Predict Rams Trade Market Outcome

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

The Rams will…

• Trade for an A list (starter, Pro Bowl caliber) player.

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Trade for a role player/depth.

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Trade Akers and otherwise stand pat.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Do nothing.

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
What do you predict the Rams will do between now and the trade deadline?

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I can't click any of those choices.
I don't think they'll necessarily get an A list player... but that doesn't mean they won't get an A list talent. Some guys have great talent but have been injured a lot.. or in a wrong fit.
People have brought up Montez Sweat, for example... he doesn't fit into any of those.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I like to see them go out and get Kamara. Saints 2-5, no decent QB. No guaranteed money. An acceptable cap hit/savings.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Need a RB that can make some of his own holes or at least turn a 1 yrd run into a 3 yrd run or more by breaking tackles.

D'Onta Foreman would work. 6-1 235 lbs and the Panthers don't need him.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Need a RB that can make some of his own holes or at least turn a 1 yrd run into a 3 yrd run or more by breaking tackles.

D'Onta Foreman would work. 6-1 235 lbs and the Panthers don't need him.

Panthers just traded away their RB1. What makes you think they don’t need him?

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
if cheap, like for a 6th, or Cam, I would like to get wr Kadarius Toney.
train

Incredible talent and they have similar player in Wan'dale Robinson so I would think they would listen to trade offers.Only thing is if McVay couldn't get Akers on board Toney is a bigger headcase.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Panthers just traded away their RB1. What makes you think they don’t need him?
Because they are in fire sale mode. The more losses this yr the better. They will go after a top QB next yr. Wins hurt that pursuit.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Incredible talent and they have similar player in Wan'dale Robinson so I would think they would listen to trade offers.Only thing is if McVay couldn't get Akers on board Toney is a bigger headcase.
He is? What has he done? I remember punching a cowboys player but that’s about it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I figure Akers is cut after they trade for a RB. Teams know the Rams want him gone. This has to be a shrewd addition or our chances will be significantly lessened. We don't have enough in the backfield. The rook could save us, granted, but lot of room for that to go sideways so it is unlikely. We need an addition.

Edge might be more a Fowler type move than Von. But we need to take a shot on a player that can give us at least another solid option. And maybe they get a good young rusher, though I am doubtful we have the picks to pull that off.

Yes we have a rook edge I am intrigued by too, but clearly this is the time to move past rainbows and unicorns and add a couple dependable pieces to this roster.

I think hitting on those two things are stronger than adding CMC by himself. So diversify here and turn it into a stronger team.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
He is? What has he done? I remember punching a cowboys player but that’s about it.
I just remember he had some red flags before the draft, pulled over with assault rifle while at Florida.He also tends to pout on sideline if he doesn't get targets.

nighttrain

Legend
Another reason why we have AD, to keep headcases in line!
train

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
My guess is both a trade involving Akers and a role player/depth. I don't see a high end starter happening.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't click any of those choices.
I don't think they'll necessarily get an A list player... but that doesn't mean they won't get an A list talent. Some guys have great talent but have been injured a lot.. or in a wrong fit.
People have brought up Montez Sweat, for example... he doesn't fit into any of those.
FWIW, I’d have no qualms about listing Sweat in the A list category.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I figure Akers is cut after they trade for a RB. Teams know the Rams want him gone. This has to be a shrewd addition or our chances will be significantly lessened. We don't have enough in the backfield. The rook could save us, granted, but lot of room for that to go sideways so it is unlikely. We need an addition.

Edge might be more a Fowler type move than Von. But we need to take a shot on a player that can give us at least another solid option. And maybe they get a good young rusher, though I am doubtful we have the picks to pull that off.

Yes we have a rook edge I am intrigued by too, but clearly this is the time to move past rainbows and unicorns and add a couple dependable pieces to this roster.

I think hitting on those two things are stronger than adding CMC by himself. So diversify here and turn it into a stronger team.
If the Rams can add a very solid edge rusher... the floor would be Fowler-ish... the line gets healthy... and they can develop a reliable running game.. this team can compete at the highest levels.
Yep.. niners will be a challenge.. I'm not as freaked about CMC in some ways, because they Rams have upgraded their run D. Add a Bobby Brown to the rotation to keep the main guys fresh.. and a legit edge.. and they should be really good on D.

RB? It could be anything from a low-end power back like Foreman as some have suggested.. to a guy with serious upside like Gibson. Either one could help.. and if Williams really is a talent.. bringing in a Foreman makes sense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I like to see them go out and get Kamara. Saints 2-5, no decent QB. No guaranteed money. An acceptable cap hit/savings.
Kamara would be fantastic but his contract is fugly.

1666376842487.png