Pick #141 - Rams select TE Jacob Harris

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Reminds me of Jimmy Graham. F tight end through and through right there.

@dieterbrock's boy Hopkins is feeling the heat now lol.

I was literally going to say that. I don't know if he's exactly like Graham (shorter, more willing blocker, Graham was already fully developed as a person), but yes, I see it.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WRer or TE, the lines blur a little, but this guy definitely has the tools to succeed
train
Kinda like the positionless basketball we see these days the receiver/TE line has blurred beyond recognition in some cases with the really good “TEs”

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
The fact that he loves ST and is good at it is huge. Killer on STs while he spend a couple years developing pro TE / big WR game.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Desean Jackson is likely gone after this year - and that's if he stays healthy. I could see the Rams dealing one of either Kupp or Woods to another team for a high pick. Then there's Higbee, who makes a lot of money and could be either traded or released next year to save cap space.

We could see a wide receiver group of Woods/Kupp, Jefferson, and Atwell and a tight end group of Hopkins/Harris after this year. That's still a lot of balls, but I get why McVay doubled down on receivers.

First - how much does the new special teams coach have to say ?
—Mcvay likes DJ11 & Tutu being able to compete to receive PR’s. That has already been said & the extra Punter just makes more sense on how to create competition.The ball machine guys are catching 3 balls in a row in hand.To me not as realistic from a Right & left footed kicker.
—Jefferson & Reynolds played special teams. Reynolds is gone & Jefferson needs to just be a WR.Harris fits that bill of that inside gunner.The tackles stat was what caught my eye as a perfect fit.
—The New passing game guy is Son (Wes) of Wade.Who is the TE’s coach.Waldron is gone & Mcvay had Reid in Washington as well.Hopkins still needs to find his position?Do The Rams have TE/WR 1 & 2 now as the backup?
—There is no HB/FB/ so does that mean more spreed looks ?I know Jet Sweeps & Motion is huge in Today’s Offense.Go look at Aaron Donald get blown up on a TE/WR lined up wide in motion.A great design play.Josh Reynolds had a couple of chances to do the same weather designed or not football instincts should say block,not run around a DE in a run play.
I like The Rams draft picks. I see the needs & I know Mcvay valued Tutu & Snead needed to trade back. Just PISSES ME OFF a trade to the 9ers and not getting more draft capital.Tutu was worth waiting for IMO.He we go though.The Rams have more weapons than ever to stretch the field.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Kinda like the positionless basketball we see these days the receiver/TE line has blurred beyond recognition in some cases with the really good “TEs”

The basketball TE have been exceptional over the years from back in the day.Athletic ability is athletic ability. This guy was a soccer player,but understanding positioning
to receive a ball when guarded is a talent.As simple as keep away.
-I believe in Wesley Phillips & The Rams coaching staff.Scouting & finding talent is a art in a sense.Starts with a vision.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The basketball TE have been exceptional over the years from back in the day.Athletic ability is athletic ability. This guy was a soccer player,but understanding positioning
to receive a ball when guarded is a talent.As simple as keep away.
-I believe in Wesley Phillips & The Rams coaching staff.Scouting & finding talent is a art in a sense.Starts with a vision.
I agree with the basketball tight ends but I was more referring to the fact that basketball no longer has positions i.e 7ft kevin Durant plays “point guard” sometimes. They all just mesh and play the game no more pg, sg, sf, pf, c it’s just a blend of ball handlers of varying heights . I was making the comparison to the WR/TE situation where it doesn’t even matter what you call them anymore they all lead block in-line block and run routes

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
WRer or TE, the lines blur a little, but this guy definitely has the tools to succeed
train

I don't care what they call his position. He is a great athlete. Build and speed recall D.K. Metcalfe. If his football skills can match up to anywhere near his physical ability he could be a big threat on the field.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Another thought I just had - we all wondered about the lack of playing time for Jefferson, and to a lesser degree, Hopkins. Considering the guys in front of them were pretty bad last year. Similarly it was odd that we kept Blythe.

Maybe McVay will be more willing to play inexperienced players with a more experienced QB - otherwise we shouldn't expect to see Atwell or Harris much this year.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
A lot of blocking is will to do it. At least when you're talking skill guys. Look at Woody.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I agree with the basketball tight ends but I was more referring to the fact that basketball no longer has positions i.e 7ft kevin Durant plays “point guard” sometimes. They all just mesh and play the game no more pg, sg, sf, pf, c it’s just a blend of ball handlers of varying heights . I was making the comparison to the WR/TE situation where it doesn’t even matter what you call them anymore they all lead block in-line block and run routes

Kelce is a good example of a WR/TE.
— was watching the Warriors agian this week & I keep telling a friend. There’s your(Dremond) Point Forward.Dude can play the block on D” & start a Fast break after getting the boards.
Chick Hearns one of many was he goes coast to coast to lay it in.Coop-a-loop.He could post up a little,but mainly sat outside.
The game has changed & some of the shots these guys are putting up are insane.Larry Bird had it all.Dirk as well,J. Enbiid is finding his range.His ball handling is tight.Kevin Durant & know with Harden again.It’s crazy the skill level now.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wow, they announced him as a tight end. That makes more sense than another WR.
Funny because the first reel i looked at i said to myself he might be a better TE than WR at the next level.
Intriguing pick.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
cf84cd80-a095-4486-b16b-c77e63c67378

6'5"

Overview
Under-the-radar wideout with elite size and dangerous speed. Harris has inside/outside experience and offers the potential to threaten coverage as a matchup talent. Cornerbacks tend to fall asleep on his long, smooth strides and he gets by them before they know it. While his size and speed will be alluring, his consistency as a pass catcher could be a concern. Harris hasn't developed a feel for utilizing body positioning to help him win more contested catches and his ability to correct that issue could be the difference between becoming a productive pro or just an explosive athlete.

Strengths
  • Powers through route redirection from defensive backs.
  • Traits to cause trouble down the field.
  • Averaged 20.1 yards per catch during his UCF career and 9 of his 49 catches resulted in TDs.
  • Long strider with explosive build-up speed.
  • Has box-out talent when he gets coverage on his hip.
  • Plus athlete who's able to adjust to the throw in air.
  • Leverages routes and is smooth through turns.
  • Good effort to engage and sustain on receiver screens.

Weaknesses
  • Needs o become more willful with his size.
  • Hits route turns without enough fake at the top.
  • Below-average suddenness and physicality underneath.
  • Doesn't have natural feel for positioning in space.
  • Needs to post better win percentage on contested catches.
  • Hands were a mess at times in 2020, as he dropped two would-be touchdowns on deep throws

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Interesting pick. He could play as light TE or big WR. With his speed he's somewhat of a DK Metcalf type player. I'm real curious how McVay will use him.
His measurables are VERY DJ Metcalf like. Use him on ST's and as a Flex WR/TE. RZ target. I like the pick.