Pro Wrestling Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
It would certainly pop the crowd if Rollins wins... but one problem then with the rest of your plan is that we've seen Rollins vs. Ziggler a LOT on RAW...

True but at least they are entertaining matches. In a big title situation they would put on a show. I'd like to Ziggler get a shot at Lesner give him all he has and have Rollins cash in. Or Ambrose get a shot but I think it's to early for him.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm hoping Punk doesnt get his azz beat in the UFC match
Smackdown moving to Thursday night? Wow.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh, wow, was I not impressed by the ending of RAW with Cena bringing The Authority back because Seth Rollins forced him to because otherwise he'd Curb Stomp Edge's neck (which was the cause of Edge's retirement). Yes, you have to suspend disbelief with this product, but the reaction to a show shouldn't be "OK, if that doesn't cause any kind of legal repercussions, why doesn't Cena just show up with a gun?"

I'm hoping Punk doesnt get his azz beat in the UFC match
Smackdown moving to Thursday night? Wow.
I'm honestly surprised it lasted that long on Fridays (known as the "Death Spot" on TV). They only moved there at the behest of a network they haven't been on in quite some time.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
Hey boffo guess who met Road Dogg today? This guy.
2r27om9.jpg

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Well, I didn't know. Guess I'd better call somebody. ;)

Nice pic!

Rams Until I Die

Pro Bowler
Name
John
Oh, wow, was I not impressed by the ending of RAW with Cena bringing The Authority back because Seth Rollins forced him to because otherwise he'd Curb Stomp Edge's neck (which was the cause of Edge's retirement). Yes, you have to suspend disbelief with this product, but the reaction to a show shouldn't be "OK, if that doesn't cause any kind of legal repercussions, why doesn't Cena just show up with a gun?"

I'm honestly surprised it lasted that long on Fridays (known as the "Death Spot" on TV). They only moved there at the behest of a network they haven't been on in quite some time.

That ending felt rushed but seemed to take forever at the same time for me if that makes sense, or I guess I could just say sloppy. Don't mind the authority being back figured it would happen soon. Gotta get that Sting vs HHH build up going if that's what they are planning.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
That ending felt rushed but seemed to take forever at the same time for me if that makes sense, or I guess I could just say sloppy. Don't mind the authority being back figured it would happen soon. Gotta get that Sting vs HHH build up going if that's what they are planning.
I felt there were ways to build a Sting-HHH feud without having to bring back the Authority in a position of power (and thus pretty much render what won their match of the year award completely irrelevant). And I really wish they'd stop trying to rehash Mr. McMahon vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin because it's never worked without those two.

My main beef with the absolutely too long ending is just how dumb it was because it absolutely wouldn't work in the real world. If anything, the Authority might be "back", but they, Seth Rollins and The Big Show would all be in jail facing very serious criminal charges.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Pretty sad to see Edge sell out in the John Cena bit.
I know they had to set it up for the "hero" to protect him and all, but in Edge's day he'd have never shaken Cena hand.
I cant remember title matches being so irrelevant. Havent had one in forever. I thought unifying the titles would be a bummer for eliminating 1 title match in each pay per view, now they've only had title matches in what? 3 or 4 of last year?

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Pretty sad to see Edge sell out in the John Cena bit.
I know they had to set it up for the "hero" to protect him and all, but in Edge's day he'd have never shaken Cena hand.
I cant remember title matches being so irrelevant. Havent had one in forever. I thought unifying the titles would be a bummer for eliminating 1 title match in each pay per view, now they've only had title matches in what? 3 or 4 of last year?
My only trouble with that bit was Cena shaking the hand of the guy (well, ONE of the guys) who once came to his dad's house and beat him up.

But then again, it seems like everyone fighting Cena gets to beat up his dad. Orton did it too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My only trouble with that bit was Cena shaking the hand of the guy (well, ONE of the guys) who once came to his dad's house and beat him up.

But then again, it seems like everyone fighting Cena gets to beat up his dad. Orton did it too.
Yeah, they talked about that, and Edge in his day woulda told Cena he'd do it again....
I was pumped that Edge was gonna be on, and frankly the crowd didnt seem to really recognize him. I think part of the problem was having Christian out there with him. I get the whole friends since grade school thing, but frankly Edge went out on top and Christian went out as a broken down whiner....

I gave up on WWE playing the "could happen in real life" stuff when they were promoting the anti bullying gig, yet many of the storylines at the time were all about bullying. (Ryback for instance was beating up concession stands people)

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I guess my ass better call somebody*
In recent appearances, it's been changed to "You'd better call somebody." Probably because of the PG rating of the current WWE product.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
In recent appearances, it's been changed to "You'd better call somebody." Probably because of the PG rating of the current WWE product.
PG?!?! IN MY WRESTLING. I better insult everything to show how much of a cool Attitude Era fanboy I am.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
PG?!?! IN MY WRESTLING. I better insult everything to show how much of a cool Attitude Era fanboy I am.
I'd rather have that any day rather than a fan who insists everything Japanese or TNA (Although the latter is NOT common at all anymore*) is better than the best WWE can currently offer.

*Of course, I currently consider NXT to be the clear #2 wrestling brand in America right now... ;)

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'd rather have that any day rather than a fan who insists everything Japanese or TNA (Although the latter is NOT common at all anymore*) is better than the best WWE can currently offer.

*Of course, I currently consider NXT to be the clear #2 wrestling brand in America right now... ;)
I haven't watched TNA in years,but the last time I left it was bilge water with Hulkster and his bros killing it just like they destroyed WCW. You gotta think Sting hates those guys personally now. Only thing TNA had up on the WWE was they knew how to use their highflyers appropriately without all the life shortening danger, but from what I last saw they had neutered the X-Division, so that was basically shit too.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I haven't watched TNA in years,but the last time I left it was bilge water with Hulkster and his bros killing it just like they destroyed WCW. You gotta think Sting hates those guys personally now. Only thing TNA had up on the WWE was they knew how to use their highflyers appropriately without all the life shortening danger, but from what I last saw they had neutered the X-Division, so that was basically crap too.
I think TNA's problem in a nutshell (other than starting just as Jeff Jarrett's vanity promotion) was that they should have based their promotion on their in house talent and used WWE castoffs to enhance the product.

Instead, just like WCW, WWE castoffs ended up being the focus and it came across as watered down WWE.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I think TNA's problem in a nutshell (other than starting just as Jeff Jarrett's vanity promotion) was that they should have based their promotion on their in house talent and used WWE castoffs to enhance the product.

Instead, just like WCW, WWE castoffs ended up being the focus and it came across as watered down WWE.
You're exactly right. I basically say the same thing to anybody I talk to TNA about, it became WWE Lite. More specifically, it tries to be Attitude Era Jr. Right down to unnecessarily dropping swears to unnecessarily ramped up intercompany drama. It comes across as less daring and edgy and more annoying and overdone because it's been almost 20 years since that shit was fresh and new. TNA was at it's best when it was it's own thing, when it was just lightly poking fun at WWE with Shark Boy and BG James and Kip basically all but screaming they were the New Age Outlaws. Affectionate shit like that before it became outright coattail riding. Hulk has every last single one of Vince's problems and then some. He thinks people want to see big, beefy guys who beat up on each other before being winded in under 12 seconds flat, sees a story line being successful and can't move past it, has to rehash it several times and just generally doesn't treat anybody who works for him with any respect.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
You're exactly right. I basically say the same thing to anybody I talk to TNA about, it became WWE Lite. More specifically, it tries to be Attitude Era Jr. Right down to unnecessarily dropping swears to unnecessarily ramped up intercompany drama. It comes across as less daring and edgy and more annoying and overdone because it's been almost 20 years since that crap was fresh and new. TNA was at it's best when it was it's own thing, when it was just lightly poking fun at WWE with Shark Boy and BG James and Kip basically all but screaming they were the New Age Outlaws. Affectionate crap like that before it became outright coattail riding. Hulk has every last single one of Vince's problems and then some. He thinks people want to see big, beefy guys who beat up on each other before being winded in under 12 seconds flat, sees a story line being successful and can't move past it, has to rehash it several times and just generally doesn't treat anybody who works for him with any respect.
And then after Attitude Era Jr. began to fail, they tried to be ECW without actually saying ECW... didn't work either.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
And then after Attitude Era Jr. began to fail, they tried to be ECW without actually saying ECW... didn't work either.
Their first mistake was getting rid of the ring. It was the only thing differentiating it, giving it any flavor. It was a huge mistake to downgrade and they lost a lot of their appeal in I think. Doesn't help the way they present it makes it looks like some low budget, local cable provider wrestling program shot in a high school gym.