Pick #117 - Rams select DT Bobby Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Seems to get held a lot and get doubled. How they gonna do that with AD next to him? Count me in as intrigued by this pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watched a lot of film on this guy since yesterday and my god do I love this pick. Between him and Ernest Jones we got MUCH more physical in the middle. This guy is a mountain yet has very impressive athleticism. Good hands and movement for his size. 1st team all SEC he dominated in the best conference in football. Go look at what he did vs Landon Dickerson of Alabama. Warren Sapp came out pre draft talking about this kid and how much he liked his game. I liked the pick yesterday but I love it today. He is a Brockers replacement 100% and honestly has a chance to be better.
Agreed Mach there is a lot to like on his film. His power might play really well and if so we'll feel him early on.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Brown & Rochelle were the best picks IMHO and BTW, love Raheem Morris, his energy is infectious, very natural, which makes me feel our defense is in great hands.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Watched a lot of film on this guy since yesterday and my god do I love this pick. Between him and Ernest Jones we got MUCH more physical in the middle. This guy is a mountain yet has very impressive athleticism. Good hands and movement for his size. 1st team all SEC he dominated in the best conference in football. Go look at what he did vs Landon Dickerson of Alabama. Warren Sapp came out pre draft talking about this kid and how much he liked his game. I liked the pick yesterday but I love it today. He is a Brockers replacement 100% and honestly has a chance to be better.

Agreed 100%. This might be my favorite pick this draft so far. The strong get stronger. Love it!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What will really be cool is if we get the good Robinson this year.

TexasRam

Legend
I like this pick. Dude gonna be a problem to deal with. For the other team. Very stout and shows some burst to the QB.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I see ppl saying the new Brockers. I thought that Brown would be playing nose and that this means the expect to lose SJD in free agency. Isn’t Robinson more of a fit in Brockers spot? I thought DE Earnest Brown was more so the future Brockers replacement.

Either way I like the potential of both of the DL picks.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I see ppl saying the new Brockers. I thought that Brown would be playing nose and that this means the expect to lose SJD in free agency. Isn’t Robinson more of a fit in Brockers spot? I thought DE Earnest Brown was more so the future Brockers replacement.

It's early and things can change.

I see A'Shawn Robinson stepping into the Brockers starting role at the 5-technique (as he was originally signed to do after Brockers signed with the Baltimore Ravens), with Bobby Brown filing the back-up spot at the 5 (Robinson's role over the final six weeks in 2020). Michael Hoecht could provide competition for Brown.

See Joseph-Day on the nose, backed-up by Greg Gaines.

Think the Rams view Earnest Brown as a potential replacement for Morgan Fox but also view Jonah Williams, Eric Banks and maybe Marquis Copeland as competition for that role.

You should listen to me. I'm a guy who explained last week why the Rams would NOT use one of their higher picks on a WR.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

He did play on the edge as a freshman. For his size he is very athletic so i could see him play some DE

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Better than Brockers coming out of college, IMO.
The 117th overall pick, who went a little higher than many expected, better than the 14th overall pick in 2012 who has been a nine-year-starter!?!

That's a bit of a bold statement. I will be thrilled if that turns-out to be the case.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_WQhC-i-h0

Better than Brockers coming out of college, IMO.

Definitely as talented as Brockers was. In my honest opinion, his ceiling is prime Haynesworth.

My only question is if BB3 can improve his conditioning. It's a problem because his motor tends to run very cold. I'm hoping that time spent with Donald will improve that and help him reach his sky-high potential.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I like Bobby Brown as a future Nose and 3T, I think Earnest Brown is meant for more of a Fox role, at least on the interior. As far as a 5T pass rusher, I don't think Earnest is a good fit, so hopefully one of the young DE practice squad guys is ready to step up. I've mentioned it before, but I'd also like to see Terrell Lewis get a shot at 5T if Hollins gets the other Edge.

Memphis Ram

Legend
The 117th overall pick, who went a little higher than many expected, better than the 14th overall pick in 2012 who has been a nine-year-starter!?!

That's a bit of a bold statement. I will be thrilled if that turns-out to be the case.

To clarify I was comparing the two coming out of college. I guess I should have worded it better.

That said, I expected much more out of Brockers given his salary and all the one one one matchups he got. So it wouldn't surprise me if he did outperform the veteran.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
To clarify I was comparing the two coming out of college. I guess I should have worded it better.

That said, I expected much more out of Brockers given his salary and all the one one one matchups he got. So it wouldn't surprise me if he did outperform the veteran.
Brockers may have been overdrafted but I always liked him as a team guy.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Brockers may have been overdrafted but I always liked him as a team guy.
And he has always played well. Tough against the run, and he always got some sacks. And a team leader I think. But I always thought he was a better tackle in a 4-3 defense.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The good: big time run stuffer. Load at the LOS. Adds physicality which we need.

The bad: effort is up and down. Go back a year and idk. Not a pass rush threat unless he's crushing the guy.

If this guy comes in motivated he's gonna help us quickly. I suppose between him and Robinson we have two guys who can power that LOS inside or at 5T which is a lot better than just Robinson. We weren't gonna get a strong DL this late, so they opted for a guy who has a power skill set. Solid pick here it seems to me.

Yeah, Warren Saap isn’t the only one. Merlin pointed out Fisher, others talking up Brown. He looks like a load and moves pretty damn well. Footwork, working off his blocks, etc.

Donald will be a great accelerator to his NFL learning curve.

I like the potential here.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Well I have no view on Bobby Brown. I might have said he wouldn’t make The Rams roster.That was going way to far.I was going off a TV clip when he got drafted.That’s what I know and saw. Then I read in 2019 he was SEC defensive lineman of the year.
So to clarify,your right M. Brockers came out a season early & probably wasn’t even the best D’Lineman at LSU ? He had the most talent & was an ascending player who was extremely mature & down to earth at an early age.