Pro Soccer vs. American Flag Football League

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
TRIGGER ALERT!:I've never liked soccer, so let's get that out front right off.

Partially because I used to be a big baseball guy and soccer leagues back in the day were stealing players from little league and other baseball institutions. That was my perception anyway, right or wrong. I also was bored by the game, and think the best part of the game are the Latino announcers, who call a game in a very exciting way. Otherwise, it seems like a disorganized back and forth while kicking and passing a round ball...every once in awhile, there is a score.

1-0 is often a winning score :wtf:

This year was eye opening for me in regard to pro flag football. It was fun to watch, with the type of players being fast and able to work both sides of the ball. I played flag football in a county league when I was kid, and I forgot how much fun it was. It is low impact and probably has fewer concussions than soccer since "heading" the ball isn't a thing in flag football. Next year, I will watch the AFFL in the NFL offseason, as I came to the game late this year. Plus, it's not freakin' soccer!:rockon:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
16dt9t.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I look forward to the American Flag Football League World Cup.........oh that's right they'll never be one.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
The only country on the planet that isn't obsessed with 'soccer' (ugh) is the US. You're all missing something evidently. I love the NFL but real football will always be my true love.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
The Simpsons pretty much nailed it for most Americans... This is spot on for me. The only thing they missed were the fake injuries and those babies rolling all over the field crying. That shit is almost embarrassing to watch.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

i like watching football when it's played positively. but there's something inherently wrong with a sport that allows a team to park the bus and win games. case in point the france v belgium semi final in the world cup. first half was great to watch. but once france scored a goal they just stayed back and defended. no way through for belgium. the game became a snooze fest. is there any other sport in the world where this can happen?

fearsomefour

Legend
Pro soccer....flag football.
Well, tackle football is turning into flag football.
Faking an injury is "part of the game" is soccer?
Soccer is for puss***.
Watched a little practice of a couple of summer flag football teams where I live and it was atrocious.
I will go for a walk or go fish.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Surprised this has been open as long as it has. Usually threads that shit on a portion of the membership don't stick around long.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Surprised this has been open as long as it has. Usually threads that crap on a portion of the membership don't stick around long.

Dangling on the edge.

Hopefully there is reason to continue discussion on it.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Some of you guys are a little harsh in your opinions

Two of my top 10 all time sports moments

USA defeats Mexico World Cup round of 16 in 2002, that was one exiting match - our south of the border amigos sure as hell didn’t see THAT coming

Or the amazing Donovan goal vs Algeria WC 2010 - only the Gibson homerun rates higher for sheer last second drama in my book (sorry Robert Horry)

To compare this with flag football is sorta wierd

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I've never found soccer to be very interesting. The only time I enjoy it is near the end when one team is desperately trying to score. Otherwise, it's pretty boring except for some isolated moments. Plus, I hate the flopping. It's worse than basketball, which is saying something.

i like watching football when it's played positively. but there's something inherently wrong with a sport that allows a team to park the bus and win games. case in point the france v belgium semi final in the world cup. first half was great to watch. but once france scored a goal they just stayed back and defended. no way through for belgium. the game became a snooze fest. is there any other sport in the world where this can happen?

Has Jeff Fisher found a new team yet?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
:rockon:
The Simpsons pretty much nailed it for most Americans... This is spot on for me. The only thing they missed were the fake injuries and those babies rolling all over the field crying. That crap is almost embarrassing to watch.

OMG, this is brilliant!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some of you guys are a little harsh in your opinions

Two of my top 10 all time sports moments

USA defeats Mexico World Cup round of 16 in 2002, that was one exiting match - our south of the border amigos sure as hell didn’t see THAT coming

Or the amazing Donovan goal vs Algeria WC 2010 - only the Gibson homerun rates higher for sheer last second drama in my book (sorry Robert Horry)

To compare this with flag football is sorta wierd
Not really...Flag football is at least exciting...and they score more than two points a game. *shrugs.