Poll: Best Hangover Restaurant

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Best Hangover Restaurant

• Total voters

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
How about Love's BBQ Pit? That was always my go to as a kid for birthdays. Claud Akins signed my cast and I signed his in the lounge at that place. Back then, kids could hang with their parents in the lounge.

Of course. Their rib sauce was almost as sweet as candy, and they were a well known local establishment for years, ... seems they started having trouble when they over expanded the franchise. They also had great onion rings. Can't remember, were they on Victory Blvd. ?

Tano

Legend
I wonder how many of you are old enough to remember TIP's Restaurant at the I-5 and Lyons intersection in Newhall/Valencia ? They had the tallest sign for miles so it could be easily seen from the freeway. The restaurant itself wasn't much more than a good diner, but it was the back-room bar which made the place famous, and it starred the world class mixologist Bobby Batugo, his Polynesian drinks won many awards (1'st place ribbons occupied an entire wall). Everything was made from scratch, no bulk purchased commercial mixes in this lounge.

It's truly amazing what we could get away with in the 70's & 80's, for when my buddies and I would make our Tip's runs on our Harley's, we'd be pretty wasted on our return home and often exceeded 100 mph while losing parts off our rides. We'd occasionally see cars pulled over by the CHP, but they always left us alone. Of course, looking back on this, we were foolish to behave this way, we were young & dumb and enjoying the wind in our face and an ultimate freedom, but we all survived it and somehow avoided the DUI's & jail.
I only went to Valencia when I went to Magic Mountain. And I can't remember that sign unless it was farther north of Magic Mountain.

Then I rarely went farther north unless I went four wheeling up near Mammoth Mountains or north of Palmdale

Tano

Legend
Of course. Their rib sauce was almost as sweet as candy, and they were a well known local establishment for years, ... seems they started having trouble when they over expanded the franchise. They also had great onion rings. Can't remember, were they on Victory Blvd. ?
I never went to Love's - wonder if my dad went there once and didn't like the place so he never took us kids.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I only went to Valencia when I went to Magic Mountain. And I can't remember that sign unless it was farther north of Magic Mountain.

Then I rarely went farther north unless I went four wheeling up near Mammoth Mountains or north of Palmdale

It was right at the I-5 and Lyons, on the west side of the freeway, and just south of Magic Mountain. In the 90's IHOP took it over and changed the sign, i'm not sure if it's still there since it has been so long since i've travelled that direction..

Tano

Legend
It was right at the I-5 and Lyons, on the west side of the freeway, and just south of Magic Mountain. In the 90's IHOP took it over and changed the sign.
I probably saw it but can't remember.

In addition, I only went that far north about 3 to 5 times a year.

I lived in San Pedro for 18 years Fullerton for 6 years (went to college there and no I was not a 6 year student - 4.5 years) then a couple years in La Palma then back to Pedro (I moved back in with my Parents for 3 years to save money - or you could just say I was a bum for those 3 years even though I was working my first real job then) then 2 to 3 years in Glendale then 9 years in Redondo Beach.

I loved the Redondo Beach area - lived two blocks from the beach.

So I was basically quite a bit south of the Valencia area.

What is probably funny - I probably ate at TIPs after going to Magic Mountain with my friends.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think Ventura Blvd but could be wrong.

But yeah. I think that and the expansion of Tony Roma's. Didn't they have the same "loaf" of onion rings as Roma's?

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm not much of a partier anymore but in my younger days Denny's was the shit. Breakfast, dinner, cheesecake, lunch, fried shit... so many choices.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Even in the late 60's & 70's there may have more than 1 location in the Valley, could easily be both.
Yeah. I was just looking at some history on them. Apparently they got up to 20 locations in the LA metro area. I never knew.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I think Ventura Blvd but could be wrong.

But yeah. I think that and the expansion of Tony Roma's. Didn't they have the same "loaf" of onion rings as Roma's?
There's a place I miss, Tony Roma. Great ribs there

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Prefer a pub but I went with McDonalds because it's the only one of these we have. Oh and Tim Hortons on every corner, but that shit sucks lol. McDonalds has better coffee IMO.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh and Tim Hortons on every corner, but that shit sucks lol. McDonalds has better coffee IMO.

Jon Stewart What GIF

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
It was right at the I-5 and Lyons, on the west side of the freeway, and just south of Magic Mountain. In the 90's IHOP took it over and changed the sign, i'm not sure if it's still there since it has been so long since i've travelled that direction..
I remember the sign but never went in...I have been to Love’s probably back in the 70’s.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I used to live across the street from this place when I was younger and wild. They opened at ten in the morning, and you could smell the grilled hamburgers all down Hillsboro street. In the fall or the spring, I'd have my window open, and the juicy smell of cheese burgers would waft into my room. Waking me up from a night where we were all out on the town. Double cheese burger with chili, onions and mustard.

1619783654570.png

…..

Legend
West Coast- Denny’s
East Coast- Waffle House

I worked at Denny’s during high school and the bar rush was always a thing.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I worked at Denny’s during high school and the bar rush was always a thing.

I did too for a short stretch. I did dishes quite a bit... and ate so much free bacon and sausage after the buffet closed. lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did too for a short stretch. I did dishes quite a bit... and ate so much free bacon and sausage after the buffet closed. lol.
CGI: We're gonna need some more bacon and sausage out there.
Cook: There's only 10 minutes left for the buffet, you sure?
CGI: Yeah, there's a hungry crown out there.....

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
CGI: We're gonna need some more bacon and sausage out there.
Cook: There's only 10 minutes left for the buffet, you sure?
CGI: Yeah, there's a hungry crown out there.....

Sometimes the stuff was pretty fresh because they need to keep a good buffet going. I ate a lot of French Toast too.

:alol: