 06 or 2007 every top boxer I saw knew of ,would fight the top guy.

Ali vs Frazier vs Foreman vs Norton vs Shavers vs Lyle, all the fighters from the heavyweight fought.

Then the 80s all the top 140 147 154 would fight each other and that went on till the 2000s.

Nowadays fighters know off the health/brain injuries that can cause long term damage.

Btw Floyd is looking for another fight with a MMA guy .
Well, that and money.
Too much money on the table to risk a loss I guess.
Two for bills and one for the thrills, to quote Floyd.
I’m sure he will keep boxing MMA guys as it’s easy money.

fearsomefour

Legend
He did headbutt twice, but he was apologizing.

Btw his name is Victor Ortiz and there's a vid on YouTube.
I remember the fight.
Who cares if he was apologizing?
He clearly butted on purpose.
He got what he deserved.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I am trying to get into UFC, but the shelf life for these fighters seems to be very short. Also, it doesn't seem sportsman like to to pound on people who just received a punch or a kick that might have ended the fight because they are on the ground and barely coherent. I am horrified when I see the winner pounding on a defenseless fighter's head when he is clearly unconscious, several times before it's stopped.
I too saw that Ray Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim fight and it was one hell of a fight, with each fighter laying the wood. They were almost identical fighters, and Kim got caught. Kim died and Mancini wasn't the same fighter after that.
They really should fix that.

The corners are supposed to stop the fight, but so many of those fighters just believe in themselves enough that can and (rarely) still do find ways to win.

In the end, the fighters are so adamant that the corners comply with this that it ultimately falls on the refs to stop it sooner.

An then you have a fight like Smith vs Tiexeira where the whole world wanted the ref stop the fight sooner, and Anthony Smith tried to make a case that the fight was stopped too soon.

If only more corners would prioritize their fighters health...

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ok tonight Spence vs Garica,should be a Good One.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Boxing was the sport when I was a kid. Last fight I watched was Pacquiao/Mayweather, which reminded me why i had no interest
Much more interested in UFC although the ESPN deal is killing the sport.
Fortunate to have seen so many greats, from Tyson to Sugar Ray Leonard, Hagler (I still think he won the fight) Hearns, Benitez were all great.
Aaron Pryor and Alexis Arguello had some amazing fights, Pryor is one of the most under rated fighters of all time.
loved watching Barry McGuigan fight, seemingly broke his nose in every fight lol.
Sadly I can remember where I was when i watched the Ray Boom Boom Mancini vs Duk Koo Kim fight.
too many divisions, mass corruption and the fall of Tyson pretty much ended my affection For the sport.
I was definitely drawn back in to boxing with the Trilogy between Irish Micky Ward and Arturo Gatti, but really had no interest after that

I remember sitting on my couch in the middle of the night watching HBO's Boxing After Dark for that first fight... Gatti couldn't throw his right as he broke it early and they just BATTLED. I had young children in the little apartment we had at the time and so I was whisper shouting my cheers. Was maybe the greatest back and forth fight I've ever seen. The 2nd and 3rd fights couldn't live up to the first one, but that was because the 1st one was one of the most enjoyable fights maybe ever.

I met Ray Mancini. His kids went to school with my kids. He's a really nice guy. Soft spoken. I shook his hands and told him I always rooted for him, which was true. Got a big smile from him.

Agree that Hagler won that fight. Ray admitted to cheating as well. He had an external time keeper who'd shout out 30 seconds and after running for 2:30, he'd flurry and steal the round. At one point, Hagler just looks at him and says, "Fight me, bitch" and Leonard responded, "nooo no" and kept running. But yeah, cheating with the external time keeper in such a big fight was really crappy. It's not "wetting the gauze" outrageous, but it was bad.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Ok they're in the ring, Are You Ready to Fight.....