Pick a position to beef up

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
But personally I don't trust him. I don't think the game is his top focus and not sure he's the kind of guy McVay wants around. McVay moved his ass pretty quick once he took over. Took him like two months to make that determination. And I recall wondering at the time why he'd move a guy who had 8.5 sacks the year prior. So it was likely that he was resistant to McVay's installation of the new culture after he came in, given that he was moved in like two months.
Quinn played a full season for McVay, 2017. Most likely reason was him getting paid over 10M for 8.5 sacks and a questionable bill of health.

oldnotdead

Legend
I've been clear about my enthusiasm for Hardy at edge. But he's at least a 1-2 year project. The kid has skills but he lacks technique. I see Garrett getting Okoronkwo's snaps with Hardy perhaps seeing some spot snaps this year. Trading for Hunter, however, resolves that position long term with a very good bookend to Floyd. A Dline of Floyd, AD, Gaines and Hunter would be an OL nightmare.

The Rams can go into the season with Hollins/Lewis at the edge opposite Floyd. But IMO Hunter would provide a much better solution long term.

OT IMO is covered by Alaric Jackson who I see as their starting swing tackle this year and taking over RT next year. That would then make Arcuri the swing OT next year. Jackson looked very good last year and another year under Carberry should make him a good RT starter to replace Havenstein. Arcuri needs to work on his footwork, strength, and hand technique.

I think they are 3 deep at TE with Higbee, Blanton, and Hopkins. I don't see them carrying 4 TEs.

They have what looks like a decent developmental OG/C in Jack Snyder. He has shown good mobility and a good understanding of blocking concepts. These traits are what you want in a gap-blocking scheme. Most of the negatives about Jack are based upon his inadequate core strength. One year on an NFL weight training regime should go a long way in resolving that. I think he can eventually provide a good swing OG and perhaps backup center. He's a UDFA that I think has a shot to make the active roster next year.

The Rams drafted Rapp's replacement in Lake. Kendricks could provide them with additional depth at safety. There is no question that Durant was taken to fill the SCB position long term. I think he will do just that.

Williams is obviously viewed as the long term solution as their 3rd down RB. If there is a hole in this roster it's the lack of a FB. I don't see them extending Henderson next year due to his injury history. But RB is a position where a rookie can play significant snaps so I see them taking Darrell's replacement in the next draft.

Until proven otherwise, punter is the biggest hole in this roster. I just hope it doesn't come back and bite them in the ass.

oldnotdead

Legend
Oh BTW a player to watch in OTAs and camp is Jamal Pettigrew. He's another Blanton type of TE. Hopkins needs to build off of his SB play or Pettigrew could eventually take his place.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quinn played a full season for McVay, 2017. Most likely reason was him getting paid over 10M for 8.5 sacks and a questionable bill of health.
My mistake then. I've been having trouble of late looking at dates apparently.

Let's put it this way then... The need is there. Rams could use him. They could probably fit him in too, seeing as how they do what they want with the cap when it's someone they want. Will they go get him? We'll see.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

It's only speculation
I don't see where he has indicated he wants to be traded. Speculation on what the Bears should do according to a couple sports writers is one thing. A player requesting a trade takes it to another level IMO.

No biggie. I was just curious if he had actually said he wants a trade because I hadn't seen that.