Pick #141 - Rams select TE Jacob Harris

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bootleg

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Interesting pick. He could play as light TE or big WR. With his speed he's somewhat of a DK Metcalf type player. I'm real curious how McVay will use him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Who? The Rams media Twitter page or the coaching staff? Which do you think has more say in the matter?

I think both? He was announced as a tight end/wide receiver hybrid at the draft. I think he joins the tight end group because we desperately need help there. When Higbee is hurt, we don't have much to help our group.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
Just to be comparable Kyle Pitts is
6-6 245 runs a 4.44.

Our boy is 6-5 219 and runs a 4.39, this will be intriguing if we can convert him properly to a legit mismatch TE.

I wonder where his football skills are? Or if they are very raw as well.

Does he have good balls skills? Hands? Blocking?

Intriguing indeed.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
Just to be comparable Kyle Pitts is
6-6 245 runs a 4.44.

Our boy is 6-5 219 and runs a 4.39, this will be intriguing if we can convert him properly to a legit mismatch TE.

I wonder where his football skills are? Or if they are very raw as well.

Does he have good balls skills? Hands? Blocking?

Intriguing indeed.
His skills are size and speed the rest needs work but if Wes can work some magic this is an excellent pick. Love the athletic upside but he needs work.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
What about as a goal line guy, send him on a fade route and jump up in the air? No DB will be able to cover him there, at his height.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
I don't like this pick due to other needs and his age 23. The biggest question is how many balls are there to throw to when Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, Akers and Higby are getting their fair share. Then you throw in Jackson, Tutu and TE last year and TE/WR this year it is crazy and downright stupid drafting.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I don't like this pick due to other needs and his age 23. The biggest question is how many balls are there to throw to when Kupp, Woods, Jefferson, Akers and Higby are getting their fair share. Then you throw in Jackson, Tutu and TE last year and TE/WR this year it is crazy and downright stupid drafting.

Desean Jackson is likely gone after this year - and that's if he stays healthy. I could see the Rams dealing one of either Kupp or Woods to another team for a high pick. Then there's Higbee, who makes a lot of money and could be either traded or released next year to save cap space.

We could see a wide receiver group of Woods/Kupp, Jefferson, and Atwell and a tight end group of Hopkins/Harris after this year. That's still a lot of balls, but I get why McVay doubled down on receivers.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay and Snead tell them who to announce and they clearly are saying he's a TE. Also this is out there for everybody so I'm not sure why people are arguing that he's being used as a TE with the Rams but for the sake of proof.

View: https://twitter.com/JourdanRodrigue/status/1388554957482192897

Agreed. And this is what I was alluding to in my long-winded TE thread. Nowadays lines are blurring between the classic "TE" and "WR" roles. It's more about who's the best threat to get that slot spot for that given play.

Rams added speed on both sides. Tutu will compete for that spot. So will this guy and hopefully Hopkins lol. Fans can get all hung up on the term and what the guy is called but if he can threaten matchups in the slot he's gonna end up helping us.

I really like this pick. I was hoping the Rams would go for a conversion project. Wasn't the guy I wanted (Fehoko) but not a bad choice at all at this spot. (y)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Also and btw one thing I haven't seen mentioned is the Rams seem determined to be able to suffer a Kupp injury and still have competition for the next man up. I do really like that.

nighttrain

Legend
They already announced him as a tight end. And he'll be working on STs, not like he's going to end up starting for the next two years. It'll be his third year where he shines.
the announcement wasn't written on stone, could be a simple typing error
train

Memento

Name
Jemma
the announcement wasn't written on stone, could be a simple typing error
train

Like @OldSchool mentioned, Harris met mostly with our tight end and special teams coach. He'll be a project for a couple years, and then I think he'll be a force of nature.