Pro Soccer vs. American Flag Football League

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Dangling on the edge.

Hopefully there is reason to continue discussion on it.
Wasn’tmeant To trash on any fan base. Soccer is boring to me and flag football was exciting to me, is all. Shut it down if you want, CGI.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wasn’tmeant To trash on any fan base. Soccer is boring to me and flag football was exciting to me, is all. Shut it down if you want, CGI.
Then a topic about how exciting that AFFL games were would have done just fine. No need to be negative about something else that brought about all these positive comments.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then a topic about how exciting that AFFL games were would have done just fine. No need to be negative about something else that brought about all these positive comments.
Your opinion.

ViennaMax

Rookie
Pro soccer....flag football.
Well, tackle football is turning into flag football.
Faking an injury is "part of the game" is soccer?
Soccer is for puss***.
Watched a little practice of a couple of summer flag football teams where I live and it was atrocious.
I will go for a walk or go fish.

what a class act you are... :rolleyes:

this thread overall makes me kind of sad

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Your opinion.
LOL You say you wanted to talk about how exciting the flag football was. But didn't mean to trash soccer fans. Simple fact not opinion. If that was really your intention then what I suggested was the way to do it. What you did was in fact trashing soccer fans and that feeling was piled on by others. You insulted a sport and it's fans, "no offense but" famous words before any insult.

Edit and technically you didn't even need to do that as CGI started a thread on that AFFL a few weeks ago.

Last edited:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL You say you wanted to talk about how exciting the flag football was. But didn't mean to trash soccer fans. Simple fact not opinion. If that was really your intention then what I suggested was the way to do it. What you did was in fact trashing soccer fans and that feeling was piled on by others. You insulted a sport and it's fans, "no offense but" famous words before any insult.

Edit and technically you didn't even need to do that as CGI started a thread on that AFFL a few weeks ago.
You are getting crazy now. Look at my original post and realize that I said I was not a soccer fan. If you want to get on a high horse about this thread, that is your choice. My intention was to point to it how exciting the flag football league was for me in contrast to soccer. I never mentioned a word about soccer fans, you did. If you want take insult from my POV, man that’s entirely up to you.

We are done here.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Shut this thread down please, CGI.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
2eisth.jpg

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I grew up around soccer but I never like it . It was fun to play at a younger age but watching it is no fun at all .cant commit 2 hours of my time to watch someone pass a ball around

I tried watching a couple games during the world cup and both went into pk shootouts. Just not enough action to keep me entertained.

I will deffinately be watching flag football, its exciting, fast paced and I know who most of the players are . I think this flag football leauge will blow up and become bigtime during NFL off season.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I grew up around soccer but I never like it . It was fun to play at a younger age but watching it is no fun at all .cant commit 2 hours of my time to watch someone pass a ball around

I tried watching a couple games during the world cup and both went into pk shootouts. Just not enough action to keep me entertained.

I will deffinately be watching flag football, its exciting, fast paced and I know who most of the players are . I think this flag football leauge will blow up and become bigtime during NFL off season.
One positive similarity between the two sports, playing the two sports, rather, is the running. Man, you have to be a running fool to play both!....I just love watching the passing part, and the cutting ability I saw, avoiding those flag pullers. Plus the scoring!. Really liked it.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Soccer you are always running and you have to be in incredible shape from a cardiovascular standpoint, it's just constant and I always respected soccer players in my younger years because running all the time I did not enjoy. Once I was in the military and started running long distance then the opportunity to play the sport was there, but I preferred Rugby and of course football instead.

Overall I was never big on Soccer because they just don't score enough, I can appreciate the skill, however, IMHO, tough to watch a 0-0 draw. Both of my children played Soccer, however, found their love of other sports, but overall I will always choose American Football of any kind over Soccer and that's understandable being that is the sport I played, coached and loved since I've been blessed to be on this earth.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Soccer you are always running and you have to be in incredible shape from a cardiovascular standpoint, it's just constant and I always respected soccer players in my younger years because running all the time I did not enjoy. Once I was in the military and started running long distance then the opportunity to play the sport was there, but I preferred Rugby and of course football instead.

Overall I was never big on Soccer because they just don't score enough, I can appreciate the skill, however, IMHO, tough to watch a 0-0 draw. Both of my children played Soccer, however, found their love of other sports, but overall I will always choose American Football of any kind over Soccer and that's understandable being that is the sport I played, coached and loved since I've been blessed to be on this earth.
How about playing "both ways" in the 1950's NFL, for 60 minutes?

…..

Legend
Can't get back the time I wasted reading this thread.

Maybe we can move it to an appropriate forum and prevent the next unsuspecting innocent from losing any of their time.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
How about playing "both ways" in the 1950's NFL, for 60 minutes?

Totally different then, obviously that was constant and not easy to make it through an entire season. Still, Soccer has more running, football is more physical. Knute Rockne described football was a sport where athletes could channel their aggression in sport to keep young men off the battle field.

Keep in mind, Soccer is going to pick up speed because many recognize the sport as a safer alternative to American Football and I get that. Parents will always be cautious for the most part as my sister was not allowed to play catcher for Softball as my parents feared her getting hurt, yet I caught from Little League to Babe Ruth to High School and did not get hurt.

Plus Soccer is an easier sport to fund as well, so that plays into the equation too, however, i believe there is plenty of room for both sports and I've always embraced that any sport, channeled the right way and allowing the youth to participate in athletic competition is a plus and gives them the self confidence they will need to be successful in life as I digress.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Faking an injury is "part of the game" is soccer?
Dive! Dive! Dive!

Is it better or worse than pro basketball?

I used to think that there were players known for it in hockey, but I never realized how prevalent this technique in other sports.

I think all three are WAY more fun to play than to watch. It's all of the detail and complexity of the game that draws me to football. In a casual sense, I don't mind watching soccer though, but indoor soccer is almost as bad as arena football to me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I look forward to the American Flag Football League World Cup.........oh that's right they'll never be one.

Yeah it'll be called Super Bowl 100. By that time the NFL will be a flag football event.

I'll take MLS any day man, even with the occasional flop. Those games are fun as hell to attend, it's an event with a score or three. Not as good as hockey (faster/more condensed version), but a great way to spend an afternoon.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I bet you enjoy a bit of wing wizardry don’t you @Merlin??!