Pick up RG3's option or not

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Pick it up?

• Yes

Votes: 13 21.3%
  • No

Votes: 48 78.7%

• Total voters

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I can see that happening actually. Shanahan in part resigned because the FO insisted he play Johnny Tricycle, who then face-planted so completely they were probably relieved he got dinged up. Couple that with the fact the locker room isn't in his corner and the rehab thing..........maybe the Browns decide to roll the dice because there is talk that they want to move on from him already.

After all the knucklehead Farmer is still the GM there right. Anything, absolutely anything, can happen under his watch.

Must suck to be a Browns fan. I know the Rams haven't had much success in 10 years - but at least we've got structure in place to succeed now. Its all down to our coaching/scouting/personnel acquisition now because the owner is hands off. Anytime you see a franchise suffer in the NFL it normally comes down to bad management at the top - interfering or trigger happy owners usually. Look at the Bucs, Browns, Redskins, Raiders and you see the common thread.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I wonder if this has been posted on a WASH fan board.....and if not someone should LOL.

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
I said yes, because he's flashed brilliance at times in his young career and because you've already invested an absurd amount of resources in the kid.

Then again, I also think Geno Smith should be a top-15 starting QB in 2015 based on how he played at the end of last season, so take my QB opinions with that big heaping grain of salt.

Mike

Rookie
Name
Mike
If the Browns have truly given up on Manziel it makes me wonder if they know something everyone else does not. What that might be I don't know.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Browns have truly given up on Manziel it makes me wonder if they know something everyone else does not. What that might be I don't know.

That he has zero work ethic, loves to party, and doesn't have NFL talent?

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I don't think picking up RG3 would be a good idea. We already had an injury prone quarterback, why go through that again? I vote no.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think picking up RG3 would be a good idea. We already had an injury prone quarterback, why go through that again? I vote no.

The article was if the REDSKINS should pick up the 5th year option on his existing contract.

:mustache:

Moostache

Rookie
No way would I pay that much ($16M+)for him...especially when there are so many other options available.

Bottom line on Bob Griffin is that he joins a list of accomplished, exciting dual-threat QBs who look great in a few regular seasons - like Randall Cunningham, Michael Vick and RG3 himself as a rookie (pre-injury) - but all become liabilities when the D catches up to them. The best of this kinda of mobile QB was Steve Young, but only after he accepted the fact that his legs alone and individually extending plays could never get him over the hump without utilizing his teammates. I really hate that the '98 Vikings lost to the Falcons in the NFC Championship Game because that year, Randall Cunningham was as good as Steve Young had been, but due to a kicker's only miss of the entire season, he lost a chance to get that Super Bowl against Elway...always felt cheated by that the same way the freaking Patriots cheated history of a rematch between Marino's Dolphins and the '85 Bears...but back to Bob G...make him earn it on the field and if he does, pay that man his money...if he does not (which I think is conventional wisdom now), then let him hit the bricks.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They paid him. I can't believe that they paid him. Same pathetic Redskins. I'm gonna love it when we crush RGMe when we play against them. Quinn, Donald, Long, Brockers, Ogletree, Barron, they're all going to have a field day with that guy. I'll be shocked if he isn't hurt again by the end of it.

MFaulk107

The Realness
The injury hes had, the drama between the locker room and him are just signs that it wont work.
I can't imagine him making a comeback for the Redskins.
RID OF HIM NOW!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The injury hes had, the drama between the locker room and him are just signs that it wont work.
I can't imagine him making a comeback for the Redskins.
RID OF HIM NOW!
It also doesn't help when the Head Coach doesn't like you.