Pick #249 - Rams select WR Ben Skowronek

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If he stays at WR, he’d make a heck of a blocker on the edge and down the field on running plays.
Better yet a WR blocker on bubble screens and jet sweeps - to say some super small yet super fast WR. Imagine Peters taking him on - he’d run off the field

MauiRam

Rookie
Another thing we need to look at is the fact that 3 of our top 4 WR's are in their 30's. For many reasons, it's smart o have options if something was to happen to any of them.. injury, cap $, etc. Also adding possibilities for more diverse personnel groups and not be so predictable. Boosting ST's . All of these are reasons they are making these pics. I love it.
Which 3 of our receivers are in their 30s besides Jackson?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Which 3 of our receivers are in their 30s besides Jackson?

Woods will turn thirty after this year. Kupp will become twenty-eight, I believe, but he's only signed for two years after this year; Woods is re-signed a year longer.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Woods will turn thirty after this year. Kupp will become twenty-eight, I believe, but he's only signed for two years after this year; Woods is re-signed a year longer.
Right. Woods doesn’t even turn 30 until after the 2021 season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yarbs cracks me up man. Feels like he's been wanting more size at WR too. Remember how pumped he was about Reynolds?

But I don't think he separates enough to be a primary wideout on this team. Maybe Woody and Kupp can help him get that route running a little smoother and fix that idk. But it does seem like he'll end up at TE. If he's making his living around the LOS it means he's a big weapon who can get lost and smoke some LBs and safeties one on one.

Ram65

Legend
It will be interesting to see how McVay and Co. Decide to use him. He could become a jackknife with a lot of motion. He could be on the move on many plays. From WR to Slot to H Back. His willingness and blocking ability make him a offensive joker.

TheTackle

Starter
CC047DC1-99FC-4AA3-B9E8-D92015222E42.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Memento

Name
Jemma

I'm not surprised by this. I think he could be our version of Kyle Juszczyk; a fullback who can impact the game with blocking and offensive production (Juszczyk being a far superior athlete, but Skowronek could be a better receiver out of the backfield.)

oldnotdead

Legend
It will be interesting to see how they use Benny Sko over the long run. I think he's primarily a STs player this year. But give him a year to polish his route running and blocking technique and he has the potential to be that lead blocker they want next year. Also, he would make a very nice addition as a possession receiver for Stafford. With the WRs the Rams have they will begin to see a lot of zone coverages especially next year when Tutu & Harris make their speed felt. Benny is versatile enough to be a lead blocker and possession receiver against zone coverages. As the film shows he isn't afraid to make those contested catches, something Reynolds never really mastered.

In the long run, I can see Benny Sko as a good rotational receiver who can block on early-down runs or be a factor on early-down play action. I can see Jefferson eventually taking over for Woods, and Tutu becoming that Jackson like slot receiver.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Juszczyk being a far superior athlete
Why would you say that? Skowronek is faster, hits as hard and can separate from defenders, and the height to win contested balls. Juszcyk is a nice player, but he's a FB, plain and simple. Probably can win in the weight room, but that's not athletics

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I can’t wait to see preseason. I feel like everything is all roses with every draftee, and that’s unrealistic.

When the live bullets fly… we’ll know much more!

tomas

Pro Bowler
Name
tomas
I think both (7th rounders) Skowronek and Funk will make the Rams 53 man roster.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Why would you say that? Skowronek is faster, hits as hard and can separate from defenders, and the height to win contested balls. Juszcyk is a nice player, but he's a FB, plain and simple. Probably can win in the weight room, but that's not athletics

Sorry. Meant to say "runner", haha.