Pick #57 - Rams select WR Tutu Atwell

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
Or you know, maybe he was just a really important part of who we scout and draft? He was hired away because of how talented he was at his job. No conspiracy theory there.

Actually I think Holmes was really important to the Rams' drafting. And he certainly knows everything there is to know about how we have drafted and how the picks have played out. I think he will be a great GM.

oldnotdead

Legend
It wouldn't surprise me if Snead trades down again at 103 and makes rounds 4 and 5 his draft. Those are prime rounds for RBs and o-line traditionally.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I remember the Cam Akers and Van Jefferson reactions well.

Adding this one to the list.

episode 14 list GIF
I loved the Akers pick but I didn't know a whole lot about Van Jefferson.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In the last two seasons, only three receivers in college football had more yards after the catch than Atwell. He picked up 988 yards after the catch since 2019, which ranked third in the country, according to Pro Football Focus’ Sosa Kremenjas.

He also had 70 first downs and 40 plays of 15-plus yards, ranking 12th and ninth in college football since 2019, respectively.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
Would any team have taken him before the third or even fourth round?

I like his scouting report though.

"OVERALL

Atwell is a speedy receiver who primarily lined up in the slot in college. He plays with a competitive streak that, when combined with his above-average hands and very good ball-tracking ability, allows him to be a consistent deep threat on every play. He has top-tier acceleration and speed that allows him to threaten safeties on vertical routes and can also take any shorter route the distance. Atwell mostly lined up in the slot to give him space to operate, and whether he can consistently win outside will be the biggest question mark because of his poor size."

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2932000-tutu-atwell-nfl-draft-2021-scouting-report-for-los-angeles-rams-wr

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
I’m getting kinda tired of taking WRs. What the hell was the point of drafting Jefferson? So now we have Woods, Kupp, Jackson, Jefferson and Atwell? I know we wanted to add speed but there’s no way this dude wasn’t going to be there in the 3rd round. We had Humphrey sitting in our laps and pass on him. Dammit man.

How many times are we going to pick skill positions and ignore real problems?

The thinking is to take who they feel is the best available player regardless of position.

I agree with the philosophy but not sure about the player.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I like Tutu better than the Van Jefferson pick. Jefferson was a clone of Woods and Kupp. We need a guy with speed like this.

I'm not too worried about his size, most defenders will never get a hand on him.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Jesus guys.
Two pages in and Done with this thread.
The ignorant arrogance of those who know better.
Never ceases to amaze.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Tutu better than the Van Jefferson pick. Jefferson was a clone of Woods and Kupp. We need a guy with speed like this.

I'm not too worried about his size, most defenders will never get a hand on him.
They don't need to get a hand on him. A well-placed pinky will do it.