Play these 4 cards for 2023: Health, Emergence, Career Year and Renewal

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
You have 4 cards to play to enhance the Rams chances of success. You may not use more than one card on any one player.

HEALTH: The player upon whom you bestow this card will be guaranteed to be healthy for the entire season.

EMERGENCE: You may bestow this card upon any player with 20 or fewer NFL starts. That player will emerge as a Pro Bowl caliber player.

CAREER YEAR: You may use this card on any player, and he will have a career year in 2023.

RENEWAL: Like the Health card, this card guarantees a fully healthy 2023, but it may only be used on a player who has been on the IR in the last two years.

Spend your cards wisely!

Tano

Legend
Renewal - Joe Noteboom - I am taking the stance that he was on the IR at least once in the last two years
Career Year - Van Jefferson
Emergence - Tutu Atwell
Health - Aaron Donald or Cooper Kupp (hard to decide - probably would flip a coin)

Tano

Legend
Health - Staff
Emergence - Michael Hoecht
Career Year - AD
Renewal - Kupp
That's an interesting one

AD having a career year would mean at minimum 21 sacks

And Hoecht having an all pro year would mean the defense would have a damn good pass rush

However, you could switch Hoecht for Byron Young and still get similar results - so could go that way too

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Health - Stafford
Emergence - Cobie Durant
Career Year - Higbee
Renewal - Cam Akers

Tano

Legend
One of the main reasons I didn't put Stafford for health is due to having WRs having career year and/or emergence would imply that Stafford would have to be healthy

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Okay, here are mine...

HEALTH: Cam Akers. I believe a fully healthy Akers could easily hit 1,275-1,360 yards (75-80/game), which (along with some contributions from Michel, Williams and/or Evans) would give us the type of run threat that would allow McVay and Stafford to work their magic.

EMERGENCE: I'm going to go with a dark horse here: AJ Jackson. If he were to emerge as a top flight LT, things would really fall into place on the OL as a whole. It would also mean we would not have to use a high draft pick next year on a LT.

CAREER YEAR: Stafford. For Stafford to have his best season, he'd have to stay pretty healthy throughout the year and, clearly, it would mean the offense is cooking.

RENEWAL: I'm going to go with Kupp over AD, as I feel that AD is more likely to stay healthy without my help.

Tano

Legend
EMERGENCE: I'm going to go with a dark horse here: AJ Jackson. If he were to emerge as a top flight LT, things would really fall into place on the OL as a whole. It would also mean we would not have to use a high draft pick next year on a LT.
I like this thought - good choice

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Health_ Kupp
Emergence_Van Jefferson
Career Year- Cam Akers
Renewal- Matt Stafford

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Health - Aaron Donald.

(Yes, even over Stafford (whom, if Stetson Bennett is up to the challenge, I think he could adequately fill.) AD is the straw that stirs the defense. Without him, we're utterly screwed as a pass-rushing team.)

Emergence - Robert Rochell.

(I could've picked Cobie Durant, but I have a feeling that Durant's going to emerge one way or another. What I want to see is Rochell take the bull by the horns, take one of the outside corner jobs, and utterly dominate.)

Career Year - Bobby Brown III.

(BB3 is our only defensive lineman over 300 lbs. (unless Hoecht moves back to the defensive line). We need him to have a career year at nose tackle, and if he's as good as I think he could be, he'll get there.)

Renewal - Logan Bruss.

(Yes, I'm cheating a little, but I hope Bruss has a healthy 2023 so he can show what he can do. I want him to grab a guard spot, improve over last year, and kill it out there.)

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Health - Staff
Emergence - Michael Hoecht
Career Year - AD
Renewal - Kupp
For Donald to have a career year he would have to break the single season sack record!

Well played.

I was thinking along those lines and was gonna use Kupp. Lol!

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Health - Aaron Donald.

(Yes, even over Stafford (whom, if Stetson Bennett is up to the challenge, I think he could adequately fill.) AD is the straw that stirs the defense. Without him, we're utterly screwed as a pass-rushing team.)

Emergence - Robert Rochell.

(I could've picked Cobie Durant, but I have a feeling that Durant's going to emerge one way or another. What I want to see is Rochell take the bull by the horns, take one of the outside corner jobs, and utterly dominate.)

Career Year - Bobby Brown III.

(BB3 is our only defensive lineman over 300 lbs. (unless Hoecht moves back to the defensive line). We need him to have a career year at nose tackle, and if he's as good as I think he could be, he'll get there.)

Renewal - Logan Bruss.

(Yes, I'm cheating a little, but I hope Bruss has a healthy 2023 so he can show what he can do. I want him to grab a guard spot, improve over last year, and kill it out there.)

I was also thinking Rochell. It came to me instantly and I figured the same about Durant like you did. The other three are harder.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
You have 4 cards to play to enhance the Rams chances of success. You may not use more than one card on any one player.

HEALTH: The player upon whom you bestow this card will be guaranteed to be healthy for the entire season.

EMERGENCE: You may bestow this card upon any player with 20 or fewer NFL starts. That player will emerge as a Pro Bowl caliber player.

CAREER YEAR: You may use this card on any player, and he will have a career year in 2023.

RENEWAL: Like the Health card, this card guarantees a fully healthy 2023, but it may only be used on a player who has been on the IR in the last two years.

Spend your cards wisely!
Hey Avenger, feel free to give us four cards with "curses" we can distribute to our opponents. I'm sure many on here would enjoy the schadenfreude of that exercise.

For example... an "Injury setback" card would be particularly cruel for Brock Purdy... sure would be a shame if he re-injured that elbow.

"Over the hill" card I'd happily give to Aaron Rodgers.

The possibilities are endless...

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Hey Avenger, feel free to give us four cards with "curses" we can distribute to our opponents. I'm sure many on here would enjoy the schadenfreude of that exercise.

For example... an "Injury setback" card would be particularly cruel for Brock Purdy... sure would be a shame if he re-injured that elbow.

Hi, I'd like to give a Festering Hemorrhoid card to Kyle Shanahan.
The name of the hemorrhoid shall be Trey Lance.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Very enlightening thread. It demonstrates we would need more than 4 cards.

But here's my allocation of the 4.

Health: Cooper Kupp. I picked Kupp over Stafford because #9 plays hurt anyway.

Emergence: Byron Young. It would be nice to hit on a player at a position of need and have him excel at a pro bowl level. I picked Young over Avila because I believe Avila doesn't need the card. He's got pro bowl player written all over him.

Career Year: I think McVay having a career year would be just what the doctor ordered but these rules.....picking a player......I'll go with Aaron Donald.

Renewal: Noteboom is the obvious choice but we have plenty of O lineman. So I have to go with Fuller.

Yeah, 3 of the 4 on D. Surprise, surprise. Now if we could bend the rules a bit and pick 2 for each card (as well as a non player) you have my 8.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This is anither brilliant thread by @AvengerRam and I somehow can't disagree with any of the replies. I have nothing else to offer here....

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Who would get the Laryngitis card…hmmmmm…..:thinking: