Playoffs! Here we come!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
Have you never read the Game Day threads? Apparently you haven’t, otherwise you wouldn’t have typed this.
I participate in them.

There are far too many posts to read them all, but I would still hazard a guess that people are questioning individual decisions rather than McVay’s general knowledge of the game.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
200.gif

oldnotdead

Legend
All this stuff about resting the starters just look how the mini-bye messed up their momentum. No you want to go in with a convincing win over the Niners.

You have to know, that Stafford, Donald, Kupp, and JJ are thinking RING! They will want to play and announce their arrival. No one wants to back into the playoffs. If you play a good game but still get beat, okay that's the NFL. But you aren't losing to a scrub team. Shanny won't want to back into the playoffs either.

Both of these teams know there is a chance they will face off in the playoffs. It could be as soon as the divisional round. No IMO both teams will want to make a statement.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
We can beat anybody. I bet a lot of teams are like, "fck, the Rams are in."

That’s exactly what I was thinking—until yesterday’s game! Lol!
It seemed as if all of the warts showed yesterday: secondary getting torched deep, missed kicks, sloppy return coverage, defense not getting off the field on 3rd down, offense not converting on 3rd down, Stafford missing badly on a couple key passes.

Man, that game was UG-LEE! Rams had no business winning…but I’ll take it! Like they say, “champions win on a bad day.”

What I’m hanging my hat on now is, ironically, the only loss in this run—the ravens. If THAT team shows up, they will be a tough out.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Oh yeah love the positivity on the board. Now it's on to kicking 49er ass next week. After we beat the Niners who ever we play first in the playoffs will know some badass MFers are coming to town.

Who knows this just might get Morris his HC gig seeing as how he's taking all the bows for the defense not giving credit to anyone else. :eyeroll:

Yeah maybe Kyren Williams will be The Rams starting RB ? The dude isn’t fast enough to take it to the house or catch passes out of the backfield?

I guess your guy Murray in Arizona forgot the play book & PHILLY couldn’t stop him ?

Alaric Jackson isn’t a very good LT he had Joesph Noteboom starting for him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
All this stuff about resting the starters just look how the mini-bye messed up their momentum. No you want to go in with a convincing win over the Niners.

You have to know, that Stafford, Donald, Kupp, and JJ are thinking RING! They will want to play and announce their arrival. No one wants to back into the playoffs. If you play a good game but still get beat, okay that's the NFL. But you aren't losing to a scrub team. Shanny won't want to back into the playoffs either.

Both of these teams know there is a chance they will face off in the playoffs. It could be as soon as the divisional round. No IMO both teams will want to make a statement.
Although I appreciate the enthusiasm, the Whiners coach already said otherwise but we are supposed to believe you? Yeah ok.....Rams on the other hand, no idea what McVay is planning there

Matthew Lillard Reaction GIF by filmeditor

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member

I think fans are putting too much emphasis on McVay mentioning that he'd never rest his starters again vs Shanny. For a few reasons:

First... While he made a mistake that last time in assuming Shanny wouldn't savage his halfass roster (which was embarrassing for him) in this instance the shitters are resting starters.

Second because he is a different head coach now compared to who he was then. He has a far stronger grasp of the rhythm of a team, how to best use practices to prep the boys while also keeping them healthy, etc.

And thirdly because I don't think he is so insecure about his record vs Shanny as fans seem to be. He beat him in the game that mattered between the teams. The risk of starters being hurt far outweighs any ego concerns here.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think fans are putting too much emphasis on McVay mentioning that he'd never rest his starters again vs Shanny. For a few reasons:

First... While he made a mistake that last time in assuming Shanny wouldn't savage his halfass roster (which was embarrassing for him) in this instance the shitters are resting starters.

Second because he is a different head coach now compared to who he was then. He has a far stronger grasp of the rhythm of a team, how to best use practices to prep the boys while also keeping them healthy, etc.

And thirdly because I don't think he is so insecure about his record vs Shanny as fans seem to be. He beat him in the game that mattered between the teams. The risk of starters being hurt far outweighs any ego concerns here.
I don't know Merlin, I think the mini-bye just showed that time off interrupts the flow. Momentum seems to be a beast that's hard to control. They'll have all the time in the World to get healthy i they they come out flat in the WC game.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know Merlin, I think the mini-bye just showed that time off interrupts the flow. Momentum seems to be a beast that's hard to control. They'll have all the time in the World to get healthy i they they come out flat in the WC game.
I think that interrupted flow had more to do with a DC having his defense playing full-tilt behind a great gameplan. That plus the Rams being nervous as a result of it led to 4 turnovers (including the missed 4th down). And of course teams had to contribute with that return.

We'll see what he does. But I will add to the above that we have a weak depth chart as well. So injury to certain positions would be felt more than most other playoff teams I think.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that interrupted flow had more to do with a DC having his defense playing full-tilt behind a great gameplan. That plus the Rams being nervous as a result of it led to 4 turnovers (including the missed 4th down). And of course teams had to contribute with that return.

We'll see what he does. But I will add to the above that we have a weak depth chart as well. So injury to certain positions would be felt more than most other playoff teams I think.
The other DC had a plan, but so did the Browns and the Ravens. We didn't exert our offense like we had done before against some awesome Dlines. I know Puka was sick, which didn't help. Yes, the Rams are thin at certain positions, but were also in 2021. You go win with what you have.....

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Who knows this just might get Morris his HC gig seeing as how he's taking all the bows for the defense not giving credit to anyone else. :eyeroll:
With the DBs getting beat every week for long TDs the last several games should Rams consider firing Pleasant?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other DC had a plan, but so did the Browns and the Ravens. We didn't exert our offense like we had done before against some awesome Dlines. I know Puka was sick, which didn't help. Yes, the Rams are thin at certain positions, but were also in 2021. You go win with what you have.....
Well also and btw not having Jackson is something I forgot to mention and I think that exacerbated the fun and games the DC was bringing. It's gonna be interesting to see how McVay plays this.

RamWoodie

Legend
Here's the deal for real:

If Morris doesn't figure out how to get this "deep ball Achilles Heel" off of the Ram secondary, the Rams push in the playoffs will be short lived!!! This has gone on for 4 straight games now and other teams are seeing it.

IT HAS TO GET FIGURED OUT!!!

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Here's the deal for real:

If Morris doesn't figure out how to get this "deep ball Achilles Heel" off of the Ram secondary, the Rams push in the playoffs will be short lived!!! This has gone on for 4 straight games now and other teams are seeing it.

IT HAS TO GET FIGURED OUT!!!

Wasn't it always the gripe that we played too soft and kept everything in front of us? The bend but not break defense was not a fan favorite around here as I recall.

Are we asking to go back to that philosophy or are we instead saying that he needs to do both - never get beat deep but also not give up any cushion either?

RamWoodie

Legend
Wasn't it always the gripe that we played too soft and kept everything in front of us? The bend but not break defense was not a fan favorite around here as I recall.

Are we asking to go back to that philosophy or are we instead saying that he needs to do both - never get beat deep but also not give up any cushion either?
Are you seeing these plays? In most cases the Rams are up 10+ points!!! it's that tendency to bite up on something they see rather than understanding DON'T let the WR get behind you!!! Despite what the coverage is... if the guy is in front of you, you have the opportunity to make the tackle. When you're up 10+ points...why are you allowing WR's to get behind you???