“Post Reactions”

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Okay, behind the scenes configuration work has been completed with these guys;

DE2D69D6-8263-403F-A206-E0CE4A7EBC2A.jpeg

In short, they mean something. We are all familiar with “likes”. Normally these are displayed with your message count under your avatar.

AF075D3C-854B-4354-BC4E-6713059F32AA.jpeg

These smiley buttons are called reactions. But, they are basically “likes”. So let’s define them:

Thumbs up = 1 like
Smiley-HaHa = 1 like
Cheers = 1 like
Horns Up = 1 like
Thread Winner = 2 likes
Unsure = neutral 0 like
Ouch = neutral 0 like
Chill = -1 like
Inappropriate = -2 likes

But, again, these are now called reactions, and the total is your “reaction score”.

So, that’s how we tally likes now that we use a reaction rating system.

The total under your avatar is the reaction score. I may swap out the thumbs up symbol there. But this is a total of all.

All likes from old ROD were migrated over. On your profile page (click your avatar upper right of screen) the old ROD likes are in the blue thumbs up along with any received since new ROD.

A89D49E7-60AF-461D-AFFD-5E9E4F4CD834.jpeg

The others, however are new and therefore starting to add up now.

The goal of the likes system was to give post feedback. Reactions are no different and serve to encourage positive engagement.

And lastly, the inappropriate rating allows members to help moderation when required. Any post accumulating -4 reaction score will be hidden for moderators to review.

No abuse of ratings will be tolerated as we’ll all see it happening.

Cheers!

CGI and Admin Team

PS: we’ll clean up these stickies soon.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

One of our advantages; we have established members and the rules are understood. This allows us to leverage community moderation, which is the benefit of a reaction based system.

Our members can moderate a post by ratings.

If a member or post is racking up a bunch of “chill” or “inappropriate” ratings... might be a good indication something is off track.

(y)

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
I guess I've been misusing the Ouch--I thought it was for if somebody got a good burn on Pete Carroll or something.:p

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I guess I've been misusing the Ouch--I thought it was for if somebody got a good burn on Pete Carroll or something.:p
Damn. Same. That means I have to reply and say "daaayuuuuum" or something now.

We still have ouch. It’s the pill symbol, now. Is that what you mean?

AC7615FC-C3D0-48FA-9B20-177412D34751.jpeg

Q729

Legend
We still have ouch. It’s the pill symbol, now. Is that what you mean?

View attachment 30038
Hmm. We've just been using it like a reaction to someone's injury or when someone had a nice burn on something. I didn't know it affected someone's rating. I guess it doesn't since it's neutral, but a good burn deserves something doesn't it? lol

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That would replace horns up.....

I won't be using the 'horns up' as it resembles gang & devil worship signs imo. Maybe that comes from living in a big city for so long. Much prefer the high 5, no misinterpreting that.
It was also good to have on the record what and how many of these signs we were using. I liked knowing which posters were rewarding other posters for content, and those who rarely rewarded anybody. jmo.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyway to have a tiny Asian lady jumping up and down screaming " are you crazy are you crazy"? Asking for a friend.