Pick a position to beef up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Good thread topic.

When asking myself which single position upgrade would best give Rams a boost in a SB race I keep coming back to Edge.

All other position groups seem to be anywhere from ‘pretty good’ to elite. Miller ’fixed’ our Edge last year and another at least solid player acquisition there this offseason could be just the thing to put Rams over the top once again.

The ability to seal the edge while providing pressure when needed elevated our D from good to lethal in last year’s playoff run. More, please.

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
The IOL. Our rushing O last year was mostly subpar outside of Michel's four game stretch. I want our line to be maulers.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
A lot of guys looking for work just not sure who might be worth a look.

TE is my first reaction Jesse James??

OLB Anthony Barr
LT Nate Solder

Honestly I don’t see that much that moves the needle from where we currently are.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Wide Receiver!!

Find somebody who runs great routes, has huge hands and makes contested catches. Somebody with Superbowl experience who has played for McVay or with Stafford or both.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
1. Edge - Hunter
2. Edge - Clowney
3. Edge - Hughes

Justin Hollins Confident He Can Step Into Starting Outside Linebacker Role​

‘Guys Have To Step Up’: Rams Justin Hollins Looks To Replace Von Miller’s Production

Read more at: https://www.bellinghamherald.com/sports/nfl/article261653942.html#storylink=cpy

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
TE for me too. I have no confidence in the two backups to be able to block with authority. I'm not expecting clutch from the run game, which is troubling. I here some say that McVay proved that you don't need a run game in the playoffs and Superbowl. I don't know that he proved anything except that he had the right people to pull it off. An eighteen game season is a long time to go without some running success. Teams will figure ways to shut down a one dimensional offense. This isn't college football.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Something realistic coming out of camp?
Quality DL depth.
Donald isn’t getting any younger, Gaines and ARob can’t play heavy minutes every game if we want to be able to shut down the run like we did in the post season. A strong rotation would wear out opposing OLs.

Finding THAT guy(s) being dumped by another team, for whatever reason, should not be hard to find.

CanadaRam

No guts, No glory.
Name
Andrew
It’s surprising that there is even a debate on this imo.
Rams are set to make the playoffs.
what will most help Rams go from playoff team to SB champ.

backup QB - No
TE - No

a difference maker on the edge as Von was last year can create havoc, and limit any offence against Rams.

injuries can of course change the discussion.

BTW I do believe that a late season addition of OBJ would be the best for the O (health permitting)

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know we have other needs, but I'd like to grab some inner offensive lineman. Really agile road graders to help the run game.
We need and Edge. I really believe (or want to believe) that Hopkins and Blanton can step it up and one can turn into the stater. We need more linebacker depth, but that will come with the Edge in the end in my opinion.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I'd go CB.

Our pass rush was good pre Miller. We all want it back to being a complete game wrecker again. But we can make due with our in house options. And maybe a guy like Garrett steps up. I am not convinced that the Rams won't stick with what they have at edge, see how the young guys do, and if it needs an upgrade, pursue a trade in-season like they did with Miller.

CB is weaker by comparison. We have one truly strong option. Ramsey. Otherwise, we have a bunch of rookies/sophomores, who hopefully will step up, and Hill. I always defended and liked Hill as a Ram, but he's ideally not your #2 CB. We're one CB injury away from dire states, in a pass heavy league. Hopefully, Les can get something done.

fearsomefour

Legend
#1 Tight End, Higs gets dinged up each year and without him run game has gone to crap
#2 OLT- Filling in and full time starting are 2 completely different animals. Cant afford even marginal effectiveness here, has to be good/great
#3 Backup QB- McVay M.O. has been to throw caution to the wind here, and while I'm of the "doesnt matter who the backup is, if Stafford goes down, season is over", I'd love to see the backup locked in to that cheap 4 year deal. McVay just completed his 6th NFL draft and has never drafted a QB. I think they are the only team who hasnt drafted a single QB in that time frame
No worries.
If Stafford goes down Snead will sent the 2028 and 2029 first round picks to Detroit for Goff.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Justin Hollins Confident He Can Step Into Starting Outside Linebacker Role​

‘Guys Have To Step Up’: Rams Justin Hollins Looks To Replace Von Miller’s Production
I can't believe they asked Hollins, do you think they need to add another to the group? He even said, I have to say we're good. Anyway, Hollins & Lewis make a nice platoon system, but their health is a concern. Who comes in from there? Chris Garrett, but that's it.

Here's one, the Rams tried to keep Jamir Jones on the practice squad, but he was claimed by the Jaguars. I could see a trade for him for a conditional draft choice to add him to the mix.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Josh Allen Jaguars....That's the October Move.
I don't see any chance of that happening.
They picked up his 5th year option and he's only going into year 4 and is a good player who fits what they're doing.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I don't see any chance of that happening.
They picked up his 5th year option and he's only going into year 4 and is a good player who fits what they're doing.
That's a fair point, but I do believe he could be a target and although the Jaguars should be better then last year, they are still building.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
Edge.
I think there's a chance they get an older guy before camp.. but the names aren't exciting. I don't have any feel for a promising guy who's likely going to be available the way I felt about Fowler being a trade candidate back in 18. If Robert Quinn only had one year left on his contract or only had minimal dead money after this year, I'd say him... but it's 8.5 million to drop him after this season and $18 million for him in '23 isn't attractive.

I looked at potential FA edge guys in '23... and it's not encouraging.

The good news is the Rams still have Aaron Donald... and were leading the NFL in sacks BEFORE they picked up Miller. If Rochell turns out to be a real stud and maybe Durant or Kendrick are outstanding rookies.. the Rams may be able to blitz more without paying a big price.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I know we have other needs, but I'd like to grab some inner offensive lineman. Really agile road graders to help the run game.
We need and Edge. I really believe (or want to believe) that Hopkins and Blanton can step it up and one can turn into the stater. We need more linebacker depth, but that will come with the Edge in the end in my opinion.
I would say the addition of a recent cut veteran swing OC/OG would be good at the beginning of the regular season.

I sure don't like depending on the health of a Terrell Lewis as our main reserve OLB'er. If OLB'er Chris Garrett has a good solid TC & Preseason it would make me very confortable.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Wide Receiver!!

Find somebody who runs great routes, has huge hands and makes contested catches. Somebody with Superbowl experience who has played for McVay or with Stafford or both.
Oh, be jaded, why don’t you!

(See what I did there? :sunglasses:)