Poll: Best Hangover Restaurant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best Hangover Restaurant

• Total voters

Q729

Legend
Man, in the beginning it was Denny's. Always went with the Moon Over My Hammy. Sometimes Village Inn with the Philly Cheese Steak skillet which I don't think they have anymore. Then it just went to IHOP with the simple short stack of 'cakes with bacon and eggs.

McDonald's and Taco Bell for still drunk but hungry food. And White Castle just needs to franchise out already!

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
1618715759453.png

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
a place called Dominic's was my choice of eatery after over indulgence. meatball omelette was the top pick. even after i prayed to the porcelain goddess one time, I came back and had a nice meal. never seemed to dawn on me while my hiatal hernia was always acting up on me.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anybody that will make a good chili cheese burger or omelette and serves Coca Cola. That combination will cure you.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
This looks like a craving food.

235465442_2b682bc9a9_b.jpg
That resembles chili, but it's not. Think of filling for a pastitsio. It's like Texas chili, but different with cinnamon and clove.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
That resembles chili, but it's not. Think of filling for a pastitsio. It's like Texas chili, but different with cinnamon and clove.

So... if not chili, what would you call it? :D

I’ve driven by a Skyline Chili a few times but never when needing food. Never stopped.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
They may have closed actually.
Headed that way relatively soon, will check and see.
Did you ever hit up Scrubby N Lloyd’s for a burger back in the day?
Nope. Drawing a blank now but there was a cafe in Atascadero that was our go to. Started with an H.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
So... if not chili, what would you call it? :D

I’ve driven by a Skyline Chili a few times but never when needing food. Never stopped.
I don't know. Chili's usually hearty and spicy. This isn't, it's sweet and less hearty. Do we have any Greek members on this board? They might have a name for the chili filling in the pastitsio. Otherwise, just call it Skyline.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
We have a place in Sacramento called Willie J's. They say to compare to Tommy's as they have chili burgers on the menu. I say nay, nay. Not even close.
I've tried to copy Tommy's chili and I just cant get it 100% right...I can remember many of late night early mornings standing in a block long line at the LA original location in the 70's...after 6 AM if you wanted they would fry an egg and put it on their chili burger....yummy....cured many of my teenage handovers.....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I've tried to copy Tommy's chili and I just cant get it 100% right...I can remember many of late night early mornings standing in a block long line at the LA original location in the 70's...after 6 AM if you wanted they would fry an egg and put it on their chili burger....yummy....cured many of my teenage handovers.....
An egg on anything spicy is a great start to curing a hangover.

BTW... I think Tommy's used a Cincinnati chili recipe. Long, slow cook with a blend of ground pork and beef and lots of medium heat chilies and copious amounts of garlic. Didn't they also put something like a sport chili on those things?

I have to admit to only going there a couple of times and when there was a line, there was always a burrito stand near by.

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
probably your recipe is OK, just you lacking the proper attitude, or hangover I'd wager
train