Pro Days...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
Have not heard that criticism about him yet. Everything I’ve seen was in regards to his physical traits and injury history. Him not being able to read a defense is news to me.
My scouting is limited to what I can find online, but he often appears to go through his reads very quickly and then try to force a throw. He struggles badly under pressure and doesn’t appear to adapt to changes in defensive alignment particularly well, either.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm not sure what makes you say his head is a mess, what do you know that makes you say this? Also, if he does have some issues like you claim this may cause him to fall in the draft and the Rams make take a late round flier on him. They took a shot at Bennett why not take one on Milton if things are like your claim.
I said he’s a mess. Not his head. Meaning he’s got the arm but he doesn’t have the rest. I wouldn’t waste a pick on him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
There's absolutely no way I take Milton. He's easily the least accurate quarterback in this class; I don't even think he knows where he's throwing it to most of the time. Big-time arm, big-time athleticism, but it doesn't mean a thing if he couldn't hit the water if he was standing on a small raft in the middle of the Pacific.

Memphis Ram

Legend
There's absolutely no way I take Milton. He's easily the least accurate quarterback in this class; I don't even think he knows where he's throwing it to most of the time. Big-time arm, big-time athleticism, but it doesn't mean a thing if he couldn't hit the water if he was standing on a small raft in the middle of the Pacific.
Sounds like Anthony Richardson from the prior draft to me.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I'd use one of our 3rds on him.
I pray not ..... made bad decisions at Tennessee, continued to make bad decisions during Senior Bowl practices and is not accurate. I Just don't understand what people see in this player

WestCoastRam

Legend
Sounds like Anthony Richardson from the prior draft to me.
Richardson was waaaaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaay more accurate and able to read a defense and trusted what he saw so he could throw on time and that was in a Fisher style offense that didn't help him do that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Not sure where you're getting that from. In fact the exact opposite has been coming out about him.

He won an award during senior bowl week

Want to make a bet on if he’s an NFL starter for very long?

He’s the tenth rated QB in this draft. He is even behind Jordan Travis. Sure, he has a strong arm, but it’s not accurate in games. Jamarcus Russell had a strong arm too. Lots of QBs were drafted for their arm. The ones that stick can run an NFL offense and read a defense. Milton struggled to run a college offense.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
I pray not ..... made bad decisions at Tennessee, continued to make bad decisions during Senior Bowl practices and is not accurate. I Just don't understand what people see in this player

65% completion.. 5 interceptions .. and 30 Td passes in 430 attempts?

Those aren't the numbers of an inaccurate QB

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

He’s the tenth rated QB in this draft. He is even behind Jordan Travis. Sure, he has a strong arm, but it’s not accurate in games. Jamarcus Russell had a strong arm too. Lots of QBs were drafted for their arm. The ones that stick can run an NFL offense and read a defense. Milton struggled to run a college offense.
I love Joe Milton, loved at Michigan especially when he played against Ohio State. Loved that he transfered to the Volunteer State & Tennessee with the checkered board end zone. Milton can run, he can throw, plus he simply is a delight to converse with, but that adage of the hot looking lady that is single and always in between relationships comes to mind.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29

Sorry but 65% with 30 tds and 5 picks in 430 attempts doesn't support the idea he's not accurate in games..

And I'm not sue why JaMarcus Russell is brought up considering how many bad QBs have been drafted early far more recently... many if whom left college with numbers not as good as Milton... yet nobody had a problem drafting them high... and now looking stupid for doing so.

Here my bet... Joe Milton playing under McVay and behind Stafford for a year or so would set him up pretty well to succeed considering his talent.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry but 65% with 30 tds and 5 picks in 430 attempts doesn't support the idea he's not accurate in games..

And I'm not sue why JaMarcus Russell is brought up considering how many bad QBs have been drafted early far more recently... many if whom left college with numbers not as good as Milton... yet nobody had a problem drafting them high... and now looking stupid for doing so.

Here my bet... Joe Milton playing under McVay and behind Stafford for a year or so would set him up pretty well to succeed considering his talent.
We’ve seen guys succeed in college that haven’t succeeded in the NFL every year. Every draft. So you are claiming by showing those numbers that scouts are wrong. Those look like number one overall numbers. However, he’s rated behind Pratt and Travis.

I don’t see Milton running a complex offense and he’s struggled reading defenses in college, especially if his first read isn’t open. The NFL defenses are going to be even harder for him to read. He’s also too quick to make a decision, which often wasn’t the right one. So sure, Milton completes a pass to the runningback where if he waits another second he has a guy streaking wide open downfield. That strikes me as a one read QB. I don’t believe Milton will be a starter in the NFL. He could be a backup for a few years.

In other words, he won’t be able to process quickly enough. That is the number one reason most drafted NFL QBs fail. The NFL game is too complex and way too fast for them to deal with.