Pick #117 - Rams select DT Bobby Brown

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Having pondered the selections of MLB'er & DT/NT Brown it's obvious to me that the 9ers running attack that has owned the Rams for some time being addressed as best as Snead/Mcvay could do with what they had. Morris had to be very pleased with the 3 selections of an MLB/ NT/ CB early.

Rookie Brown came into Rams this week @ 6-4/335 pounds! You put him next to the 6-4/330 pound D'Shawn Robinson & the middle of your defense is a sizeable event. The 9ers are sure to have taken notice of this.

If the Rams can reverse the regularity of those 2 losses to the 9ers each season, then that NFC West Divisional title becomes a much easier goal to obtain. Then missing the opportunity to play in places like Green Bay Wisconsin in January just adds to the easement plan.

Last edited:

Psycho_X

Legend
Having pondered the selections of MLB'er & DT/NT Brown it's obvious to me that the 9ers running attack that has owned the Rams for some time being addressed as best as Snead/Mcvay could do with what they had. Morris had to be very pleased with the 3 selections of an MLB/ NT/ CB early.

Rookie Brown came into Rams this week @ 6-4/335 pounds! You put him next to the 6-4/330 pound D'Shawn Robinson & the middle of your defense is a sizeable event. The 9ers are sure to have taken notice of this.

If the Rams can reverse the regularity of those 2 losses to the 9ers each season, then that NFC West Divisional title becomes a much easier goal to obtain. Then playing in places like Green Bay Wisconsin in January just adds to the easement plan.

Agreed, they have a lot of beef on the d-line now and drafted a ILB who they think has superior twitch -read and react- ability to roam behind that beef. Throw in a talented, well sized CB that I could see being used against those WR screens/TE short routes as well the Whiners like to use. Will see if that translates to the field but you're right that you can certainly see the plan with their draft picks.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

If the Rams can reverse the regularity of those 2 losses to the 9ers each season, then that NFC West Divisional title becomes a much easier goal to obtain. Then playing in places like Green Bay Wisconsin in January just adds to the easement plan.

Have a front 3 of Robinson, SJD, Brown and use AD as the RushOLB and move Floyd to the other OLB.

That'd be insane... They could move AD up and down the DL...

yeah, would be fun to watch, that's for sure... not a DL to be bullied, that's for SURE.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Have a front 3 of Robinson, SJD, Brown and use AD as the RushOLB and move Floyd to the other OLB.

That'd be insane... They could move AD up and down the DL...

yeah, would be fun to watch, that's for sure... not a DL to be bullied, that's for SURE.
I do think our front will be better this year. But if you look at that GB loss in the playoffs Robinson didn't do shit. They're gonna miss Brock IMO.

Question is how long does it take the rooks to become good rotation pieces. And/or can B Brown win that 5T job quickly. If he can we'll be in business right out the gate. If not, we'll see a transition while he settles in because I don't trust Robinson to hold anything down.

Going back to that GB loss the Packers power mashed us in the run game. That game was all about "we're going to manhandle these fucks" and they did. Vs a power run front Gaines is much stronger than SJD because he is extremely tough to move and you felt that every snap he was in there. SJD's the better option vs zone, but in that game Gaines probably should have had most of the snaps, I think Staley was a bit late going to him (it was late 2nd quarter if memory serves).

What we may see is B Brown being the starter at NT vs zone teams, and Gaines as reserve for the power fronts. Of course Brown has the game for both which is why he's starter material. But point is if they see B Brown as a 1T for most of his snaps then SJD moves outside to 5T. Benefit of a power NT would of course be what it does for AD. Doubling him becomes much more difficult.

But I think the defense is better off if BB wins that 5T spot instead. And if by some miracle Robinson is the good Robinson this year I agree we're gonna see some shit. Thing is the Rams drafted two power DL because they didn't like getting pushed around last year and they also don't trust Robinson. Which is a good thing.