Pressure washer

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I’ve never owned one. Looking at one now. How many PSI do I need? I don’t need to remove paint or anything - just clean off the pool deck, driveway, maybe wash a car once in a blue moon. Any recommendations?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Whatever is currently at Costco/Sam's Club. Electric will be fine for what you are using it for.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If you get gas, you want a Honda engine on it, 5HP is plenty, 2100-2400 PSI will do everything you'll ever need it to do. And even if it comes with the ability to put bleach in it, don't.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
If you get gas, you want a Honda engine on it, 5HP is plenty, 2100-2400 PSI will do everything you'll ever need it to do. And even if it comes with the ability to put bleach in it, don't.
And, always put NON-Ethanol fuel in it.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys. I’m looking at an electric 2300 psi at Lowe’s. Green works or something like that.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Bought one at Sams in 98. Still have it. It was 4,000 PSI when I bought it. Has a Honda engine. If it's not a Honda engine, walk away. Next is the pump. Pumps usually cost less than the engine. A Triplex pressure pump will cost more but last longer. Something likes this. Also, go to your local paint stores, sometimes they have deals on them.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
BTW, if you plan on doing your driveway with that little GreenWorks, plan on 3 days. :)

Buy bigger than what you think you need. Because somewhere down the line you will wish you had.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW, if you plan on doing your driveway with that little GreenWorks, plan on 3 days. :)

oh really?

crap

I have a pretty big driveway and a pool deck.

shoukd I move to something else?

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
oh really?

crap

I have a pretty big driveway and a pool deck.

shoukd I move to something else?
The best way to do driveways and big deck areas are with a rotary. Something like this.

My recommendation is something like 2700 PSI 2-3 GPM, gas-operated. And since you are using it for home use, that disk will work fine for you. Also, never leave the unit to run for more than 5 minutes without pulling the trigger to release pressure. You can burn out the pump.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Also, a 25 ft hose ain't shit. Although at times I wish I had one. It may be enough for you. Also check out local pressure washing sales shops. Most Cities have them, you just need to find them.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
If you can keep it somewhere it won't freeze. I had both of my power washers in my garden shed. I made a point to empty the water but the pumps froze.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I have had two over the last decade got both of them @ Sams Club. The Honda engine is a must. I wore out my first after 3 yrs it had the Honda 160 engine but it was the water pump that broke down.

I went out & bought the larger pressure washer with the 190 Honda engine & the bigger pressure pump. This works best for me. I control the pressure by the four assorted tips. I do not use any caustic detergents in the fluid container. I just use dawn and a little amount of vinegar. I always keep the pump free of any standing-in-line detergents.

I am lazy & leave my washer out in the weather (NWFL) where I use it most. I got tired of trying to roll the thing around on hilly & uneven surfaces. I just cover the top of the unit to help protect the gas tank lid from rain. It's over 7 yr old now no repairs have been done as of yet. The brand is BlackMax. The two-wheel units are a pain in the posterior for a tall guy to roll around. The bar handle is made for very very short humans.

Marine-grade premium non-ethanol gas is also a must-do! Be prepared to replace your pressure hose on a regular basis, best to have the shorter 25 ft hose if possible. I would not go cheap on the hose. The hard plastic-covered type will kink & break up fast. The softer thicker plastic more costly hose is best long term. Never let the washer run for any amount of time without using it. Best to turn it off.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Overkill probably for your needs, but several years ago I purchased a commercial hot water diesel powered pressure washer for my restaurant, I also added a steam valve for deep cleaning the greasy gunk. It works wonders on the hood ventilation system & filters, and is great for cleaning engines and heavy equipment, concrete as well as all the small jobs in no time flat. I never tried it on asphalt. One thing it did do was remove the paint from the kitchen & prep room floors of the restaurant, I had to redo those.

Last edited:

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
Just saw this thread, how frikken bizarre.... I just bought a pressure washer yesterday!! Arrives Wednesday. It's for the new home we buy in Florida. Where we will definitely have a pool deck area, plus lots of mold and mildew I hear down there!

I went with this bad boy, it was the best rated with like a combined 1% of 2 stars or less out of 2000 reviews.

Last edited:

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
Just saw this thread, how frikken bizarre.... I just bought a pressure washer yesterday!! Arrives Wednesday. It's for the new home we buy in Florida. Where we will definitely have a pool deck area, plus lots of mold and mildew I hear down there!

I went with this bad boy, it was the best rated with like a combined 1% of 2 stars or less out of 2000 reviews.

Rule one in FL. Bleach or chlorine does not kill mold and mildew. Just plants.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I’ve never owned one. Looking at one now. How many PSI do I need? I don’t need to remove paint or anything - just clean off the pool deck, driveway, maybe wash a car once in a blue moon. Any recommendations?

It’s all in the tip. Get as powerful as you can afford. The various tips can change the pressure.

If you ever shut it off or run out of gas. Pull the pressure hose handle to decrease pressure. I tried to restart mine and I thought I locked it up and ruined the engine.

nighttrain

Legend
used to clean and stain decks for $ around local lake, 3000 psi is a good place to be, dont buy to small or you will waste bucu time. Geterdone..... i have a brand new spray gun for sale for staining deck, if interested 1/2 price and still in package. pm me
train